2021 Lineup

15 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Wouldn't be overly surprised if they did two reading and Leeds next year with a weekend gap between them. Demand will be huge for festivals and the amount of bands touring will be huge so they could put on two different weekends. 

Never happening that. If they were gonna cash in on demand I imagine it would be a third site, but that’s not happening either.

Financial impact of this thing is gonna be a hard hit and that’d just be too much of a gamble on something that would be a logistical nightmare predicated on essentially a hunch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

Wouldn't be overly surprised if they did two reading and Leeds next year with a weekend gap between them. Demand will be huge for festivals and the amount of bands touring will be huge so they could put on two different weekends. 

Not a chance, other festivals e.g. bloodstock are also extending and people may not be able to afford festivals due to corona financial hit. Also Reading relies heavily on people going 3 years in a row and not really again, with a whole year missed out it could really damage gcse sales as they won't hear how good it was from the year above and people may want a festival asap so not bother to wait till the end of august. Definitely not the demand for three sites, let alone two weekends.

9 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Beabadoobee already too big for 3rd down FR too. She’s probably top end of R1 or headlining the FR at the very least. More monthly listeners than The 1975 lmao

EDIT- Fucking hell she’s on almost 30M monthly listeners, it was about 12M last time I checked. She’s WAY too big for that slot.

Most of those streams are US though, the song is doing well on the billboard chart and also around where powfu is from (somewhere south east asia). Not nearly as big in the UK it seems. Definitely could be bumped up though.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Not a chance, other festivals e.g. bloodstock are also extending and people may not be able to afford festivals due to corona financial hit. Also Reading relies heavily on people going 3 years in a row and not really again, with a whole year missed out it could really damage gcse sales as they won't hear how good it was from the year above and people may want a festival asap so not bother to wait till the end of august. Definitely not the demand for three sites, let alone two weekends.

It is the day after results tho which is why many people go, but and ik its a bit of a anomaly but this year would’ve been my 6th year

17 hours ago, DR OK said:

Nah. Financial crunch is about to hit. They will no doubt have lost money for this year already. We are about to enter the worst financial crash of all time. I anticipate the lineup next year will look very safe. Might have courteeners headline if some headliners don’t roll over.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nah. Financial crunch is about to hit. They will no doubt have lost money for this year already. We are about to enter the worst financial crash of all time. I anticipate the lineup next year will look very safe. Might have courteeners headline if some headliners don’t roll over.

The financial crash would hit the artists too, and they’ll still need to play festivals to earn a living. You won’t see festivals strapped for cash and having to promote this year’s subs cos they can’t afford this year’s headliners anymore.

Not that I don’t agree that the economy would make an expansion of R+L impossible.

Edited by dentalplan

Either the artists have lost money from touring this year so sell themselves much cheaper next year, or the festival play it super safe with well known cheap headliners that still bring in HL crowds.

Prepare for Fallout Boy - Muse - Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, Dua Lipa and Gerry Cinnemon to sub

56 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Either the artists have lost money from touring this year so sell themselves much cheaper next year, or the festival play it super safe with well known cheap headliners that still bring in HL crowds.

Prepare for Fallout Boy - Muse - Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, Dua Lipa and Gerry Cinnemon 

Face it’ll be Eminem over FOB or LG

Or completely the same

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Prepare for Fallout Boy - Muse - Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, Dua Lipa and Gerry Cinnemon to sub

What exactly makes these names cheap?

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

People arent mentioning Rage. They finish an American tour like a week prior to Leeds which shows they'll be doing the EU dates.

You’re forgetting that Rage aren’t Biffy or AM so a lot of people don’t care

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The change of reaction between them getting announced in 2008 and them being announced this year is hilarious. I remember being on the official Reading/Leeds forum back then and people going absolutely nuts when they were announced, despite knowing they were gonna be one of the headliners for a while. This year there was the initial hype from a select few on their announcement that came from nowhere, and then nothing. Really would've made more sense to have them headline Download if they were gonna do any UK festival - at least they would've been appreciated there en masse. 

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I CARE, WE CARE

WE ALL MF CARE @Matt42

55 minutes ago, Newjem said:

What exactly makes these names cheap?

I feel like FOB and Muse would be cheaper than Stormzy and Rage respectively, but there’s no point downgrading for the sake of a few quid, if you get rid of those two you have to upgrade LG surely

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The change of reaction between them getting announced in 2008 and them being announced this year is hilarious. I remember being on the official Reading/Leeds forum back then and people going absolutely nuts when they were announced, despite knowing they were gonna be one of the headliners for a while. This year there was the initial hype from a select few on their announcement that came from nowhere, and then nothing. Really would've made more sense to have them headline Download if they were gonna do any UK festival - at least they would've been appreciated there en masse. 

They cant do Download - or literally any other shows in Europe - due to their US tour running from 3rd June to 20th August 2021

Seems incredibly likely they'll just copy and paste this year's European dates to 2021, starting at Leeds on Fri 27th Aug.

Only alternative I can see happening is RATM do a "Festival Republic presents" show, at the festival sites a bit like how A Day To Remember were due to be playing Slam Dunk's sites but not the festival itself.

Perhaps even like Finsbury Park again or something. 

Edited by R Shah

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

putting biffy on the same level as am is peak efestivals haha

as fun as it is to speculate who the headliners are going to be, i'm fairly confident the lineup for the most part is just going to roll over to next year, imagine they'll announce the cancellation and then a few days later announce who they've maintained for next year just like TRNSMT did

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

6 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I would be all over that 🤩.

Huge Muse fan since they began and being Scottish I love Gerry. Think Dua Lipa would be an interesting booking and the Mrs likes Liam so everyone's a winner in our household. I'd hope for something better on another stage during FOB mind 😛

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

It's just me putting him on a pedestal, i already see him to be bigger than that 1Xtra slot and it just seems absurd for me that he's going to be playing the smallest tent in a years time

Nah he’s still smaller than many past 1Xtra headliners at the time they played the slot and I don’t think much will change before next year. Deserves to be bigger and going the right way about it but not yet.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:41 PM, FloorFiller said:

Was thinking this. That year they were the one act everyone was talking about, everyone, and on the day they played you felt like it was all building up to their performance.

This year they'd have drawn the smallest crowd out of the three headliners.

I personally feel the main headliners are irrelevant as of next year. Stormzy personally I think had his peak winter 2020 and wouldn't shift that many tickets next year as he would've this year unless he releases some new material which I highly doubt he will. LG to be honest he wasn't big enough for a headline slot this year even after 'Why Me, Why Not' was released he would've shifted a fair few tickets plus he was playing at Latitude which personally I think will appeal more to his target audience, unless he co-headlines he won't be back next year. RATM I think they'll definitely be back rescheduled the same dates next year so there almost confirmed plus there a great headliner. My feeling is even though the festival has been cancelled many sponsors would've invested in the festival and food vendors would've reserved spots which all comes up to a significant amount of money, I know last year when Boardmasters got cancelled they did not refund any sponsors of food vendors not sure what festival republics policies are though with Reading & Leeds. If this is the case they'll probably book a few big names including headliners as there will be a lot of competition next year. I would go for personally. 

Foals // Gerry Cinnamon 

Tame Impala x Tyler The Creator // Wolf Alice 

RATM // Courteeners