2021 Lineup

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why did you stop at listing the last four Sunday headliners? Why not five?

Yeah fair point that - its just all the years since i've been interested in the festival - it wasn't on purpose haha. But i think you'd agree they aren't exactly the level of the last 4.

Question for everyone: if you got your 3 most wanted acts and the rest of the lineup was almost all courteeners/crap you don't like would you care?

Edited by gfa

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Question for everyone: if you got your 3 most wanted acts and the rest of the lineup was almost all courteeners/crap you don't like would you care?

not at all, give me my dream headliners and you can chuck nobody else on the lineup and i’ll be there

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah fair point that - its just all the years since i've been interested in the festival - it wasn't on purpose haha. But i think you'd agree they aren't exactly the level of the last 4.

At this stage if they could guarantee me Rage for next year I’d take my chances on the rest of the line up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Echoing what other people have said, get me Rage and I will be there for the day. They were literally the only reason I bought a Friday ticket this year.

Other good headliners and acts would be a massive bonus and might sway me into a weekend ticket, but Rage are just one of those bands I have to see no matter what.

I know they did the R1 tent in 2018, but are Pendulum too big for the Dance Tent headline?

E.g. like Enter Shikari are bigger than the slots they played at Download & Reading last year, but they were billed in a special way, as a logo band, multiple sets etc. 

8 hours ago, R Shah said:

I know they did the R1 tent in 2018, but are Pendulum too big for the Dance Tent headline?

E.g. like Enter Shikari are bigger than the slots they played at Download & Reading last year, but they were billed in a special way, as a logo band, multiple sets etc. 

Pendulum was absolutely packed in 2018, even if it was up against half of Panics set and half no one on the main stage. But it was jammed, could barely move and people outside everywhere as well. I think if they play normally they headline Radio 1, if it’s a DJ set then Dance would be alright 

If they pull Pendulum again, then that will be massive and I will be incredibly pleased, they were awesome in 2018

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Pendulum was absolutely packed in 2018, even if it was up against half of Panics set and half no one on the main stage. But it was jammed, could barely move and people outside everywhere as well. I think if they play normally they headline Radio 1, if it’s a DJ set then Dance would be alright 

If they pull Pendulum again, then that will be massive and I will be incredibly pleased, they were awesome in 2018

That was a brilliant day, Papa Roach straight after in the pit was superb. One of my favourite band days for sure.

• Upvote 2

Just a quick off the top of the head prediction for next year (very optimistic)

Stormzy/ Childish Gambino (special guest)/ Wolf Alice/ IDLES/ Everything Everything

R1: Bicep (DJ Set), Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Khruangbin

Biffy Clyro + Bring Me The Horizon (co-headline)/ Royal Blood/ Halsey/ Mastodon

R1: Nothing But Thieves, Sports Team, Sorry

Arctic Monkeys/ System Of A Down/ Run The Jewels/ Haim/ Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

R1: Yungblud, The Cribs, Aitch

5 minutes ago, FUNKYBUDDHA86 said:

Stormzy/ Childish Gambino (special guest)/ Wolf Alice/ IDLES/ Everything Everything

Arctic Monkeys/ System Of A Down/ Run The Jewels/ Haim/ Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

yeah you should be sorry because this lineup is stupid

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That was a brilliant day, Papa Roach straight after in the pit was superb. One of my favourite band days for sure.

I just went home, Kendrick was shit and didn’t really care about anyone else

1 hour ago, FUNKYBUDDHA86 said:

Sorry what the fuck is this, Aitch below the Cribs??

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah, I loved that day.

i spent the build up to the festival moaning about the line up but by the time the festival came around it had filled out nicely and before you know it I was watching a run of Skindred, Sum 41,Starcrawler, Black Peaks, Metz, Pendulum and Papa Roach.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I loved that day.

i spent the build up to the festival moaning about the line up but by the time the festival came around it had filled out nicely and before you know it I was watching a run of Skindred, Sum 41,Starcrawler, Black Peaks, Metz, Pendulum and Papa Roach.

I saw Skindred, Sum 41, Dua Lipa, N.E.R.D, Deaf Havana, Mike Shinoda, Pendulum and Papa Roach. It doesn't get better for me for the money. It pissed it down but yeah.

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry what the fuck is this, Aitch below the Cribs??

There's so much more wrong with it than that...

Yeah DMA’S would go down so well feel like there worthy of subbing Radio 1 or even being third down below a co-head at a push. Really interested to see what Wolf Alice will be doing feel like If they have a new album coming out soon which looks promising and it’s successful could see them subbing 👌 Gang of Youths would be another interesting one as there really up and coming and have a fairly big following in the UK so could see them play third down radio 1 certainly. Little Simz do we think she’s a little to big to slot in as a Radio 1xtra headliner? Plus Biffy Clyro getting good radio time on radio 1 currently could see them co-heading. With the a first announcement they will most likely reveal Download before so we’ve all gotta wait till the Download Annoucement then hench our bets a few weeks later we’ll get reading 🤷‍♂️ 

My prediction would be: 

MS: Biffy Clyro / Foals , Wolf Alice, Skepta 

R1: Bicep (Live), Dababy, Milky Chance.

MS: Travis Scott, Royal Blood, Run The Jewels 

R1: Fontaines D.C (would love to see it), Glass Animals, Declan McKenna, 

MS: Arctic Monkeys,  Gorillaz, Brockhampton 

R1: Octavian, DMA’S , Playboi Carti

Thoughts on The Scotts? 

• Upvote 1