2021 Lineup

They’re not going to put Stormzy co-headlining when he was announced to headline outright this year. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Megan Thee Stallion / All Time Low 

Sam Fender 

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Two Door Cinema Club / D-Block Euorope 

Marshmello 

Guns N Roses / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai 

AJ Tracey

Latitude announcing this early is brilliant news - FR seemed as if they'd be announcing all their lineups at "normal" times rather than instantly after 2020 cancellations. Could get a R+L lineup announcement around late August maybe to coincide with the festival.

Has Stormzy officially postponed/cancelled his tour yet? 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They’re not going to put Stormzy co-headlining when he was announced to headline outright this year. 

Think you’ve read his post wrong mate. He’s got Courteeners and BMTH co-headlining and Stormzy and GnR outright.

But yeah, I could easily see something like your prediction anyway. Don’t see Courteeners getting bumped up

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Megan Thee Stallion / All Time Low 

Sam Fender 

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Two Door Cinema Club / D-Block Euorope 

Marshmello 

Guns N Roses / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai 

AJ Tracey

I don’t think they’d bin off Rex maybe MS somewhere

I don’t think they’re bothered about booking the likes of Marshmello in 2021. EDM doesn’t have that big a place at this festival nowadays - perhaps because there’s already SW4 and FR’s own Creamfields offering that in a big way that weekend - and it’s just not all-encompassing enough anymore to go toe-to-toe with those fests.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think they’re bothered about booking the likes of Marshmello in 2021. EDM doesn’t have that big a place at this festival nowadays - perhaps because there’s already SW4 and FR’s own Creamfields offering that in a big way that weekend - and it’s just not all-encompassing enough anymore to go toe-to-toe with those fests.

I mean have we had many dance acts on R1 or MS recently, I can really only think of Major Lazer and Pendulum 

25 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I mean have we had many dance acts on R1 or MS recently, I can really only think of Major Lazer and Pendulum 

Diplo, Mura Masa, Wilkinson, Netsky, Sub Focus, Flume, The Blaze, SG Lewis...

There's a few dance (electronic) acts on R1 each year.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Diplo, Mura Masa, Wilkinson, Netsky, Sub Focus, Flume, The Blaze, SG Lewis...

There's a few dance (electronic) acts on R1 each year.

Shit shows how much I pay attention 😂😂

but I guess like Marshmello is a different sort of act maybe idk

4 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I know this is late and could have been said but do we see Haim playing Reading due to that it no longer looks like they are playing Lattitude can we see them, co headlining or subbing or even playing the festival at all. I think it would be great if they played also looks good for FR.

That’s a shout actually could easily see them bought in as a sub to either Rage, GnR or whoever is the larger rock act, or even co headline with someone if LG ain’t there

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Haim are in Europe early summer for their show in Ireland and presumably Glasto. Don’t think they’ll be around for R&L.

You say this, but surely artists will want to play as much as possible after so much time away

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You say this, but surely artists will want to play as much as possible after so much time away

Yes but not being in Europe late summer doesn’t mean they won’t be playing any shows, it usually means they’ll be touring elsewhere in the world having already toured Europe.

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yes but not being in Europe late summer doesn’t mean they won’t be playing any shows, it usually means they’ll be touring elsewhere in the world having already toured Europe.

Oh yh didn’t think of that 😂😂

no way for marshmello, the other dance acts listed have a lot more crossover like pendulum or have hiphop/indie mixed in e.g. mura masa. marshmello is like edm/pop - very different. Wonder if Andy C will get a big slot surely hes got to move to R1 eventually, DNB is growing at a pretty fast rate for the festival's audience.

booked my first show since coronavirus in glass animals at banquet records (kingston pryzm) in December. tiny venue and the tickets sat which is kind of concerning - i had a look and it was the same for most bands playing shows there. guess not many people want to book tickets as December is pretty soon. i woke up like ready and was spamming refresh for nothing as well haha

Just now, VCK said:

New Jarvis Cocker album is good. Long shot but any chance of him making an appearence?

not a chance unless its with pulp and even then not sure they would be booked vs like BST or APE

53 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Pulp / Jarvis Cocker aren't gonna appear at Reading in this decade. From a personal stand point they looked massively out of place playing on 2011, let alone 2021.

I think you underestimate there popularity, songs like Common People and Disco 2000 are still massive

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think you underestimate there popularity, songs like Common People and Disco 2000 are still massive

There’s no way Pulp ever play R&L again. They’d go down like a lead balloon. I echo what was said above in that they looked a bit out of place in 2011 and look how much the festival has changed since then. They’d be more likely for BST if they reformed again. 

1 hour ago, deckchair92 said:

got bored, roast itkt6tg70vfob51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

You can piss off for clashing The Streets, 100Gecs and Kano but other than that it’s realistic and quite a decent lineup. Nothing at all jumps out at me as wildly out of place, which is rare on this forum haha.