2021 Lineup

9 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

In terms of current popularity I’d absolutely imagine Tame Impala are bigger than Biffy in the UK

How are you qualifying this?

They may be old news now and the music press doesn’t care about them any more but Biffy still have a substantial following. If a new Biffy album comes out, more people buy it. If they play a tour, more people buy tickets. They’ve already done more festival headline sets here than Tame Impala ever will.

Why can’t people enjoy Tame Impala as just not that huge a band? It’s great that they’ve gotten to a point where they can headline an arena and outdoor shows here but not everyone has to headline Reading and Leeds.

• Upvote 1

I'm not bothered if tame play or not - probably wasted on the R&L crowd but i think they probably are bigger for the main crowd. biffy haven't really released anything noteworthy for a while and tame is known by fans of most genres and have semi got through to pop fans i'd say.

They certainly have a very wide reach which I think is really important for playing the festival, far wider than tame

Travis Scott / Gerry Cinnamon / Wolf Alice / AJ Tracey / Slowthai / King Princess / Sports Team / Inhaler

R1: Pendulum

Liam Gallagher / Dua Lipa / Sam Fender / DMA'S / Neck Deep / Mabel / Creeper / The Snuts

R1: Run The Jewels

Biffy Clyro + Bring Me The Horizon / Courteeners / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / While She Sleeps / Lady Leshurr

R1: Aitch 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Aech said:

You're not very good at Maths

😂😂 I thought Biffy was at 1 Mil and TI was at 12.8 my bad

12 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

In terms of current popularity I’d absolutely imagine Tame Impala are bigger than Biffy in the UK

With the R&L crowd most definitely, I’m a big fan of both and honestly it’s silly to say that Biffy are the bigger artist

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

Travis Scott / Gerry Cinnamon / Wolf Alice / AJ Tracey / Slowthai / King Princess / Sports Team / Inhaler

R1: Pendulum

Liam Gallagher / Dua Lipa / Sam Fender / DMA'S / Neck Deep / Mabel / Creeper / The Snuts

R1: Run The Jewels

Biffy Clyro + Bring Me The Horizon / Courteeners / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / While She Sleeps / Lady Leshurr

R1: Aitch 

i cant see Dua Lipa subbing, let alone the weakest of the three headliners

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

R&L’s audience don’t give a fuck about Tame Impala which is why the bookers haven’t booked them in seven years. 

R&Ls audience now is different to what it has been the last 7 years. And Biffy have only been booked once in that time anyways.

17 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

R&Ls audience now is different to what it has been the last 7 years. And Biffy have only been booked once in that time anyways.

You make this sound like a sleight on their name but they've headlined Reading more than any other band in the last 7 years.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If anything it’s moving further and further away from the kind of audience who would be interested in Tame Impala playing/headlining, hence why they’ve not been booked again.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It's different to what it was last year? How do you know this? 😂

what i mean is since 7 years ago, the demographic has changed considerably, its gone from Eminem being arguably the only rap/pop headliner to headline to thoughts of two rappers/mainstream acts per weekend, Tame Impala is a mainstream act and so could fully well headline Reading & Leeds

1 hour ago, mttJ said:

You make this sound like a sleight on their name but they've headlined Reading more than any other band in the last 7 years.

Apart from Fall Out Boy but we move, and I was most definitely not slating them, just stating a point, Biffy have only played once!

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Just go and see Tame Impala at their own show or wherever they play. I never get it when people are so desperate for ‘x’ band to play Reading & Leeds. Go and see them elsewhere. R&L isn’t the only place you can see bands. 

I never get it when people think they're festival organizers and say 'x' band can't play, because "they're not a Reading band, its not their audience" etc. If you book the festival then you can tell me that but until then I will stick by the fact that Tame Impala could quite easily smash a headline slot.

And ik its not, but i also need to generate the money to see said artists and most gigs are on Saturdays, when i am working. The festival is the only time i really get to see music live and so naturally i really want to see my favourite artists

And many people seem to complain about the lineup year on year on here, and so me desperately wanting an easily viable Reading act to play surely can't be a problem

Ik that you'll probably find a way to spin it in your favour but look at Glasto last year. Tame Impala headlined the Other Stage against Stormzy and both drew huge crowds. And still Tame Impala are small in the UK? Is Glastonbury not quite close to the Reading demographic of school leavers.

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Just go and see Tame Impala at their own show or wherever they play. I never get it when people are so desperate for ‘x’ band to play Reading & Leeds. Go and see them elsewhere. R&L isn’t the only place you can see bands. 

mate, there’s nowt like seeing your favourite band at r&l, especially if they’re headlining 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

mate, there’s nowt like seeing your favourite band at r&l, especially if they’re headlining 

When the festival stops booking your favourite bands and you go see your favourite bands headline other festivals, you won't be thinking "this is great but I wish this was happening at Reading/Leeds".

4 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Exactly, especially as its the place where i first experienced live music, in my hometwon and all that, it just adds something extra to it all

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 minute ago, Ives562 said:

Is the signing tent still at Reading at which artists are likely to be in there if it is also does it get busy 

It was last year, but it could really be any artists apart from headliners usually, and again depends on artist for how busy it is. only been once for Blossoms in 2017 and i got in very easily

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I never get it when people think they're festival organizers and say 'x' band can't play, because "they're not a Reading band, its not their audience" etc. If you book the festival then you can tell me that but until then I will stick by the fact that Tame Impala could quite easily smash a headline slot. 

When the actual festival bookers start booking Tame Impala to headline, I’ll agree with you. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Nice, I think it's quite a good idea getting a chance to meet your favorite artists hopefully won't be to busy next year hopeing all time low and Tom grennan might both be there 

if the lineup still has those two acts aha

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When the festival stops booking your favourite bands and you go see your favourite bands headline other festivals, you won't be thinking "this is great but I wish this was happening at Reading/Leeds".

i’m not sure man, when i saw BMTH at APE i was wishing it was Leeds