2021 Lineup

I reckon Serge will write more stuff for when Tom hopefully comes back, but its also a good opportunity for him to keep the SLP going, of which his first album is very good imo

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I reckon Serge will write more stuff for when Tom hopefully comes back, but its also a good opportunity for him to keep the SLP going, of which his first album is very good imo

It's a strange one, instead of taking a break, its stepped down which is quite concerning. Wikipedia have already made him 'former lead singer' which seems harsh though true. SLP will continue but with an album being done, I wonder whether they will continue either with Serge as lead singer or hire someone else though that isn't Kasabian. it will be interesting but more sad news, sick of it. Glad I saw them at Manchester Arena 2017, couldnt attend Leeds due to getting GCSE results and my parents being tight about it, maddening I know.

Thanks. Arcade Fire are class, up there with Radiohead for me. Everything Now is a brilliant album though I'm a sucker for Neon Bible (I shed a tear more often that not every time I listen to Intervention) but my favourite is basic but has to be Funeral - such a great album cannot wait for them to tour.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thanks. Arcade Fire are class, up there with Radiohead for me. Everything Now is a brilliant album though I'm a sucker for Neon Bible (I shed a tear more often that not every time I listen to Intervention) but my favourite is basic but has to be Funeral - such a great album cannot wait for them to tour.

I've just gotten into them recently my favourite albums funeral too basic but still a cracking album

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They’re such a brilliant band can’t wait to see them one day

Favourite song of every album for your guys?? For me:

Funeral: Rebellion (Lies)

Neon Bible : No Cars Go

The Suburbs: Rococo

Reflektor: Here Comes the Night Time

Everything Now: Peter Pan or We Don’t Deserve Love

On the Kasabian front, very glad I saw them in 2017 at Reading, Tom has said he’s alright on Twitter which means maybe it’s a permanent spilt I really hope not coz as many have said it’s just the same

• Upvote 1

Kasabian are one of few bands of their ilk I rate really highly. It sucks that Tom has stepped down but hopefully he can sort his issues and return to the band one day. They were outstanding headlining Leeds in 2012 (probably in my top 10 headline sets I’ve ever seen) and were great in 2017 for the half hour or so I saw before going elsewhere. I’ve been listening to them quite a bit over the last couple of months. 

24 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They’re such a brilliant band can’t wait to see them one day

Favourite song of every album for your guys?? For me:

Funeral: Rebellion (Lies)

Neon Bible : No Cars Go

The Suburbs: Rococo

Reflektor: Here Comes the Night Time

Everything Now: Peter Pan or We Don’t Deserve Love

On the Kasabian front, very glad I saw them in 2017 at Reading, Tom has said he’s alright on Twitter which means maybe it’s a permanent spilt I really hope not coz as many have said it’s just the same

There soo good!

Funeral : Rebellion (lies) 

Neon Bible: Keep the car running

The Suburbs (such a great album) : We used to wait 

Reflektor : Reflektor 

Everything Now : Creature Comfort or Signs of life 

Just a brilliant band.

I met Tom in a pub in Leicester about October last year. I’d popped into a bar to wait on my missus who was having her hair done and it was between 11-12 am and he wandered in pissed.

I could tell he was in a bad way and he turned quite antagonistic in conversation but he told me some bad stuff about what was happening in his life after I mentioned my dad had terminal cancer and at that point he turned into the sweetest person, it was a bit like a Jekyll and Hyde situation.

I really hope he takes time out and works on himself and gets better, I’d hate for us to wake up to reports about something dreadful happening to him.

Edited by metallimuse
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I met Tom in a pub in Leicester about October last year. I’d popped into a bar to wait on my missus who was having her hair done and it was between 11-12 am and he wandered in pissed.

I could tell he was in a bad way and he turned quite antagonistic in conversation but he told me some bad stuff about what was happening in his life after I mentioned my dad had terminal cancer and at that point he turned into the sweetest person, it was a bit like a Jekyll and Hyde situation.

I really hope he takes time out and works on himself and gets better, I’d hate for us to wake up to reports about something dreadful happening to him.

Stories like this make me really hope that he can sort his own demons out. Am I right in thinking that he and Serge have been friends since they were at school or something equally as close?

32 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Stories like this make me really hope that he can sort his own demons out. Am I right in thinking that he and Serge have been friends since they were at school or something equally as close?

Someone shared this on my Twitter. The Scum are horrible and this could be lies but the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ personality. Plus The Scum I suppose know there showbiz as we know through Glastonbury. I would hate for this to be true. 

B45E771A-3D5A-425D-A80E-73D3E0FDD065.jpeg

On 7/6/2020 at 1:32 AM, Ives562 said:

Any chance of black veil brides? 

Can't see it, far more likely to do Download instead (they were booked for that this year, can see them being booked next year). First band I ever saw actually (not counting supports), way back in 2011.

9 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Can't see it, far more likely to do Download instead (they were booked for that this year, can see them being booked next year). First band I ever saw actually (not counting supports), way back in 2011

That's a shame would be awsome live 

Really gutted about the kasabian news, missed them at R'17 and IOW'18 - was so gutted on missing out on summer solstice, then happy as it was cancelled (lowkey obviously sucks like glasto etc cancelled too) and now gutted again.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Today’s a bad day because of the Tom Meighan news but it’s also the day I’ve been unbanned so silver linings and that

What have I missed in the last month or so? 

A few orgasms over how good Arcade Fire are

8 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Can we please have Funeral For A Friend next year?

Just announced a tour for next July. 

I’d actually been predicting them to headline the pit/lock-up this year seeing as they were back. Hopefully next year, would be a great booking.