2021 Lineup

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Were you on here in 2014 when people were saying that QOTSA should sub Arctic Monkeys instead of headline so that Turner and Homme could appear for backing vocals on a song in each others' sets?

Haha I wasn't but that sounds like peak eFests.

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

new enter Shikari album SLAPS

best they’ve done since Flash Flood in 2012 at least. Huge album. Get them back 4th down Main or something

So good he’s changed his profile photo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Don't get it twisted, the Dua Lipa album is still my AOTY so far but this Shikari album deserves some appreciation (I also love the art for it)

Fair enough fair enough 

On 4/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What’s the highest Shikari have ever played at R&L? Fairly sure it was 4th down in 2014, and they were more popular then (especially with the R&L crowd) than they are now.

They wouldn’t headline the R1 Stage nowadays, and if they did they’d get a very small crowd.

would depend on who they were up against , feel like would have got a good crowd opposite post Malone and better than what did play that slot as it was dead , huge numbers of people had nothing to see that night was so odd there was not a rock alternative. 

1 hour ago, biggest032 said:

, huge numbers of people had nothing to see that night was so odd there was not a rock alternative. 

This came up on here before, could’ve sworn someone put that Post Malone asked for no rock acts up against him 

But I agree I left early, would’ve rather had Bastille up against Posty and Mura Masa up against Foos just for a difference of genre and someone to see

Yeah it was supposedly Postie asking for no guitar acts up against him. I went to Peace and remember them being quite annoyed about it and saying it on stage haha. Was strange for the only options after that to be 2 DJ’s and a rapper/R&B artist. I went Mura Masa n had a great time but I only went because there wasn’t much else on, would’ve liked more options.

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah it was supposedly Postie asking for no guitar acts up against him. I went to Peace and remember them being quite annoyed about it and saying it on stage haha. Was strange for the only options after that to be 2 DJ’s and a rapper/R&B artist. I went Mura Masa n had a great time but I only went because there wasn’t much else on, would’ve liked more options.

I was there too, thought Peace’s set was kind of a let down. (they really should have played 1998 & Bloodshake)

I saw Boycie from Peace a few weeks later at a gig in Birmingham, and I asked him if he knew who requested them not to clash with anyone, and he said he didn’t know.

39 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I was there too, thought Peace’s set was kind of a let down. (they really should have played 1998 & Bloodshake)

I saw Boycie from Peace a few weeks later at a gig in Birmingham, and I asked him if he knew who requested them not to clash with anyone, and he said he didn’t know.

Yeah the setlist was definitely questionable. Would've loved 1998 its an amazing song but I guess they were conscious that if they played it that's about a quarter of their set gone haha. Did you catch their secret set on the introducing in 2018? They only did about 3 songs but one of them was 1998 and it was great.

Ahhh fair enough. I've met a few of the band quite a bit around Birmingham over the last couple years. Great music, shitty attitudes haha.

A lil 2021 prediction.

TRAVIS SCOTT, Tame Impala, AJ Tracey, Aitch, Don Broco, Pale Waves
R1: Glass Animals, Sigrid

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Sam Fender, Blossoms, Headie One, Brockhampton, Clairo
R1: D-Block Europe, Octavian

BILLIE EILISH, Courteeners, Doja Cat, Neck Deep, Yungblud, Machine Gun Kelly
R1: Architects, Bicep LIVE

53 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah the setlist was definitely questionable. Would've loved 1998 its an amazing song but I guess they were conscious that if they played it that's about a quarter of their set gone haha. Did you catch their secret set on the introducing in 2018? They only did about 3 songs but one of them was 1998 and it was great.

Ahhh fair enough. I've met a few of the band quite a bit around Birmingham over the last couple years. Great music, shitty attitudes haha.

I was there in 2018. Shame about the weather and the fact they came on 20 minutes late.

