2021 Lineup

Don Broco today announced a show at Bedford Esquires on 23/11. Gives me a newfounded optimism smaller gigs will be back before the end of the year :)praying Live At Leeds Fest can go ahead on 28th November!

Broco 4th down main would be fantastic on a day with the likes of RATM, BMTH or something. If they do Slam Dunk 2021 it won't be an exclusive hopefully! 

Edited by R Shah

So....am I the only one who thinks the new 1975 album is a bloated mess?

A handful of good (not even strong) songs and the rest is trying too hard to be a movie score.

I don't mind soundscapes and setting moods in between songs but then I remember that this was meant to be a double album with the last one I just feel like this is the left overs from that writing period.

Similar to when Metallica split their double album for 'Load' and 'Reload' but 'A Brief Inquiry...' is actually an incredible album and 'Load' was just good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jericode said:

Neither Strokes or Blur would be co-headlining.

Strokes co-headlined last time they played and haven't really got bigger since?

20 hours ago, BigBoyBridge said:

Something like:

Tame Impala / Bring Me The Horizon

Travis Scott

Arctic Monkeys

would go down as a great set of headliners in my opinion something for everyone.

With Travis and AM, they could get away with a solo headliner (probably tame i'd say) 

---

Not looked at their dates but RHCP? Would sell a ton of tickets if it was their only UK show now that frusciante's back and with a new album too it would be a huge booking. Maybe this - not sure if its too expensive to have RHCP and Travis Scott. Also kasabian could be swapped for liam i guess or someone else (maybe travis for stormzy too)

RHCP

Travis Scott

Kasabian

Edited by gfa

7 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So....am I the only one who thinks the new 1975 album is a bloated mess?

A handful of good (not even strong) songs and the rest is trying too hard to be a movie score.

I don't mind soundscapes and setting moods in between songs but then I remember that this was meant to be a double album with the last one I just feel like this is the left overs from that writing period.

Similar to when Metallica split their double album for 'Load' and 'Reload' but 'A Brief Inquiry...' is actually an incredible album and 'Load' was just good.

Said this elsewhere in the forum but I think it should’ve been split in to two albums with a clear divide - one of the more traditional rock/pop that people associate them with, and then another for the more electronic stuff. The two sounds just don’t meld together at all on the single run through and it plays more like a random playlist than an album.

I can't deny I think The Strokes will take a co-headline slot if you look at the Primavera sound poster they have huge acts like Gorillaz, Tyler the creator, The National, Beck, Tame Impala and The Strokes all potential headliners of any festivals tbh The National and BECK will never be back at Reading but anyhow this proves The Strokes might consider the possibility of Co-headlining. Plus this puts the Gorillaz in the frame too. Plus even though we slag off Arcade Fire they have got some brilliant records and they'll be cheap plus they'll have a big enough pulling capacity too co-headline. I know it's early June but good to see there around. Food for thought? 

19 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I can't deny I think The Strokes will take a co-headline slot if you look at the Primavera sound poster they have huge acts like Gorillaz, Tyler the creator, The National, Beck, Tame Impala and The Strokes all potential headliners of any festivals tbh The National and BECK will never be back at Reading but anyhow this proves The Strokes might consider the possibility of Co-headlining. Plus this puts the Gorillaz in the frame too. Plus even though we slag off Arcade Fire they have got some brilliant records and they'll be cheap plus they'll have a big enough pulling capacity too co-headline. I know it's early June but good to see there around. Food for thought? 

We dont slag off Arcade Fire thank you very much. We say theres no chance with the current crowd they would be a good booking. Leave civilised acts like them to All Points East or British Summer Time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I love Arcade Fire but I can guarantee literally no one at Reading would care about them anymore, you say they have pulling power for a co-headline but I think honestly the Wombats would pull a larger crowd than them, just no 16-18 year olds really know who they are.

Arcade Fire would absolutely smash a show at APE, BST etc.

Strokes could co-headline but I could see them just doing their own shows instead, I do think LG still has a fairly larger crowd pull than them in the UK.

18 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I love Arcade Fire but I can guarantee literally no one at Reading would care about them anymore, you say they have pulling power for a co-headline but I think honestly the Wombats would pull a larger crowd than them, just no 16-18 year olds really know who they are.

yh i can vouch for this, personally would absolutely love them, one of those bands i really wanna see live, but literally none of my friends know them, even those who listen to Indie/Rock over grime, it would be a wasted booking when you could get a day catered to them played to their fans at BST or APE.

20 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Strokes could co-headline but I could see them just doing their own shows instead, I do think LG still has a fairly larger crowd pull than them in the UK.

