2021 Lineup

13 minutes ago, Jericode said:

A lot of wishful thinking.

If we're just doing it on new album hype then give it to Bring Me The Horizon.

When dyou think they’ll release the next one

Would Bloc Party really get booked on the main stage? I love them but i don't think they really are that big for reading goers in general vs like landfill indie bands etc. they got two door and capaldi in that slot this year, surely should just rollover one of them as they are both better bookings for the audience and strong gets for a 3rd down

edit: also why the fuck is giggs on the 1xtra stage lol

Edited by gfa

Bloc Party haven’t been booked since 2009 and I can’t see them returning. It’s an odd one because they are still big enough to play third down, I think, and with the bookings of The Wombats and The Kooks is those kind of slots in recent years, it’d make sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Bloc Party haven’t been booked since 2009 and I can’t see them returning. It’s an odd one because they are still big enough to play third down, I think, and with the bookings of The Wombats and The Kooks is those kind of slots in recent years, it’d make sense. 

But they’d more likely get mentioned bands back or the Vaccines

The Pit/The Lock Up Stage Prediction because I'm bored to tears 

Friday 

DEATH GRIPS, Carpenter Brut, Ho9909, Crossfaith, METZ, Counterfeit, Black Futures, Capstan, JOHN, Phoxjaw

Saturday

RISE AGAINST,  Every Time I Die, PUP Violent Soho, Holding Abscene, Dune Rats, Heavy Lungs, Penghsui 

Sunday

MARMOZETS, City Mourge, Knocked Loose, Turnstile, Higher Power, Sullii, Youth Fountain, The St Pierre Snake Invasion, Lapyear, Idles (Secret Set to kick off the Sunday and playing later on main stage) 

1 minute ago, Alex Winstone said:

The Pit/The Lock Up Stage Prediction because I'm bored to tears 

Friday 

DEATH GRIPS, Carpenter Brut, Ho9909, Crossfaith, METZ, Counterfeit, Black Futures, Capstan, JOHN, Phoxjaw

Saturday

RISE AGAINST,  Every Time I Die, PUP Violent Soho, Holding Abscene, Dune Rats, Heavy Lungs, Penghsui 

Sunday

MARMOZETS, City Mourge, Knocked Loose, Turnstile, Higher Power, Sullii, Youth Fountain, The St Pierre Snake Invasion, Lapyear, Idles (Secret Set to kick off the Sunday and playing later on main stage) 

Would be a good lineup, can see Idles being too big for the Pit though, the place would be chaos. As brilliant as it would be! 

7 hours ago, R Shah said:

Swap Bloc Party w TDCC would make a bit more sense personally. That slot feels way too low for DMA'S as well - otherwise, cracking lineup.

Yeah I can see DMA’s being 3rd/4th from top main - headlining Ally Pally in November and sold out Castlefield Bowl in Manchester

Tent was rammed in 2018 and they’ve only gotten bigger 

2 hours ago, Dukey said:

Yeah I can see DMA’s being 3rd/4th from top main - headlining Ally Pally in November and sold out Castlefield Bowl in Manchester

Tent was rammed in 2018 and they’ve only gotten bigger 

Yeah DMA's are huge now I feel like they'd make it to third down/forth down main stage like they were at sub status on Truck this year. 

5 hours ago, stanh said:

this looks pretty good! id personally like a few more rap artists (like u.s rappers eg playboi carti, lil uzi vert...) on main/radio 1 stage... and then giggs on 1xtra stage would be a horror film waiting to happen - hes wireless headliner size. 

as you can tell I'm not a huge grime fan(only know the obvious Stormzy/Skepta etc) so have no idea on placings or size of these acts

On 5/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, Dim Sum said:

Yeah DMA's are huge now I feel like they'd make it to third down/forth down main stage like they were at sub status on Truck this year. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they headline Truck 2021, would say their 3rd album could make them bigger than Bombay Bicycle Club.

Could headline Thursday alternatively or just do that sub slot.

Since they've already confirmed they'll be in Europe in July 2021, I find Reading unlikely - especially if it's gonna be crammed with the likes of LG, Gerry, Teeners etc. there's enough acts to please that sorta crowd

8 hours ago, R Shah said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they headline Truck 2021, would say their 3rd album could make them bigger than Bombay Bicycle Club.

Could headline Thursday alternatively or just do that sub slot.

Since they've already confirmed they'll be in Europe in July 2021, I find Reading unlikely - especially if it's gonna be crammed with the likes of LG, Gerry, Teeners etc. there's enough acts to please that sorta crowd

For them I’m not sure it matters. This year they were due in the UK in May then July then November. Pretty sure last time they played R&L they travelled just for the festival. 

On 5/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, R Shah said:

Swap Bloc Party w TDCC would make a bit more sense personally. That slot feels way too low for DMA'S as well - otherwise, cracking lineup.

*ignore sorry misread

I thought you meant they should drop TDCC from the lineup and book Bloc Party. Apologies

Edited by Matt42