2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

pretty sure this rumour was debunked somewhere 

Nah I think the same thing happened a few years ago but came to nothing but notices have gone up again stating that a license has been applied for three dates in June next year for an event, efestivals themselves reported on it.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/20/200316b.shtml

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/arctic-monkeys-homecoming-shows-sheffield-17933349.amp

12 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

93169875_3447667048582490_15433639591453

Personally I think this is way too strong but if this festival existed i’d enjoy it. Cracking headliners.

I have a couple of hot takes that I reckon would ruffle a couple of feathers on this board but I reckon Tyler the creator would probably coheadline or headline instead of sub and I can’t see the Weeknd coheadlining with Dave. Biffy and Dave coheadlining would probably be more likely.

I do feel as well that it doesn’t look very R&L because there aren’t some unbelievably shit acts taking high slots :P 

Edited by Matt42

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I have a couple of hot takes that I reckon would ruffle a couple of feathers on this board but I reckon Tyler the creator would probably coheadline or headline instead of sub and I can’t see the Weeknd coheadlining with Dave. Biffy and Dave coheadlining would probably be more likely.

These aren’t really hot takes.

41 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I could see him being billed as a coheadliner for sure.

Seems even less qualified than the persistent Tame Impala shouts. He's only just hit Lovebox/Parklife headline level (same as Khalid) and I can't see there being a year where they can't get a bigger rap or R&B headliner - or if there are two then they could probably get two headliners bigger than him. Like maybe in a few years' time if he keeps climbing but forget it for now.

Shikari only played third stage at Download because it was a continuation of their tour they had just done which was of smaller venues than they had been playing for the last couple of album cycles. They could have headlined the Zippo and nobody would have batted an eyelid. They’re definitely the right size to headline the second stage at Download and R&L. 

Architects, on the other hand, I feel that they could and should sub headline the main stage next time they play Download (if they ever do play Download again). If they were to play R&L, they could comfortably headline the R1 tent or play third down Main. If R&L was to ever book Metallica again, for example, Architects could sub headline like BMTH did. 

Edited by Andre91

What’s the highest Shikari have ever played at R&L? Fairly sure it was 4th down in 2014, and they were more popular then (especially with the R&L crowd) than they are now.

They wouldn’t headline the R1 Stage nowadays, and if they did they’d get a very small crowd.

Ima chuck another one out there coz why not

RHCP-Lizzo-The Vaccines-M Huncho      R1: Enter Shikari

Dua Lipa/The Weeknd-Dave-NBT(or the Wombats or Kooks depending on what happens)-Jonny Marr or Ian Brown    R1:Glass Animals

MCR-Biffy Clyro-Architects-Brockhampton. R1:J Hus 

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

The Streets and Tame Impala have a new song as well, could see them on the same day if they play next year 

Doubt they'd try and arrange it just for that song 😂

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Doubt they'd try and arrange it just for that song 😂

No ik it was just a thought 😂😂, lots of new music has dropped today/last night tho

that song 

Gerrys Album

New Jamie Xx, ADTR, Rat Boy singles

Kooks EP

New Shikari album and Glass Animals covered Nirvana

Edited by Gerard the Fab