2021 Lineup

I honestly think it might be Biffy/Courteeners if that's the case. Biffy are great, wouldn't mind that at all, but still, there'll always be a feeling of "Could have been watching Rage instead".

Less said about Courteeners the better, although the current audience would lap them up.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, Dim Sum said:

Give it to me right now! Tbh I really don't care if we get shit headliners this would be fucking insane and the festival would sell out!

It would 'sell out', no doubt about that!

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m guessing Rage being out is the main reason they decided to not say the lineup is moving over to 2021 - big loss for the festival that, although unfortunately probably not a great loss to most of the usual attendees these days.

To be honest if they weren't selling anyway which was an indication from someone the other day then they aren't a big loss.

Rage not coming back and @eFestivals being into incest apparently? Can this weekend get any worse?

(obviously not true but this guy is an arsehole 24/7 on r/readingfestival and thought it was funny af considering there aren't even any mods)

image.png.9bc34a474dc6bf84bd5a506873ea0cbb.png

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Travis Scott

Stormzy

Biffy Clyro/Foals

With Catfish and the Bottlemen, Tame Impala and Lewis Capaldi as the subs. 

Dear god it’s bleak.

Think Catfish see themselves as a headline band and wouldn't accept subbing. Also Tame would headline if they played not sub and wouldn't fit the audience of the festival. Rest of it maybe tho if Travis wasnt touring this year, would he next year? 

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala wouldn't get booked and they wouldn't headline anyway, I will argue this until I'm proven wrong.

i'm not sure that's entirely true, Rage is a much more obscure booking than Tame Impala in 2020, yes Rage would most likely sell more tickets due to being a rare booking but Tame would definitely go down better with the general audience .. don't think there is anything stopping Tame from being booked in the future like you've suggested, a huge act with a devoted fan base and now that R&L has branched out into multiple genres they can book prominent acts from any genre

Edited by OnlyRevolutions
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala wouldn't get booked and they wouldn't headline anyway, I will argue this until I'm proven wrong.

Tame Impala are a headline level band, and the show that Kevin and the gang would put on would be immense

Fratellis are a headline band, I will argue this until proven wrong

14 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Travis Scott

Stormzy

Biffy Clyro/Foals

With Catfish and the Bottlemen, Tame Impala and Lewis Capaldi as the subs. 

Dear god it’s bleak.

Two rap headliners which I suppose I could see, but I think it’s more likely they stick with their current pro-forma for headliners.

Also Tame Impala are way too big to sub at this point in my opinion, and Catfish I don’t think would sub, although I’d say you’ve placed them right.

Edited by Jack.194

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Where are people getting this idea from that Tame Impala are some giant headline or nothing behemoth? 

Because Kevin demands the dark, and if Dua Lipa who was to headline the Other Stage at Glasto is headline or nothing according to some people then so are Tame Impala

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Because Kevin demands the dark

What? :lol: Any number of artist can demand the dark, it doesn’t mean they will get it and it definitely doesn’t make them headliners. 

There’s a reason Tame Impala are able to headline the 40k APE and not R&L (Yes, I realise I’ve totally shot myself in the foot here Re: Bring Me The Horizon). 

Tame are undoubtedly a big band (they play the O2, don’t they?) but they’re not this juggernaut some people on here make them out to be. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

What? :lol: Any number of artist can demand the dark, it doesn’t mean they will get it and it definitely doesn’t make them headliners. 

There’s a reason Tame Impala are able to headline the 40k APE and not R&L (Yes, I realise I’ve totally shot myself in the foot here Re: Bring Me The Horizon). 

Tame are undoubtedly a big band (they play the O2, don’t they?) but they’re not this juggernaut some people on here make them out to be. 

Neither Tame Impala or BMTH are major festival headliners.

• Downvote 1

Friday

BIFFY CLYRO/BMTH, Run The Jewels, Enter Shikari, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry, Creeper, Yonaka, Holding Abscene R1: AJ Tracey, Mabel DS: Pete Tong, Patrick Topping Pit: Death Grips, Knocked Loose FR: Drenge, Fatherson R1X: Jay1, Tiffany Calver

Saturday

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Jamie T,  DMA'S, Circa Waves, M Huncho, Sports Team, Vistas, The Mysterines R1: Brockhampton, Slaves DS: Annie Mac, Mistajam Lock Up: Frank Turner & Sleeping Souls, Against Me FR: Vistas (Two Sets) Black Honey R1X: Kano, Kasien 

Sunday 

STORMZY, Disclosure, The Streets, Idles, Slowthai, The Snuts, Lady Leshurr, Sea Girls, Alice Glass R1: Parkway Drive, Don Broco DS: Carl Cox, Annie Mac Pit: Carpenter Brut, Venom Prison FR: Phoebe Bridgers, The Regrettes R1X: Ms Banks, Hawa 

Secret Set: Skepta main stage kick off on the Sunday

Edited by Alex Winstone
  • Upvote 1