2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Rate that Dinosaur headline bands are jacking it in?????

Sabbath,Kiss and............?????

Aerosmith, Ozzy, AC/DC won’t have long left. Metallica have already vastly reduced the number of shows they play in a year and I would bet money on them not continuing into their sixties. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Aerosmith, Ozzy, AC/DC won’t have long left. Metallica have already vastly reduced the number of shows they play in a year and I would bet money on them not continuing into their sixties.  

Good point, though I think we’ll see Metallica for a while yet.

Also, Ozzy and AC/DC (who haven’t said they are retiring yet) have only headlined once each since Download returned about 15 years ago so their retirement isn’t leaving a massive hole in the headliner pool.

6 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Good point, though I think we’ll see Metallica for a while yet.

Also, Ozzy and AC/DC (who haven’t said they are retiring yet) have only headlined once each since Download returned about 15 years ago so their retirement isn’t leaving a massive hole in the headliner pool.

I’m genuinely of the belief that we probably won’t ever see Metallica at Download again. It’s been almost 10 years since they last headlined and they seem very happy to do their own arena and stadium shows. I think we’re more likely to see the at R&L again before DL. 

FR starts to talk to potential Reading headliners years in advance and would be a career-making gig. There is no way that All Points East would have convinced them out of a Reading headline slot because of an opportunity to play with the Architects. It’s because no one else wanted them to headline.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

FR starts to talk to potential Reading headliners years in advance and would be a career-making gig. There is no way that All Points East would have convinced them out of a Reading headline slot because of an opportunity to play with the Architects. It’s because no one else wanted them to headline.

I didn't say reading wanted them to headline. matt42 was saying there was a standoff between reading and bring me the horizon that means they aren't booked anymore but i think they would have preferred to headline all points east as an exclusive than sub headline reading again.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone think we’ll have an announcement soon, just to say whether the headliners will change or not

They already said its a completely new lineup, which suggests they will change.

Also re Travis and BMTH co, theres basically no point as Travis will sell out his day easily he is in such high demand right now

Rage wont be active. They were pretty much active to coincide with Trumps re-election. Plus the Sunday tickets did not sell as they thought. I guess GCSE leavers dont vibe with them in the majority.

I can see FR getting RHCP back in for the Sunday and another act to co with LG. I reckon it would be Dua Lipa if shes active. Or maybe spending the money saved from Rage on Travis Scott and DL subbing Stormzy.

Edited by Chad888

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Rage wont be active. They were pretty much active to coincide with Trumps re-election. Plus the Sunday tickets did not sell as they thought. I guess GCSE leavers dont vibe with them in the majority.

I can see FR getting RHCP back in for the Sunday and another act to co with LG. I reckon it would be Dua Lipa if shes active. Or maybe spending the money saved from Rage on Travis Scott and DL subbing Stormzy.

but they are active, theyre touring in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

but they are active, theyre touring in Europe. 

The tour will be scaled down though. Majority of their set was "fuck trump". I believe there appearances will be primarily their tour, leaving out festivals.

Plus, as much as FR want their festival to represent RATM style rhetoric, and "fuck the system" rock bands. The crowd just isnt that. They're the 15 16 year old spotify Supreme hoody and iPhone generation that want to see Travis Scott, Post Malone etc.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone think we’ll have an announcement soon, just to say whether the headliners will change or not

I just think it’s too early. Not exactly a novel point but predicting what August 2021 is going to look like is pretty difficult. This could be a problem of the past or still a really pressing issue.

49 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Did you miss RATM announcing a world tour that ends the weekend before Reading?

36 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

The tour will be scaled down though. Majority of their set was "fuck trump". I believe there appearances will be primarily their tour, leaving out festivals.

Plus, as much as FR want their festival to represent RATM style rhetoric, and "fuck the system" rock bands. The crowd just isnt that. They're the 15 16 year old spotify Supreme hoody and iPhone generation that want to see Travis Scott, Post Malone etc.

Eh? This makes no sense. They would not drop RATM from the lineup for these reasons!?

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

You don’t know anything about touring being scaled down or otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You don’t know anything about touring being scaled down or otherwise. 

It's great to pretend to be in the know though. I'm guessing one of these 15 to 16 year old spotty oiks who thinks rage is what they feel when mcdonalds runs out of nuggets 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i don't think my legs would be able to cope with standing at the main stage that long, would literally be there for every act

Yeah I know it was just a thought that popped into my head. That would be an ideal day for me with a mix of everything

21 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I can see FR getting RHCP back in for the Sunday...

Eh? Are RHCP popular with 16 year olds again? 

20 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I’m quite confident that said Fuck Trump will be fully viable next year.