2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Would love to see Blur I think I say that about 7 times a year on this forum but would love to see it! 

Same could you imagine if we got

Blur

Dua Lipa/Dave

Rage

Edited by Gerard the Fab

9 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think he meant that your grammar was a bit off

I know what he meant but don't word your sentence like a dickhead when it's really not a big deal. It's quite obvious what I meant but some words input incorrectly on my phone. Honestly whi cares 

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Is Gerry Cinnamon right now bigger than Jake Bugg was in 2014?

If AM headline can see Gerry subbing in a similar kind of slot.

Jake Bugg had one album that went big, Gerry has had two over a 3 year spell with a decent couple singles at the start and has smashed TRNSMT two years in a row. Gerrys gonna stick around

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Is Gerry Cinnamon right now bigger than Jake Bugg was in 2014?

If AM headline can see Gerry subbing in a similar kind of slot.

Both very big and probably on the same level generating a lot of hype.The crowd for jake bugg in 04 subbing AM was massive. However its short lived hype and Gerry will probably disappear in the not too distant future just like Jake Bugg. Hes at top of his hype now but that will fade. Can't see him having longevity,just a trend in a period of time in my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Jake Bugg had one album that went big, Gerry has had two over a 3 year spell with a decent couple singles at the start and has smashed TRNSMT two years in a row. Gerrys gonna stick around

Mate all of jake Buggs 4 albums charted in the UK Top 10. Thats pretty big if you ask me. Im not a fan of him or anything but i think Gerry will just be similar to him hype and trendy for a while then he will vanish. Just my opinion lol 

12 hours ago, Rhcp1 said:

Mate all of jake Buggs 4 albums charted in the UK Top 10. Thats pretty big if you ask me. Im not a fan of him or anything but i think Gerry will just be similar to him hype and trendy for a while then he will vanish. Just my opinion lol 

I don’t, there’s something about Gerry, he’s a little different mostly because of like his drum machine and harmonica, but also because of the connection he has with Scotland in general

12 minutes ago, stanh said:

shame the 1975 have only just done the festival, the new album is great! 

Well the album was originally supposed to be out in time for last years festival but just kept getting delayed. I’ve always struggled with them but the hilariously mixed reaction to the new album ranging from ‘their masterpiece’ to ‘an absolute mess’ has made it an essential listen for me today so looking forward to that.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

shame the 1975 have only just done the festival, the new album is great! 

I think it’s epic, first half is a bit slow after People but still absolutely amazing. Not what I expected tbh, less Indie vibes more something else vibes with some of the slow ones

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think it’s epic, first half is a bit slow after People but still absolutely amazing. Not what I expected tbh, less Indie vibes more something else vibes with some of the slow ones

The 1975 are doing Finsbury Park in July so I feel even if they hadent headlined recently they would not of been headlining this year 

30 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

The 1975 are doing Finsbury Park in July so I feel even if they hadent headlined recently they would not of been headlining this year 

Doubt they’ll be back before album 5

Just now, R Shah said:

Do we think Blur would get a similar reaction to RATM if announced? 

100%. They played the Brits a few years ago and social media was full of 'who are Blur?'. Can't imagine the years since then has done anything to boost their existence in the eyes of the typical Reading/Leeds crowd.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Do we think Blur would get a similar reaction to RATM if announced? 

I think slightly less tho, many people will know Parklife and Song 2. I think they’re prolly more popular 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

100%. They played the Brits a few years ago and social media was full of 'who are Blur?'. Can't imagine the years since then has done anything to boost their existence in the eyes of the typical Reading/Leeds crowd.

So fucking painful to read this. Without blur all these indie bands the kids love wouldn’t exist.

oh well

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well the album was originally supposed to be out in time for last years festival but just kept getting delayed. I’ve always struggled with them but the hilariously mixed reaction to the new album ranging from ‘their masterpiece’ to ‘an absolute mess’ has made it an essential listen for me today so looking forward to that.

One thing that’s obvious is that they’ve matured as a band now. Imo they are a proper U.K. band now and should be held in the same view as the Kasabian, Muse, etc of the festival scene. I don’t know what more they have to do to headline places like Glastonbury tbh.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

One thing that’s obvious is that they’ve matured as a band now. Imo they are a proper U.K. band now and should be held in the same view as the Kasabian, Muse, etc of the festival scene. I don’t know what more they have to do to headline places like Glastonbury tbh.

They’ll headline Glastonbury in the next few years, no question. It was probably supposed to be next year but that may well get pushed back a year now due to all this going on.

And yeah, as much as it pains a lot of people they’ve certainly earned their place amongst other festival headliner mainstays. Don’t ever see them dropping back down at this point.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Get The 1975 back in 2021. Who cares if it will have only been 2 years. 

the new album is fantastic imo, can understand some of the criticism it is getting although the main point i'm seeing is that there is too much filler, The End and Streaming are the only two tracks i would label as filler and every other song on the album is uniquely brilliant in its own way.. would even go as far to say this is the best album i've heard in a VERY long time. Disappointed i won't be seeing them in August like planned because i'm so excited to see these songs live especially Shiny Collarbone and What Should I Say (if they perform them live) so i would be fully on board to have them back again at R&L