2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I guess Meek Mill did get a Wireless Festival headline slot for his first UK show and people didn't seem to mind that announcement. He went through a lot more to get there like.

I think it’s because the US hip hop market is so strong that they can afford to not bother with places like Europe etc. They don’t exactly care about putting the graft in if they are making enough money domestically.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s because the US hip hop market is so strong that they can afford to not bother with places like Europe etc. They don’t exactly care about putting the graft in if they are making enough money domestically.

That is absolutely true. Plus I'm sure a lot of the festivals a) don't exactly know what to do with these acts because of how divisive their presence can be, and b) are constantly burned by no-shows and then have to deal with the same agencies in booking the next US hip hop star.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That is absolutely true. Plus I'm sure a lot of the festivals a) don't exactly know what to do with these acts because of how divisive their presence can be, and b) are constantly burned by no-shows and then have to deal with the same agencies in booking the next US hip hop star.

Why do I have to fly all the way to Europe to sub some band called courtneeners when I can headline rolling loud down the street and get paid 3 million dollars for it?

6 hours ago, stanh said:

nah no way... doja cat however i could see getting a fairly big slot... megan thee stallion though would probably an early afternoon mainstage slot or somewhere within the top 4 of radio 1 (but not headline). 

No chance she’d accept a slot that low.

48 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Sorry if this is slightly insensitive but are the Prodigy still playing without Keith

I think Liam said that they were going to carry on working on music as a tribute to Keith as he wouldn’t have wanted them to stop. Not sure how that’s developing at the minute but I don’t believe anything’s been said about live shows.

Either way, don’t think they’re very likely at all to ever play R&L again, even if Keith was still around.

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I think Liam said that they were going to carry on working on music as a tribute to Keith as he wouldn’t have wanted them to stop. Not sure how that’s developing at the minute but I don’t believe anything’s been said about live shows.

Either way, don’t think they’re very likely at all to ever play R&L again, even if Keith was still around.

One band I would love to see, but not even like a DJ set or summin?

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

One band I would love to see, but not even like a DJ set or summin?

Probably even less likely than a live set haha. If they do ever tour again I’d say their own tour would be the best place to see them. Or glastonbury. I suspect once they’re back on track and definitely performing again they’ll feel they have some unfinished business there as they were set to headline the other stage before the tragedy.

59 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

forget i said this, looks like their career is in tatters

Yeah they’re done for surely. Something like 40 different girls have apparently come forward with stories with several of them being underage at the time. Big shame as they’re talented and I used to LOVE them but can’t help it if they’re awful people.

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah they’re done for surely. Something like 40 different girls have apparently come forward with stories with several of them being underage at the time. Big shame as they’re talented and I used to LOVE them but can’t help it if they’re awful people.

I had a read through the accusations and I didn't see anything to suggest any of the girls were under 16, in fact I saw one where the singer found out a girl was 15 and then stopped contact. Morally questionable for sure, but not underage. I also saw a few images that had been floating around for a few years and I thought had been proven false. Still dumb for the band to be using their verified social media for that kind of stuff though, I wonder if the NME/Kerrang/Altpress etc. are going to pick up on it.

Edited by sacred shape

Personally never understood Nothing But Thieves, live they seem shouty when I saw them at TRNSMT and the songs seem so cliché. The main songs seem the best (Amsterdam and Trip Switch). Never got them. Bad that though, however the girl is American which the age of consent is 18, most of the girls seem 16/17 which is still very weird and creepy but not illegal here. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

4 hours ago, sacred shape said:

I had a read through the accusations and I didn't see anything to suggest any of the girls were under 16, in fact I saw one where the singer found out a girl was 15 and then stopped contact. Morally questionable for sure, but not underage. I also saw a few images that had been floating around for a few years and I thought had been proven false. Still dumb for the band to be using their verified social media for that kind of stuff though, I wonder if the NME/Kerrang/Altpress etc. are going to pick up on it.

I could've sworn there was a picture of someone saying they were underage and Conor carrying on? Maybe I was wrong then. I think a lot of stuff has always been floating around but I'd heard a few things about girls not being able to afford the legal fees so leaving it but a LOT more people have obviously come forward now. Still a shitter either way. 

Edited by TheWaters

59 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I could've sworn there was a picture of someone saying they were underage and Conor carrying on? Maybe I was wrong then. I think a lot of stuff has always been floating around but I'd heard a few things about girls not being able to afford the legal fees so leaving it but a LOT more people have obviously come forward now. Still a shitter either way. 

Tbh after reading this thread I'm a bit more suspect, drummer still is dodgy though

https://www.reddit.com/r/NothingButThieves/comments/fya2or/nbt_abusing_their_power_this_just_popped_up_on_my/

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Tbh after reading this thread I'm a bit more suspect, drummer still is dodgy though

https://www.reddit.com/r/NothingButThieves/comments/fya2or/nbt_abusing_their_power_this_just_popped_up_on_my/

I’m not sure how much I believe considering I’ve read it once, I’m not going to actively read anymore into it, if it’s true then the drummer is a weirdo but he looks kinda outa place in my eyes on stage anyways

If it all happened 5 years ago and they addressed it fair play but if it comes out again or fresh cases do could you see them being booked for anything like this again??

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m not sure how much I believe considering I’ve read it once, I’m not going to actively read anymore into it, if it’s true then the drummer is a weirdo but he looks kinda outa place in my eyes on stage anyways

If it all happened 5 years ago and they addressed it fair play but if it comes out again or fresh cases do could you see them being booked for anything like this again??

I guess it all depends on whether it gets picked up by the media again. I could see them kicking out the drummer if it is picked up, but it might just fly under the radar. I've only seen the story here and NBT reddit, nothing mainstream, so may just be swept under the rug and not addressed.

I don't think Daft Punk will perform live again. Even if they did, Creamfields or SW4 would surely break the bank to get them. 

Arcade Fire won't ever play R&L again. 

My Chemical Romance - until we see what happens with their stadium gigs, who knows. 

Dua Lipa seems a reasonable bet, as far away as next year's festival is. 

Yeah I think if Daft Punk ever returned there’s no chance of R&L. I’d say if anyone then it’d probably be Glasto that finally land them after all these years. Arcade Fire aren’t really suited to the R&L crowd now either. Probably more likely to do IoW, Boardmasters or BST if they’re back here. Other 2 are deffo possible though yeah

That’s my dream one rather than an actual prediction 

But completely away from that what do people think of the new Strokes album: I like it but it’s never gonna be as good as Is This It, and the three singles released are the best three on the album imo