2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

I went to rize festival a couple of years ago and they teased a oasis reunion but in the end it was just Liam singing loads of oasis songs 

Which is every set coz his solo stuff is arse

3 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Parasite Eve is set to become BMTH's 2nd top 40 single (currently at #21), I think this era will do very well for them!

Its deserved coz that song is brilliant and must have been even more difficult over face time etc

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I wouldn't rule out BMTH headlining in the future now honestly, it's one song but they can gain loads of new fans from this project.   

I hope so, I think they'd kill it. They were unreal at APE and I think this new music would be outstanding live. Might be as a co-head but i'd love to see it.

• Upvote 1

The singles since Tokyo Drifting just kinda feel like they're just aiming to do How to Be a Human Being again. I hate being the person who trashes a band for sounding too much like themselves but none of it (again, since Tokyo Drifting) has really got me hyped. Maybe it's a tough act to follow, or maybe I'll be surprised by the album itself when it eventually comes out.

Reading + Leeds placement-wise: I think they'll be 4th/5th main or sub R1 again. I think they've hit their ceiling but likely to make the lateral move to the main stage.

21 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm loving the new Glass Animals song, out of all the singles released so far this is probably my favourite but i've loved them all (although Dreamland imo is a bit weaker than the others) they subbed the R1 Tent last time they played in 2017, would love to have them back headlining in there next year

They are announcing a tour for easter time relatively soon. Also dreamland is more of an intro than a proper song.

They were subbing APE this year so not sure if they will be rebooked, it seems likely that Tame will be as they are around so would make sense. Quite different crowds so they definitely could do Reading too. I would love to see them there but i feel like they are rather unknown to reading's audience to do the R1 headline when you look at other recent headliners. I would be so down though, favourite band.

the album also got delayed to august 7th

edit 2: this has been really all over the place but they are doing well right now, your love is still climbing in the USA. @dentalplan i'd say they probably can move up to r1 headline given they are subbing APE? definitely a weird booking though for reading to have them that high i think

Edited by gfa

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

They are announcing a tour for easter time relatively soon. Also dreamland is more of an intro than a proper song.

They were subbing APE this year so not sure if they will be rebooked, it seems likely that Tame will be as they are around so would make sense. Quite different crowds so they definitely could do Reading too. I would love to see them there but i feel like they are rather unknown to reading's audience to do the R1 headline when you look at other recent headliners. I would be so down though, favourite band.

the album also got delayed to august 7th

edit 2: this has been really all over the place but they are doing well right now, your love is still climbing in the USA. @dentalplan i'd say they probably can move up to r1 headline given they are subbing APE? definitely a weird booking though for reading to have them that high i think

USA is different though. And All Points East is pretty hard to use as a marker to place acts on the R+L lineup (I think they were billed below Caribou anyway) but they were due to play and likely not headline the John Peel stage at Glastonbury this year. They don't seem to be making huge moves up lineups here so really I think they've just found their level and will hold onto it.

Don't think they'd gain that much of a crowd headlining R1 - who would really go see them over a headliner when they play just about every festival?

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

USA is different though. And All Points East is pretty hard to use as a marker to place acts on the R+L lineup (I think they were billed below Caribou anyway) but they were due to play and likely not headline the John Peel stage at Glastonbury this year. They don't seem to be making huge moves up lineups here so really I think they've just found their level and will hold onto it.

Don't think they'd gain that much of a crowd headlining R1 - who would really go see them over a headliner when they play just about every festival?

I mean it depends who they are against really - against a rapper a lot of people would see them i reckon or a heavier rock act i guess. They don't do that many fests at all also and had the big break too. I think it would definitely be a weird slot, its more the audience than their size i think

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I mean it depends who they are against really - against a rapper a lot of people would see them i reckon or a heavier rock act i guess. They don't do that many fests at all also and had the big break too. I think it would definitely be a weird slot, its more the audience than their size i think

Maybe R1 Headliner was a bit optimistic but they seem to be a similar size to Mura Masa in this country at least (i probably hear and see Glass Animals spoke about more) but maybe them playing the same slot or mid-day on main would be more feasible 

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

I would rather agree with you on their placement than debate why it is their placement if that's okay with you.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would 💯 see them over fucking Liam Gallagher

I do however think looking back at their Glasto set their sound would get lost on the MS

Edited by Gerard the Fab

9 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Hope stormzy is there again next year forgot how good his glasto set was

His Glasto set was phenomenal one of the best I’ve ever seen, I think he’ll be just as good at R&L

On another note: did anyone watch Bowie I thought he was amazing 

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Any 2 out of BMTH, Biffy & Foals co-headlining would be perfect. 

yes it definitely would, as much as I would love to see Rage, seeing a co headline between 2 of 3 of my favourite bands would be class

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Maybe R1 Headliner was a bit optimistic but they seem to be a similar size to Mura Masa in this country at least (i probably hear and see Glass Animals spoke about more) but maybe them playing the same slot or mid-day on main would be more feasible 

wasn't mura musa empty when they did it (was against post though which i guess is why)

44 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You know who I’d love to see at Reading: Underworld and Faithless

Underworld would die on their arse at R&L. Do you really know a lot of student leavers who are in to Underworld?!

Faithless are no longer touring as a live act and it's just the DJ doing the round these days, but again, really not a R&L type act.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You know who I’d love to see at Reading: Underworld and Faithless

Dude are you sure you’re not just approaching that stage in every young adults life where you realise R&L isn’t really for you anymore 🤣

Underworld, Gorillaz, Faithless, Tame Impala - you’re attending the wrong festival bro!