2021 Lineup

3 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Which is a shame because I thought Trick was a great album

That run of Maccabees > Jamie T > Kendrick Lamar > Libertines was a great night at R&L.

Jamie T had a really big few years when he came back, and he was a big festival act. I don’t get why people have lost interest. I wonder if the gradual decrease of indie’s popularity had anything to do with it.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Jamie T had a really big few years when he came back, and he was a big festival act. I don’t get why people have lost interest. I wonder if the gradual decrease of indie’s popularity had anything to do with it.

Feel like people have lost interest because he hasn't released new music or toured? If he releases a new album I'm sure he'd be about back to where he was? 

Jamie T came back in what 2014 to release his album after not being about for like 5 years and played two sold out shows at ally pally alongside a tour, played pretty much all the big festivals in 2015 and then did Trick in 2016 with a tour that included 2 sold out shows at Brixton. I think if he releases music he’d be 3rd down maybe even a sub, not sure he’s fell off at all, he’s just not released anything in a while like what he did prior to 2014 and that worked pretty well for him so probably thinking of replicating that I’d imagine. 

42 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Feel like people have lost interest because he hasn't released new music or toured? If he releases a new album I'm sure he'd be about back to where he was? 

Maybe, but i think even when Trick came out there wasn’t the same hype behind him as when carry on the grudge did

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Could Pulp sub, ik MCR absolutely love them, so maybe Pulp into them is within the realms of possibility 

Unlikely, made even more unlikely in that I doubt pulp will reform anytime soon, Jarvis seems to enjoy doing his Jarv Is project and they are working on a debut album 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread - is there any indication that we aren't going to get Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Rage Against The Machine?

Nothing yet as far as i can tell

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Jamie T came back in what 2014 to release his album after not being about for like 5 years and played two sold out shows at ally pally alongside a tour, played pretty much all the big festivals in 2015 and then did Trick in 2016 with a tour that included 2 sold out shows at Brixton. I think if he releases music he’d be 3rd down maybe even a sub, not sure he’s fell off at all, he’s just not released anything in a while like what he did prior to 2014 and that worked pretty well for him so probably thinking of replicating that I’d imagine. 

I think its a bit of an unknown this, seems like on here people think hes fallen off and not a lot of people i know listen to Jamie T. Those who do though defend him quite heavily so i'm not sure

28 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread - is there any indication that we aren't going to get Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Rage Against The Machine?

They've explicitly said the 2021 lineup is different to the 2020 one. Whether that means the entire thing's getting scrapped and started again I'm not sure, but I'm guessing at least one will be a drop out, and maybe they've already got somebody else in mind/in a verbal agreement or whatever.

12 hours ago, syc1818 said:

Pulp...  A man can dream

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I doubt Pulp headline this in 2021.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Could Pulp sub, ik MCR absolutely love them, so maybe Pulp into them is within the realms of possibility 

I would love to see Pulp again but

a - they have to exist again. They aren’t together.

b - Reading has to get them over festivals which they would probably be received better at.

I’d love Pulp to return but surely they are more likely to be somewhere else than Reading? I think a lot of Reading attendees won’t have a clue who they are, or not want to see that “grandad” shit.

Plus Pulp need to do Glastonbury again.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I think its a bit of an unknown this, seems like on here people think hes fallen off and not a lot of people i know listen to Jamie T. Those who do though defend him quite heavily so i'm not sure

I like a couple of his songs, but ive never really like listened to just him its always in a Spotify playlist or something. Idon't think ik anyone who knows who he is

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They've explicitly said the 2021 lineup is different to the 2020 one. Whether that means the entire thing's getting scrapped and started again I'm not sure, but I'm guessing at least one will be a drop out, and maybe they've already got somebody else in mind/in a verbal agreement or whatever.

Someone made a good point that they could change one person anywhere on the lineup and it'll be different, but I agree i think one headliner will drop out (hopefully LG) and be replaced by someone else

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Someone made a good point that they could change one person anywhere on the lineup and it'll be different, but I agree i think one headliner will drop out (hopefully LG) and be replaced by someone else

I imagine there’ll be a lot of acts rolled over as it’s both good business for them to help out acts and also just easier to do than finding a whole new lineup, but there’ll probably be enough changes for them to say it’s a new lineup, and maybe they’re already aware of some big acts/headliners who can’t be there next year and so are just covering their arses. You’d imagine Rage will be there what with their rescheduled tour dates, but who knows about the rest.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I imagine there’ll be a lot of acts rolled over as it’s both good business for them to help out acts and also just easier to do than finding a whole new lineup, but there’ll probably be enough changes for them to say it’s a new lineup, and maybe they’re already aware of some big acts/headliners who can’t be there next year and so are just covering their arses. You’d imagine Rage will be there what with their rescheduled tour dates, but who knows about the rest.

Quite honestly, at this point i'd happily accept a completely new lineup, as if this year went ahead. The only artists I was excited for were Lewis Capaldi, Gerry Cinnamon, IDLES and Rage, 2 of which (GC, IDLES) i could quite easily see back again on a new lineup, with Lewis surely always an option as a ticket seller 'special guest' and Rage a band I would love to see, but am not desperate . Obviously, across the weekend there were many more i would've liked to have seen, but honestly a complete new lineup is fine with me. 

I must see Jamie T mentioned almost daily in the dark fruits twittersphere/ facebook groups. Think he would still have a fairly sizable following although Trick was certainly nowhere near as big as his earlier albums. 

Both myself and plenty of mates would love to see him back headlining the tent or at a similar position although this could be a skewed view.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If one of the headliners from 2020 isn’t available next year, I’m backing Biffy to fill in that headline slot. 

Yeah I think they are a safe bet. Was quite surprised they missed all U.K. festivals this year. Reckon they might have done a secret set at Reading?

8 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I must see Jamie T mentioned almost daily in the dark fruits twittersphere/ facebook groups. Think he would still have a fairly sizable following although Trick was certainly nowhere near as big as his earlier albums. 

Both myself and plenty of mates would love to see him back headlining the tent or at a similar position although this could be a skewed view.

He’s a great artist and I’ve seen him a few times. I reckon he’d make a good radio 1 headliner.

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If one of the headliners from 2020 isn’t available next year, I’m backing Biffy to fill in that headline slot. 

I was going to say this, lots of people saying they’re not big enough to headline tho, I think they still are just. Although obviously coheadlining is an option

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s a great artist and I’ve seen him a few times. I reckon he’d make a good radio 1 headliner.

I definitely think for atmosphere it’d be good, up against the rap headliner would be ideal

31 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Foals + Biffy Clyro

Idles

Jamie T

Everything Everything

Would honestly be boss that           

Some might be shocked but I’d be all in for that. A foals and biffy coheadlining would be a very good night in reality.

43 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Foals + Biffy Clyro

Idles

Jamie T

Everything Everything

Would honestly be boss that, it's what the people need.

Take that over Rage headlining any day if it was this years Rage day

Edited by Gerard the Fab