(I’m gonna presume that this year isn’t going ahead)

Fri: The Killers,  Dua Lipa, Special Guest: Lewis Capaldi, Bombay Bicycle Club

R1: Don Broco, Enter Shikari

Sat: Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Wolf Alice, Rex Orange County

R1: AJ Tracey, Architects

Sun: Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Special Guest: Lizzo, Tom Grennan

R1: Pendulum, Megan Thee Stallion

14 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

(I’m gonna presume that this year isn’t going ahead)

Fri: The Killers,  Dua Lipa, Special Guest: Lewis Capaldi, Bombay Bicycle Club

R1: Don Broco, Enter Shikari

Sat: Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Wolf Alice, Rex Orange County

R1: AJ Tracey, Architects

Sun: Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Special Guest: Lizzo, Tom Grennan

R1: Pendulum, Megan Thee Stallion

I can smell the dark fruits.

Friday 

MS: DUA LIPA/ DAVE, The Wombats, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Hives, Easy Life, Vistas, Do Nothing R1: Architects DS: Hot Chip Pit: Rise Against FR: Shame R1X: SL 

Saturday 

MS: MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, Bring Me The Horizon, Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Creeper, Fever 333, Dune Rats, Dream State R1: Chase & Status DS: Sub Focus, Pit: Code Orange FR: Rat Boy R1X: Iann Dior 

Sunday

MS: ARCTIC MONKEYS, Gerry Cinnamon, Brockhampton, DMA'S, Beabadoobee, Pale Waves, Miles Kane, The Murder Capital, The Hara      R1: Aitch DS: Carl Cox LU: The Front Bottoms FR: Ty Segall R1X: Death Grips

14 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday 

MS: DUA LIPA/ DAVE, The Wombats, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Hives, Easy Life, Vistas, Do Nothing R1: Architects DS: Hot Chip Pit: Rise Against FR: Shame R1X: SL 

Saturday 

MS: MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, Bring Me The Horizon, Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Creeper, Fever 333, Dune Rats, Dream State R1: Chase & Status DS: Sub Focus, Pit: Code Orange FR: Rat Boy R1X: Iann Dior 

Sunday

MS: ARCTIC MONKEYS, Gerry Cinnamon, Brockhampton, DMA'S, Beabadoobee, Pale Waves, Miles Kane, The Murder Capital, The Hara      R1: Aitch DS: Carl Cox LU: The Front Bottoms FR: Ty Segall R1X: Death Grips

Love it and that Saturday is so good, but we’d never get something that refined to a certain genre on the MS

I had an idea at stupid O’clock this morning, it’s a bit on the optimistic scale but:

Reading 2021 (thinking this year miraculously goes ahead)

FRI

MS:Arctic Monkeys, Dave, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, M Huncho R1: Enter Shikari, Everything Everything DS: Camelphat PIT:Code Orange FR:Rat Boy 1Xtra: Kano

SAT

MS: Dua Lipa/The Weeknd, Lizzo, NBT, Don Broco R1: Fatboy Slim(idk closing set thing),The Streets DS: Carl Cox PIT: All American Rejects FR:The Magic Gang 1Xtra: Iann Dior

SUN

MS: My Chemical Romance, Biffy Clyro, The Vaccines, Brockhampton, Pale Waves R1: J Hus, D Block Europe DS: High Contrast PIT: Asking Alexandria FR: Beabadoobee 1Xtra: Example

I originally had Florence and the Machine and Green Day instead of AM and MCR, but changed my mind

Could have Kasabian or Panic Friday as well

Could have the Killers or RHCP Sunday as well 

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think if he’s a sub he’ll still demand to go on when it’s dark or getting dark

I hope so, it just doesn't feel right watching tame impala whilst in the light, their lightshow is immense especially with the setup they have for their new tour. I just hope they get the spot they deserve next year 

1 hour ago, syc1818 said:

Libertines r1 headline would be cool 

No it wouldn’t, they were absolutely w*nk imo in 2015, second worst headliner I’ve ever seen (after Kendrick Lamar)

1 hour ago, Harry_W01 said:

I hope so, it just doesn't feel right watching tame impala whilst in the light, their lightshow is immense especially with the setup they have for their new tour. I just hope they get the spot they deserve next year 

That’s why everyone on here thinks they won’t play, I honestly think they’d be brilliant but maybe they just aren’t big enough to get a slot they want