2021 Lineup

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

‘Fuck Trump’ will ring true long after he’s finished being president.

Yeah but, kinda takes the uumph out of it if he isn't President anymore.

They're gunna be agitated because he was President? Lacks impact.

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

You not giving any chance to the Democrats this November then nah? 

Well yeah ofc, I hope they win quite honestly 

27 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Yeah but, kinda takes the uumph out of it if he isn't President anymore.

They're gunna be agitated because he was President? Lacks impact.

But I think that there’s also other awful thing’s happening right now that Trump could deal with better and Rage Against the Machine are a band which will channel anger from that

27 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Well yeah ofc, I hope they win quite honestly 

But I think that there’s also other awful thing’s happening right now that Trump could deal with better and Rage Against the Machine are a band which will channel anger from that

But the point being is that when they play these shows he will hopefully be out of office.

So all the anger and agitation and the feeling of us being in this moment and fighting against it is gone. It's no longer about Trump and the evils that he is doing as it's over.

These angry, politically charged 'F*ck Trump' comeback shows if Trump loses become just a reunion gig.

17 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

New RTJ4 is brilliant, so hope they and Rage play 2021

Really great album, they seem to age like fine wine.

Between that, Code Orange's Underneath and Freddie Gibbs' Alfredo for AOTY for me atm, and can't see that becoming a premature take - although, RTJ4 is great timing too.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, Dukey said:

I’m a huge BMtH fan but for me their chances to headline passed after TTS and even that was a stretch. I think they’d be a very strong sub or co-headliner with a bigger act like Travis Scott who could arguably headline outright.

They’d smash a headliner slot and would put on a show but more chance of a one off Slam Dunk style show like ADTR. 

Also, the only UK show they’ve done post AMO is at APE which is odd - seemed to have focussed on America and Asia. 

They're also supposedly releasing a new song in 5 days although anyone outside of the core fanbase would have no idea. They have given it no promo other than a few videos of them in the studio and have left it to Oli Sykes to announce the release date on his personal instagram (the band have still not even supported this date on their official account) 

Even as their main subreddit and discord owner, everything seems very up in the air at the moment and they're definitely starting to lose most of the momentum they built up from Ludens.

38 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sports Team new album is alright as well

Love the new Sports Team one, as a big fan of them for years I can't help but think debut album syndrome has kicked in a bit though. 90% of it was either released on previous EP's/ was used as a single for the album.

I'm also waiting on 8 vinyl copies of it but haven't received shipping info for any of them yet 😬

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Love the new Sports Team one, as a big fan of them for years I can't help but think debut album syndrome has kicked in a bit though. 90% of it was either released on previous EP's/ was used as a single for the album.

I'm also waiting on 8 vinyl copies of it but haven't received shipping info for any of them yet 😬

Yh that is a problem but the singles are good so I guess it’s a good way to buy a collection of them

but my NOACF CD was the same, i got the shipping info a week after it came out even tho I pre ordered in March, but it did arrive pretty quickly after that. Still waiting on a t shirt tho 

9 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Kanye would be a massive clutch by the festival but I can’t see it unless we get like 2 awful headliners

They won’t book him atm he’s only doing his sunday service for the foreseeable future.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:39 AM, Pottsy2913 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52893654

Interesting little article from our very own Melvin Benn on how things might go for 2021. Completely missed it to be honest, so people might have seen it.

What happens to your ticket if you fail a test or a temperature check on the day of the festival? Do you get a refund? 

If not, I can’t imagine many splashing out £200 on a festival ticket to then cross their fingers and hope that they can get in.

19 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

What happens to your ticket if you fail a test or a temperature check on the day of the festival? Do you get a refund? 

If not, I can’t imagine many splashing out £200 on a festival ticket to then cross their fingers and hope that they can get in.

I doubt there'd be a refund, but I doubt it would put too many off. The chances of that happening would be statistically far lower than some other illness or injury stopping a person from attending.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No Rage according to the Werchter thread, there not doing festivals and doing a tour in November 2021. Fucking gutted. 

That's gutting if true, genuinely gutting. Will probably be a London show only if they come to the UK, which will be a lot of travel for someone living up North!

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No Rage according to the Werchter thread, there not doing festivals and doing a tour in November 2021. Fucking gutted. 

Agh, that is an absolute nightmare.

Rage getting announced was simply the biggest thing Reading could have pulled off for me personally.

I dread to think who they’ll get to replace them.