2021 Lineup

23 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Unreal that Dua Lipa has genuinely made album of the year so far. Get her booked for next year. Weeknd’s album is a close second so I may be somewhat biased predicted (hoping) a co-head from them two 

That’d be cracking 

• Like 1

Assuming this year goes ahead (which I don’t think it will): 

Kasabian / Wolf Alice / The Vaccines / Brockhampton / DMA’s  

DaBaby 

Dua Lipa / Dave / Nothing But Thieves / Mahalia / Young T & Bugsey 

Architects 

My Chemical Romance / Halsey / Don Broco / Neck Deep / The Amazons 

Blossoms 

Festivals will most likely have a good selection of acts to choose from next year as i assume everyone will be touring, those who failed to this year will tour next summer on top of every act that wasn't touring this year so based on that i'm expecting someone far better than Liam Gallagher.

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

I haven’t listened to the Dua Lipa album, but if it’s as good as you’re all saying

The Weeknd/Dua Lipa

Green Day with Dave sub

Kasabian or Panic

Edited by Gerard the Fab

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

or alternatively, it's unreal that people here now champion throwaway pop as the best sort of music. :blink: wacko: 

I can't lie prior to the last 12 months or so I was quite against "pop" but I really have learned to love the likes of Dua and Charli XCX, however I'm not quite on the Taylor Swift wave yet, not quite my thing.

For anyone who's not heard the Dua album and wants to know the hype, stick Levitating on. Banger and a half.

Edited by TheWaters

17 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I can't lie prior to the last 12 months or so I was quite against "pop" but I really have learned to love the likes of Dua and Charli XCX, however I'm not quite on the Taylor Swift wave yet, not quite my thing.

For anyone who's not heard the Dua album and wants to know the hype, stick Levitating on. Banger and a half.

Got a feeling we've managed to get into all the same music at the same time. Jumped on the pop music bandwagon last year although did may the Taylor Swift leap quite early one.

Levitating has gotta be my favorite tune so far as well, think Future Nostalgia is just about in front of After Hours for AOTY so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Got a feeling we've managed to get into all the same music at the same time. Jumped on the pop music bandwagon last year although did may the Taylor Swift leap quite early one.

Levitating has gotta be my favorite tune so far as well, think Future Nostalgia is just about in front of After Hours for AOTY so far.

Definitely seems like it haha. I don't know what it is about Swift but I just can't get into her. Still need to give the most recent album a proper go mind, have been told it's quality. Yeah totally agreed on that Levitating up there as one of my fave songs of the year so far along with about 5 tracks from that Weeknd album. Two really great albums there for sure

39 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

AOTY until the new 1975 and Strokes ones come out 😏😏

And ofc when MCR release, if they do, it jumps top even if it is shit

I love After Hours as well, it’s the only full Weeknd album I’ve listened to, only set songs (obvious ones like the Hills and Starboy etc), but it bangs. Gonna give Dua Lipa a listen now if it’s that good, but Charli XCX bangs

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

You are not Dua's biggest fan are you Neil?

it's less a comment about her specifically, and much more about the way people here are championing a genre of music that people here would have laughed at a decade ago.

But meanwhile I'm giving the recommendation of 'Levitating' a go as I write this. And it's bangin' average even for throwaway pop. ;)