2021 Lineup

16 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Chuck City Mourge and Sullii in there you're onto a winner, was expecting to City Mourge to playing the pit this year 

I would love it if City Morgue got booked. Pouya would be brilliant too but I doubt he’d get booked because of the dodgy stuff surrounding him. 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would love it if City Morgue got booked. Pouya would be brilliant too but I doubt he’d get booked because of the dodgy stuff surrounding him. 

I can see a Trap Rock/Emo Rap/Rap Rock day being booked in The Pit Death Grips, City Mourge, Killstation, Sullii, Wicca Phase Spring Enteral, Pengshui, Ho9909, Hacktivist, Bob Vylan, Headache (Mike from Lower Than Atlantis) Kid Bookie

Edited by Alex Winstone

Got way too excited thinking this was them confirming for Reading 2021

Anyone know what this is though? Not seen anything else about it on the official festival social media so I assume it wasn’t announced yet ?

19B28EC9-98E9-4EE1-A5CF-CECB7176036E.jpeg

Edited by TheWaters

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Got way too excited thinking this was them confirming for Reading 2021

Anyone know what this is though? Not seen anything else about it on the official festival social media so I assume it wasn’t announced yet ?

19B28EC9-98E9-4EE1-A5CF-CECB7176036E.jpeg

I really hope that they're playing. Would love an R1 headline set from them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I am a huge Streets fan, they’re in my top 3 fave artists but god this new mixtape is a bit shit. Half the tracks are decent but there’s a couple that are genuinely plain bad. The track with Idles and the track with Jimothy Lacoste deffo the highlights.

Glad this is just a collab mixtape and that we’re supposedly getting a proper Streets album next year.

gotta agree, the new mixtape is mostly crap. Even the one with Idles, the only good part is the actual Idles part, something just sounds off with Mike Skinners voice on nearly all the tracks, like the mixing is off or something, it just doesn't sound right

10 minutes ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

Bit of a mix of a prediction and what I wouldn't mind seeing for next years lineup (pretty much just took this years lineup and changed a couple acts cos I cba)

rl21 wl.jpg

If only.....love the additions of grimes, circa waves and code orange!

However Weeknd is currently biggest artist on the planet on Spotify, and Lana + Dua Lipa are also enormous. First 2 would probably never play reading and Dua is minimum co-headline size.

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If only.....love the additions of grimes, circa waves and code orange!

However Weeknd is currently biggest artist on the planet on Spotify, and Lana + Dua Lipa are also enormous. First 2 would probably never play reading and Dua is minimum co-headline size.

Well I wouldn't mind Dua Lipa knocking Gerry Cinnamon out of his spot tbh, or put her where Capaldi is and move Capaldi subbing Gallagher

On 7/10/2020 at 10:04 AM, R Shah said:

Upcoming Albums
10 Jul - DMA'S
24 Jul - Neck Deep
31 Jul - Fontaines D.C.
7 Aug - Stand Atlantic
14 Aug - Biffy Clyro, Sea Girls
21 Aug - The Magic Gang
28 Aug - PVRIS
25 Sep - IDLES
2 Oct - The Hunna
23 Oct - Nothing But Thieves

Anything I've missed for people with similar tastes?

Lime Cordiale also released an album on the 10th titled '14 Steps To A Better You' they're one of my favourite bands currently and have a very sun soaked and catchy sound, highly recommend people give it a listen if you're into poppy indie rock

9 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Bit of a change of topic but what is the worst set of headliners people think R&L could genuinely make happen?

Courteeners/KOL again/Eminem for me 

Actually lemme rephrase, anyone who has headlined in the last 3 years because it’s just a dull booking, and bands/artists that should be subs ie Gerry Cinnamon, Courteeners

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Courteeners/KOL again/Eminem for me 

Think this is pretty similar to mine. I have a strange feeling we could see 2/3 of  Bastille / The Wombats / Blossoms co headline on a dry year in a couple of years which would probably equally as dull despite the fact I actually enjoy two of them.