LG and the Strokes however, even more of a crowd pull, especially against someone like AJ Tracey on R1

5 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Surely Panic are still a shout as well, they would get a decent crowd i think

I reckon Panic would be a bit of a lazy booking, they only played 3 years ago.

I feel like 3 years between headliners is a minimum (thats ignoring the weird FOB 2016 + 2018 situation) and I feel like having Panic back after just 3 years is a bit much - that being said I was disappointed when they were announced as co-headliner in 2018, but ended up really enjoying their set!

9 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Surely Panic are still a shout as well, they would get a decent crowd i think

They'd be an absolutely huge booking but will probably do it on their next album (which could defo be out by 2021) and surprisingly they weren't in the survey.

I know the survey's results are probably meaningless but I don't remember a time where eventual headliners haven't been listed in the survey for FR events.

4 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Think they've finished their tour cycle now (their last gig was October last year), I wouldn't imagine they'll tour for a couple years at least - would be good though.

I don't think the cure would play Reading anymore honestly

11 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I quite like this but I think they’d have a newer British artist maybe Bring Me over Kasabian

There wouldn't be a dark fruits act though, can't see that at all. BMTH could sub kasabian

I'm not sure about Rage but i am almost certain our other two headliners will be back because of these reasons:

Liam - back headlining TRNSMT and will also most likely reschedule his Heaton Park gig, can't see him reorganising everything else and not this.

Stormzy - was set to tour the UK this winter but will no doubt be postponed to a later date, being a british act and living within the country i can't see them replacing him with anyone else either if he's going to be available

11 hours ago, gfa said:

There wouldn't be a dark fruits act though, can't see that at all. BMTH could sub kasabian

Wasn’t really a Dark Fruits last year, and there’s no way Bring Me sub Kasabian

11 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm not sure about Rage but i am almost certain our other two headliners will be back because of these reasons:

Liam - back headlining TRNSMT and will also most likely reschedule his Heaton Park gig, can't see him reorganising everything else and not this.

Stormzy - was set to tour the UK this winter but will no doubt be postponed to a later date, being a british act and living within the country i can't see them replacing him with anyone else either if he's going to be available

I agree I think. Although I feel like Rage would be a necessity for the bookers as LG and Stormzy could arguably play any year 

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wasn’t really a Dark Fruits last year, and there’s no way Bring Me sub Kasabian

I agree I think. Although I feel like Rage would be a necessity for the bookers as LG and Stormzy could arguably play any year 

Kasabian outsell BMTH by miles, they did glasto a few years back too and headlined reading before. BMTH's only headline festival slot completely flopped. Its hardly out of the realms of possibility given foals subbed trnsmt (which is way more shocking).

Fair enough about no dark fruits last year though. Would just need a strong dark fruits undercard instead i guess

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

Kasabian outsell BMTH by miles, they did glasto a few years back too and headlined reading before. BMTH's only headline festival slot completely flopped. Its hardly out of the realms of possibility given foals subbed trnsmt (which is way more shocking).

Fair enough about no dark fruits last year though. Would just need a strong dark fruits undercard instead i guess

Yh I just think, even though Kasabian may be the  bigger band, Bring Me would never accept a sub slot, especially with them working on new music. One or the other imo, but I see why Kasabian is a shout. Rather have BMTH tho. 

17 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I don't think stormzy will be there at all, he wasn't shortlisted on the talent survey like Rage and Liam, I feel like he'll be solely focused on doing his whole world tour next year because i don't think he's toured his new album at all. Rage is most likely to stay at the moment unless there's a travel ban because their rescheduled tour in US finishes in time for it and melvin benn labels them as the ultimate RandL headliner, i really don't think he'd pass on the opportunity to get them to headline

22 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh I just think, even though Kasabian may be the  bigger band, Bring Me would never accept a sub slot, especially with them working on new music. One or the other imo, but I see why Kasabian is a shout. Rather have BMTH tho. 

I doubt any other big festival will want them though so they will just have to accept it or not get paid? Their slot at glasto last year was tiny vs the other APE headliners who played (chems headlined other and so did ctatq while BMTH were 5th down other). Its hardly outside the realms of possibility.

I think efests really overestimates their size honestly, they just aren't headliners in my opinion. Like not even up for debate honestly.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I doubt any other big festival will want them though so they will just have to accept it or not get paid? Their slot at glasto last year was tiny vs the other APE headliners who played (chems headlined other and so did ctatq while BMTH were 5th down other). Its hardly outside the realms of possibility.

I think efests really overestimates their size honestly, they just aren't headliners in my opinion. Like not even up for debate honestly.

I think it is, Chemical Brothers have been around since the 90s so are obviously a choice for other stage headliner. BMTH have worked their way up the Reading bill and are big enough to headline, they subbed in 2015 and from videos it looked pretty packed