2021 Lineup

25 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I personally feel the main headliners are irrelevant as of next year. Stormzy personally I think had his peak winter 2020 and wouldn't shift that many tickets next year as he would've this year unless he releases some new material which I highly doubt he will. LG to be honest he wasn't big enough for a headline slot this year even after 'Why Me, Why Not' was released he would've shifted a fair few tickets plus he was playing at Latitude which personally I think will appeal more to his target audience, unless he co-headlines he won't be back next year. RATM I think they'll definitely be back rescheduled the same dates next year so there almost confirmed plus there a great headliner. My feeling is even though the festival has been cancelled many sponsors would've invested in the festival and food vendors would've reserved spots which all comes up to a significant amount of money, I know last year when Boardmasters got cancelled they did not refund any sponsors of food vendors not sure what festival republics policies are though with Reading & Leeds. If this is the case they'll probably book a few big names including headliners as there will be a lot of competition next year. I would go for personally. 

Foals // Gerry Cinnamon 

Tame Impala x Tyler The Creator // Wolf Alice 

RATM // Courteeners 

I don't think it will be foals

1 hour ago, Dim Sum said:

I personally feel the main headliners are irrelevant as of next year. Stormzy personally I think had his peak winter 2020 and wouldn't shift that many tickets next year as he would've this year unless he releases some new material which I highly doubt he will. LG to be honest he wasn't big enough for a headline slot this year even after 'Why Me, Why Not' was released he would've shifted a fair few tickets plus he was playing at Latitude which personally I think will appeal more to his target audience, unless he co-headlines he won't be back next year. RATM I think they'll definitely be back rescheduled the same dates next year so there almost confirmed plus there a great headliner. My feeling is even though the festival has been cancelled many sponsors would've invested in the festival and food vendors would've reserved spots which all comes up to a significant amount of money, I know last year when Boardmasters got cancelled they did not refund any sponsors of food vendors not sure what festival republics policies are though with Reading & Leeds. If this is the case they'll probably book a few big names including headliners as there will be a lot of competition next year. I would go for personally. 

Foals // Gerry Cinnamon 

Tame Impala x Tyler The Creator // Wolf Alice 

RATM // Courteeners 

Foals won’t headline, chuck Catfish with them or even dare I say Arctic Monkeys with Foals subbing Rage

What @Dim Sum said about LG I agree with tho, I can’t see him outright again next year.

Stormzy I can still see but if he doesn’t then Travis Scott, Skepta or Dave with another more mainstream artist, Dua Lipa ideally 

and then replace LG with a more indie inclined band, the Strokes maybe. Or co headline with someone else 

Incredibly tempted to say 

Dave/Dua Lipa

Florence and the Machine

RATM

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Just because you don't like a certain act doesn't mean they're not big enough for the slot they're booked in. LG is a boring, dull headline booking but he is definitely big enough when you look at his tours, selling out Heaton Park, etc. There is absolutely no reason that he won't be back next year unless he decides himself he doesn't want to. 

That Stormzy shout is ridiculous too if you're trying to claim that this time next year he won't be headline status. In a few years time maybe he'll fade a bit but you can't make the assumption that he'll drop off a cliff so quickly with no real evidence.

I think we'd all like to think someone we think is a wasted headliner will be replaced but realistically, that's quite unlikely. Throughout the rest of the lineup there could definitely be a lot of shifting around and new inclusions + removals but in terms of headliners I think it's quite unlikely. Wouldn't mind being wrong like, someone more interesting than LG would be quite nice. Just read this back and I don't mean it to come across rude or attacking or anything, just my opinions of course.

• Upvote 1

In what world would an act booked as an outright headliner would return as a coheadliner? They will either get LG back to headline outright, or he won't come back. 

Florence + The Machine won't headline R&L. I reckon most reading attendees know nothing about her. 

I think there is a good chance all three headliners will come back. If not, then maybe Dave, LG, RATM instead. They might rope Dua in as a sub, but they will try their best to get Lewis Capaldi, Gerry Cinnamon, and Courteeners back because they are hugely popular acts with R&L attendees and probably way more likely to sell tickets than Florence + The Machine.

They will probably ask for Migos back but I really don't see the point. Lewis Capaldi is big enough to sub, so I don't get why they'd waste any money finding another sub. 

I can't envision a way that they would rope Dua into the festival. Not for 2021. She already has her own dates and Glastonbury to reschedule. 

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

Why wouldn’t they get Liam Gallagher to headline next year? Mega popular artist with the R&L audience and he’s already signed up for this year. Of course he’ll be back to headline in 2021 if they as him to. 

I think that all three headliners will carry over, as well as most of the logo bands bar Migos, who I didn’t have much faith in turning up this August, let alone next. Selfishly, I’m just hoping that there is someone else below RATM than Courteeners. Put them on a different day. Put Dave below RATM. 

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They will probably ask for Migos back but I really don't see the point. Lewis Capaldi is big enough to sub, so I don't get why they'd waste any money finding another sub. 

They had TDCC below them from the off, and then Lewis Capaldi. If this ‘special guests’ tag allows them to bring in four or five sub-sized acts then they already see a point and are willing to waste the money.

The Migos thing I hope they don’t play, you can get Dave in there and a heavier band under Rage, maybe push IDLES MS or I pray Bring Me. Or you just bring someone like the Vaccines 3rd on Saturday and put Two Door subbing Stormzy

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Or a very strong sub, he only has one album 

Nah. He’s huge. The one album rule for headliners has been dead for years now. He’d get a bigger crowd and sell more tickets than most headliners mentioned here.

Plus looking at how things stand he won’t be back at the festival until after he’s had new material. He’s a headliner.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah. He’s huge. The one album rule for headliners has been dead for years now. He’d get a bigger crowd and sell more tickets than most headliners mentioned here.

Plus looking at how things stand he won’t be back at the festival until after he’s had new material. He’s a headliner.

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

They’re literally Tribes 

I completely forgot this band existed. I saw them 10 years ago I think and they’ve just faded to the back of my mind. I think it’s forgivable to have completely forgotten about them.

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Too early to make predictions??

Nope.

If we’re saying no headliner is being carried over, then how about:

Arctic Monkeys, Dua Lipa/Dave coheadline, The Weeknd

Catfish subbing Arctics, Two Door subbing the coheadline and Capaldi subbing the Weeknd. 

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Nope.

Catfish subbing Arctics, Two Door subbing the coheadline and Capaldi subbing the Weeknd. 

Think this is all a bit too similar to be true (although I personally would like it)

I can see Rage coming back, maybe swap out the co-headline for Rage.
Also I can’t see Catfish subbing, they seem to be only headlining smaller festivals lately, and not taking any slots below that anywhere else. 

Can’t see Courteeners passing up the chance to return either

Arctic Monkeys / TDCC / Sam Fender

Rage Against the Machine / Courteeners / Gerry Cinnamon

Travis Scott / AJ Tracey / Lizzo

9 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Nope.

Painful

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Think this is all a bit too similar to be true (although I personally would like it)

I can see Rage coming back, maybe swap out the co-headline for Rage.
Also I can’t see Catfish subbing, they seem to be only headlining smaller festivals lately, and not taking any slots below that anywhere else. 

Can’t see Courteeners passing up the chance to return either

Arctic Monkeys / TDCC / Sam Fender

Rage Against the Machine / Courteeners / Gerry Cinnamon

Travis Scott / AJ Tracey / Lizzo

the catfish buzz has died down a lot recently. looking at their london shows i think its clear, community -> ape -> citadel -> clapham common. obviously a lot of shows but i think people have moved on after the balance was a bit rubbish

would definitely still sub though

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1