2021 Lineup

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

That’s my dream one rather than an actual prediction 

But completely away from that what do people think of the new Strokes album: I like it but it’s never gonna be as good as Is This It, and the three singles released are the best three on the album imo

Love the new strokes album, thinks its great. 

i think the adults are talking is the best song and selfless is beautiful, all the single tracks are great as well especially at the door

7 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Daft Punk

Never say never as any act can reunite but I think with Daft Punk there is a solid reason why they don’t tour. I thought it was something to do with one of them having bad tinnitus but I don’t know anymore.

They’ve been offered a lot of money in the past and refused. There has to be a good reason. If it does happen Coachella will get them first.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

93169875_3447667048582490_15433639591453

Honestly looks banging mate, only thing I’d change is swap the Friday for the Sunday coz I can’t see them not having the headliner close Reading 

But top class mate

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I really like this. I’d definitely attend for the full weekend. 

Enter Shikari are definitely big enough to headline the R1 stage though. 

Could you imagine the limbs of Shikari into Architects tho, not that I’d miss the Weeknd or Dave mind 

1 hour ago, deckchair92 said:

When the only issue with a prediction is that an R1 sub could headline the tent you know it’s a good prediction. Shikari bigger than Architects I’d say. Placements pretty much bang on for this besides that, I’d be buzzing with this lineup.

29 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

When the only issue with a prediction is that an R1 sub could headline the tent you know it’s a good prediction. Shikari bigger than Architects I’d say. Placements pretty much bang on for this besides that, I’d be buzzing with this lineup.

Architects have played Wembley in recent years whereas Enter Shikari have been at Ally Pally level for a while now. I think they would both be suitable R1 headliners. 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Architects have played Wembley in recent years whereas Enter Shikari have been at Ally Pally level for a while now. I think they would both be suitable R1 headliners. 

Yeah don’t get me wrong they could both headline the stage I’d just been gunning Shikari were bigger. Yeah you’re probably right though.

Side note if you’re a Shikari fan here’s a little shameless self plug, I’m the admin of a Shikari shitposting group on facebook lmao

https://www.facebook.com/groups/376665669474579/?ref=share

Edited by TheWaters

3 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Can't see Biffy Clyro headlining again. They've had their time at the top, there's plenty of other acts that would get the call up before them now I'm sure. That Friday main stage is full of bands which would never happen at R&L now too. Needs some pop and hip hop on there.

Lizzo wouldn't play 3rd down, she'd be at least a sub I think.

Can't see FKA Twigs playing R&L, wrong crowd for her. Aitch wouldn't be that low, and the Sunday R1 wouldn't be that heavy.

Also a few of the smaller stage headliners are pretty questionable.

Sorry to shit all over it, it's a cool lineup but can't see R&L ever looking like that in the near future 😅

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Just saw on reddit

I reckon Khalid could be too big for that slot - also not convinced Tame would take that slot they would be way better closing (biffy to close leeds as its nearer scotland? i just want the tame closing set really). Biffy are a fairly weak solo headliner so i reckon tame should at the least be very special guests but i don't see why they shouldn't co myself especially since APE has been cancelled too so will have been ages since their last uk shows. love the undercard.

edit 1 - maybe an extra indie name on sunday though to replace one of the top R1 acts, there is only glass animals as far as big acts go and they aren't really dark fruits at all

edit 2 - also reckon it could finally be AM again if they don't decide to go to cheap (would fests have an easy time selling out post-corona???)

Edited by gfa