2021 Lineup

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

MCR will not be headlining R&L in 2021 2 months after a gigantic U.K. tour. They are expected to be back in the states by the late summer. It’s not happening.

Fucking hell fine, lasted even shorter than last year 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You hold R&L too highly lol

And why wouldn’t I

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Oh god it’s going to be a Courteeners/Biffy co headline isn’t it?

i think the Biffy could save that

17 minutes ago, Aech said:

The last four years of lineups?

The countless many before that where they pulled class acts and the fact they could still pull out a huge surprise that no one thinks of

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Three things in life are certain: death, taxes and outgrowing R&L somewhere between your 18th and 21st birthday (if not before)

Yeah I'm nearly 21 and it's still great for the crowds, the atmosphere and the ridiculous fuck up but now I can go Glasto and other major European festivals and get 3x the number of big acts (or even have a proper shower every morning like with the last one I went too, absolute bliss) Reading just gets less and less appealing.

• Upvote 1

I did V festival as a 16 and 17yo, then on to Reading at 18 and 19.. last four years have been a mix of BBK in Bilbao, NOS Alive in Lisbon then more chill ones in the UK like Wilderness. Went back to Reading aged 24 last year and never felt so old in my life. Still had fun but 90% of the people there are really awful. 

I've enjoyed going to Reading with a day ticket, mid-20s, more than I ever did camping age 16/17/18. For a full day of live music, it usually is good value. Plus being local, <60' from home to inside the arena, it really is hard to say no. I've no thought of stopping yet ^_^.

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

I did V festival as a 16 and 17yo, then on to Reading at 18 and 19.. last four years have been a mix of BBK in Bilbao, NOS Alive in Lisbon then more chill ones in the UK like Wilderness. Went back to Reading aged 24 last year and never felt so old in my life. Still had fun but 90% of the people there are really awful. 

I went to Leeds last year for the first time since 2013(I'm now 27) and was amazed at the amount of dickheads that are there now compared to 7 years ago. We were in the quiet camp, which was fine, but other campsites had peoples tents being robbed and set on fire on the first day.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:33 AM, dentalplan said:

I don’t think they’re bothered about booking the likes of Marshmello in 2021. EDM doesn’t have that big a place at this festival nowadays - perhaps because there’s already SW4 and FR’s own Creamfields offering that in a big way that weekend - and it’s just not all-encompassing enough anymore to go toe-to-toe with those fests.

Since when was creamfileds run by festival republic?!

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Ah it’s Live Nation, but same thing. I think around 2014.

I work for festival republic as an accountant and creamfields doesn’t come under my cost centre whereas the other (download,randl,latitude,electric picnic, lollapaloza do), it’s a weird relationship with live nation here 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

And why wouldn’t I

Haven’t you been advocating for acts recently who just stand no chance of being booked? I know exactly what you’re going through man we’ve all been through it.

Your first few years at r&l are great but then slowly the festival starts booking acts that you don’t care about and eventually you realise that it’s not the place for you anymore.

7 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I work for festival republic as an accountant and creamfields doesn’t come under my cost centre whereas the other (download,randl,latitude,electric picnic, lollapaloza do), it’s a weird relationship with live nation here 

Who’s headlining Reading and Leeds 2021?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The whole company is ran very secretly with the people who book and organise being OJ different floors. I usually find out information when I look at invoices and pay deposits, some of the bigger bookings are dealt with by the finance director e.g. rage was dealt with entirely be him! So couldn’t tell you... I prefer the excitement leading up to the announcement! I’m also a contractor so not directly a member of their staff and a lot of my work is financial planning and reporting! Although I get information when I do interim reporting! You hear rumours but I’m rarely in the office! People who work their full time and in the London office tend to know what’s going on!

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

To add further, a lot of bands have limited companies set up to act as a tax vehicle for when performing here so sometimes it could be a really obscure name which doesn’t give anything away

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

The whole company is ran very secretly with the people who book and organise being OJ different floors. I usually find out information when I look at invoices and pay deposits, some of the bigger bookings are dealt with by the finance director e.g. rage was dealt with entirely be him! So couldn’t tell you... I prefer the excitement leading up to the announcement! I’m also a contractor so not directly a member of their staff and a lot of my work is financial planning and reporting! Although I get information when I do interim reporting! You hear rumours but I’m rarely in the office! People who work their full time and in the London office tend to know what’s going on!

I was just joking with you mate, I don’t want you to lose your job or owt. 😂

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was just joking with you mate, I don’t want you to lose your job or owt. 😂

No worries! I’m on of the last people they would tell anyway being a contractor, although I do chat to Melvin often! He’s a good bloke

• Upvote 1