2021 Lineup

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’d actually been predicting them to headline the pit/lock-up this year seeing as they were back. Hopefully next year, would be a great booking.

Their tour is the first time I’ve been tempted to get tickets for an event while we’re in the midst of this pandemic.

21 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Their tour is the first time I’ve been tempted to get tickets for an event while we’re in the midst of this pandemic.

Haha you’re a braver man than I, I’ve not taken the plunge and bought any new gig tickets yet. Was tempted by Shikari at the end of the year but it’ll probably be rescheduled. Actually tbf I was gonna buy a ticket for Fontaines D.C. in Bristol next year but overslept haha.

Saying all that I may not have bought a gig ticket yet but I have bought a fest ticket. Taken the plunge and bought a Primavera ticket for next year and just praying lmao

8 minutes ago, VCK said:

They've played UK festivals in the past without headlining. They're a big name but not Foo Fighters/Metallica/Arctic Monkeys/Radiohead/Green Day/Muse/RHCP level.

Not Gerry Cinnamon level either 

This is Kasabian over imo. Tom’s voice and style is iconic it’d be a bad move to just carry on as Kasabian with someone new or just Serge in vocals. I think the band remaining together as something new entirely might be the best way forward they just surely can’t go on as Kasabian.

Either that or just call it quits and Serge focuses on The SLP from now on are probably the best bets

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

This is Kasabian over imo. Tom’s voice and style is iconic it’d be a bad move to just carry on as Kasabian with someone new or just Serge in vocals. I think the band remaining together as something new entirely might be the best way forward they just surely can’t go on as Kasabian.

Either that or just call it quits and Serge focuses on The SLP from now on are probably the best bets

I mean in like 5 years time could you not see them getting back together 

16 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No it’s done 

That’s a shame, I still think they might keep

going with either another singer or Serge but as said it won’t be the same 

17 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I mean in like 5 years time could you not see them getting back together 

I thought the same after their initial statement but him not admitting guilt until shown video evidence seems to have (rightfully) pissed them off along with his own wishy washy ‘I’m doing well thanks’ statement so I think that bridge has been burnt. Bringing him back would be more trouble than it’s worth - they should just disband and move on. 

• Like 1

I’m torn on the idea of Serge being the main vocalist. I think he’d smash it going forward with new material, he’s shown with The SLP what he’s capable of when given the full reins to both writing and singing. On the other hand, I don’t think he’d do very well at singing the old tracks that Tom sings. Sticky one indeed for all parties involved.

Reading comments on Insta and one I agree with is about how they’ve sort of thrown him to the wolves.

Someone put they could’ve condemned it whilst giving a bit of support and that the statement was uncalled for and gone about the wrong way

• Downvote 8

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’m torn on the idea of Serge being the main vocalist. I think he’d smash it going forward with new material, he’s shown with The SLP what he’s capable of when given the full reins to both writing and singing. On the other hand, I don’t think he’d do very well at singing the old tracks that Tom sings. Sticky one indeed for all parties involved.

Some are definitely Tom songs, the verses in Fire and Underdog come to mind

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Reading comments on Insta and one I agree with is about how they’ve sort of thrown him to the wolves.

Someone put they could’ve condemned it whilst giving a bit of support and that the statement was uncalled for and gone about the wrong way

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting guilt or offering an apology. He can go fuck himself and the band were right to drop him like they did. Any well wishes to him on their behalf would’ve made them seem like domestic violence sympathisers - they could only cut and run.

• Upvote 18

7 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

bad take this, the guy is a piece of shit

4 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

bad take this, the guy is a piece of shit

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting guilt or offering an apology. He can go fuck himself and the band were right to drop him like they did. Any well wishes to him on their behalf would’ve made them seem like domestic violence sympathisers - they could only cut and run.

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to offend, I agree it’s disgusting and didn’t really think about the full picture. I’d take the comment away if I could but yh

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tom Meighan on Instagram 

D7A542F6-FB21-4896-BD54-98B2C3A5D6A7.jpeg

Generic statement really for this kind of thing, reminds me of Jesse Lacey's a few years back. Must be difficult to take responsibility for your actions since no one seems to be able to with statements like this.