2021 Lineup

6 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Think this is pretty similar to mine. I have a strange feeling we could see 2/3 of  Bastille / The Wombats / Blossoms co headline on a dry year in a couple of years which would probably equally as dull despite the fact I actually enjoy two of them.

I don’t think we’ll see the Wombats headline I think 2 Door/ Bastille and Royal Blood are the next ones to jump

I might be biased because Blossoms are basically my favourite band but I’d absolutely love then to get w headline slot

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I don’t think we’ll see the Wombats headline I think 2 Door/ Bastille and Royal Blood are the next ones to jump

I might be biased because Blossoms are basically my favourite band but I’d absolutely love then to get w headline slot

I'm not sure why, I just have a strange feeling about the wombats. Their last album sold very well and a number of songs with a lot of radio play, I could see R&L slotting them in as a cheap co head if their next album fares well.

I'm 90% sure Royal Blood will off their next album as long as they maintain the momentum, their last big tour sold very quickly despite the massive arenas they were playing.

I love Blossoms, one of my favorites too and the amount of money I've spent on their vinyl releases is scary. I can very much see R&L boosting them up to a headliner position as they obviously enjoy them although I think it would be one of the smallest and motionless headliner crowds in history. They don't seem to pull the crowds down south and to me have always suited mid/ small sized venues a lot better imo. 

Friday
MAIN - Stormzy, Lewis Capaldi, tdcc, slowthai, circa waves, Hayley Williams, genghar 
R1 - Sam fender, glass animals, Aitch, inhaler, bloxx, joy crookes

saturday
MAIN - biffy clyro/tame impala, Skepta, Megan Thee stallion, enter Shikari, Doja cat, sports team, kawala  
R1 - disclosure, dmas, Fontaines DC, everything everything, sea girls, the snuts

sunday
MAIN - Arctic monkeys, dua lipa, run the jewels, Jamie T, m huncho, creeper, vistas
R1 -  AJ Tracey, idles, friendly fires, beabadoobee, easy life, belako 

51 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

What position dyou think Alt-J would play now not sure if they've really grown since they subbed in 2015

They’ve not really grown but they haven’t really got any smaller either, they’re still a huge band so I’d say sub again, maybe a R1 headline. Doubt they’ll play though I think the last thing they did was headline boardmasters all the way back in 2017

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I could see Alt j headlining radio 1 again 

I’ve never managed to see them so wouldn't mind this. An Awesome Wave is a class album. They’re supposed to be a bit shit live though I think.

Dunno if I could see them getting booked though tbh 

20 minutes ago, Aech said:

Kings of Leon, Cardi B, Calvin Harris

I’d actually quite like to see Calvin Harris but maybe not at Reading

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I could see Alt j headlining radio 1 again 

I’d like that if they was up against the shit headliner, they were decent in 2015 but I didn’t know them then, only got into them in recent months

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’ve never managed to see them so wouldn't mind this. An Awesome Wave is a class album. They’re supposed to be a bit shit live though I think.

I’ve seen them many times and I thought they were fine. I think some people don’t vibe with downtempo music at all. Alt J aren’t even downtempo I just think some people don’t like bands who don’t have flare anthems.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen them many times and I thought they were fine. I think some people don’t vibe with downtempo music at all. Alt J aren’t even downtempo I just think some people don’t like bands who don’t have flare anthems.

Ah fair play then. Yeah not sure, I’d just heard from a few people that they weren’t too interesting live but yeah it’s all subjective at the end of the day. 

Not sure if I can see them doing it but if they do I’d probably see them over most of the likely headliners.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Enjoyed them a lot at Latitude a couple of years ago. I just don't think a lot of people get what they were expecting from them.

4 hours ago, R Shah said:

On the other hand, best possible (realistic) headliners assuming every currently active act is available to tour? 

Rage Against The Machine, Foals/BMTH & The 1975 

Can't see the 1975 being there there have a huge show at Finsbury Park in July 

6 hours ago, R Shah said:

On the other hand, best possible (realistic) headliners assuming every currently active act is available to tour? 

Rage Against The Machine, Foals/BMTH & The 1975 

Arctic Monkeys, Foals/BMTH, Rage Against the Machine

With Tame Impala, Two Door and The Streets subbing