2021 Lineup

28 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Thought I would share this here, linked is a video I did over the sight with comparison. It shows what the sight looks like with no festival, hope you enjoy

Cool shots!

Seeing those views makes me want to play some kinda Theme Park World-esque festival simulation game. Why isn't that a thing yet :lol:.

• Upvote 3

On 7/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, JSmurphy said:

For regulars and first timers: what's the best act you've seen on each stage? I've ignored any secret sets.

Main Stage: Rage Against the Machine (2008)
Honourable Mentions: Muse (2006), Arcade Fire (2007), Nine Inch Nails (2007), Bloc Party (2008), Metallica (2008), The Prodigy (2009), Weezer (2010), BMTH (2011), Biffy Clyro (2013), Vampire Weekend (2014), Yungblud (2019)

NME/Radio 1: Jamie T (2009)
Honourable Mentions: Limp Bizkit (2015), The Hives (2012), Crystal Castles (2011), Pulled Apart By Horses (2011), Tame Impala (2013) 

The Pit/Lock-Up: FIDLAR (2019)
Honourable Mentions: New Found Glory (2015), Alexisonfire (2009), Emily’s Army (2014)

Festival Republic/Carling Stage: The Maccabees (2006)
Honourable Mentions: Feeder (2012), Drenge (2013), The 1975 (2013)

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

I really hope they don’t book 6ix9ine.

6ix9ine/KSI/Kings Of Leon

Mcr/ the Fratellis/ Underworld subs

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Main - Kendrick 2018

R1 - Brockhampton 2018 (fuck me that set was good)

Dance - Riton and Kah Lo 2018 (only act i've seen i think)

FR - Frank Carter secret set 2018

Introducing - Wombats 2018 secret set, was my first set of the festival literally started in front of us

Got to admit just looked at Dave and AJ Traceys listeners on Spotify they are huge both are 6 million monthly listeners which is outstanding. Would expect them to sub next time they play. I really do feel though that Kendrick in 2018 was possibly the greatest headline set and a huge pull for Reading. Kanye’s new song sounds a little like ‘life of Pablo’ so hoping he’s going back to his roots which is good cause he’s stepping away from his church stuff. Meaning he’ll be back!! Just hope Reading have that kind of pulling power to get Kanye along (it would be insane) and tickets would sell quick. 

Kendricks set was incredible in 2018 

Edited by Dim Sum

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Main - Kendrick 2018

R1 - Brockhampton 2018 (fuck me that set was good)

Dance - Riton and Kah Lo 2018 (only act i've seen i think)

FR - Frank Carter secret set 2018

Introducing - Wombats 2018 secret set, was my first set of the festival literally started in front of us

Frank was in the pit not Festival Republic

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I had him down to headline R1 but his crowd would be massive. 

I suppose it depends how things pan out with rebooking acts but there are strong 'next big thing' vibes coming off him. Reminds me of 50 Cent in that he's got personality, he's pretty gifted as a rapper and he's also found a way to dominate the charts.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I suppose it depends how things pan out with rebooking acts but there are strong 'next big thing' vibes coming off him. Reminds me of 50 Cent in that he's got personality, he's pretty gifted as a rapper and he's also found a way to dominate the charts.

I agree, he’s definitely got something about him that screams that he is going to be properly massive pretty soon. 

Edited by Andre91

22 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Would expect them to sub next time they play. I really do feel though that Kendrick in 2018 was possibly the greatest headline set and a huge pull for Reading.

Kanye’s new song sounds a little like ‘life of Pablo’ so hoping he’s going back to his roots which is good cause he’s stepping away from his church stuff. Meaning he’ll be back!! Just hope Reading have that kind of pulling power to get Kanye along (it would be insane) and tickets would sell quick.

It was just so short, only went to 2018 but not a chance i think

can't be touring if he's gonna be president:D

Just now, Dangerbreaks said:

Tom leaving Kasabian, hope he's ok. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. 

Yh I saw that absolutely gutted glad I saw them in 2017

Just now, Dangerbreaks said:

Tom leaving Kasabian, hope he's ok. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. 

Yeah I hope he gets better. The statement didn't say they were taking a break as a band though so I'm not sure if they're going to go on with Serge singing

Just now, Sam Y said:

Yeah I hope he gets better. The statement didn't say they were taking a break as a band though so I'm not sure if they're going to go on with Serge singing

It’s not quite the same tho is it, Serge has a class voice it’s just not Toms 

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s not quite the same tho is it, Serge has a class voice it’s just not Toms 

Yeah I know, I'm gutted that I was never able to see them live and hope that Tom gets back on track

Edited by Sam Y