2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If R&L doesn't happen this year, I think they'll go 4 days with a full lineup next year to make up for it. I have zero evidence to base that on and I have no idea if that is even remotely feasible due to licencing restrictions etc. but I'll put it out there now and if it happens, happy days. 

I propose having two stages, the 2020 acts on one stage, 2021 on the other.

Easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Can definitely see a stacked lineup if this year doesn't happen. Stormzy-LG/RATM/AM if they can get them. Or at least a more stacked undercard.

Don’t get ya hopes up lol.

If this year doesn’t go on I honestly can’t see Rage Against the Machine returning I think we might get Stormzy and Liam Gallagher maybe even a co-headline between those two but I honestly can’t see you rage against The machine accepting for next year as well

11 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Reckon Nothing But Thieves will get a big slot at this. Probs sub main stage.

Yup

Currently if 2020 doesn’t happen

Stormzy

Billie//LG (ik it doesn’t fit but)

Green Day

High high chance RATM are already signed to download 2021. I don’t know that as fact but it might be a possibility.

what I’m hoping is because of circumstances there will be no exclusive bookings for 2021. 

Edited by Matt42

On 3/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, Andre91 said:

If R&L doesn't happen this year, I think they'll go 4 days with a full lineup next year to make up for it. I have zero evidence to base that on and I have no idea if that is even remotely feasible due to licencing restrictions etc. but I'll put it out there now and if it happens, happy days. 

Back in the day they used to hold the final day at Leeds on a Monday.

7 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

George Ezra, Travis Scott, Rage Against the Machine

If this year doesn't go ahead.

If no Rage, MCR

And i reckon they’d co headline George Ezra just purely because of the genre 

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

why would that happen?

Cos their 3rd album will be out by then and they're the sort of act I could see R&L giving a big exclusive slot to.

10 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Cos their 3rd album will be out by then and they're the sort of act I could see R&L giving a big exclusive slot to.

They got Idles on an exclusive subbing R1 stage. Nothing But Thieves really aren’t any bigger and their slots at festivals recently haven’t indicated they’re soaring up any bills, nor that an exclusive slot from them would be worth a damn. Wouldn’t see them any higher than four down main. 

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher & My Chemical Romance. 

I think this is the most logical one, purely coz I can’t see them not letting Stormzy and LG headline next year if this year gets cancelled 

And I agree with the Rage Download thing, reckons they’ll be UK exclusive there next year

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They got Idles on an exclusive subbing R1 stage. Nothing But Thieves really aren’t any bigger and their slots at festivals recently haven’t indicated they’re soaring up any bills, nor that an exclusive slot from them would be worth a damn. Wouldn’t see them any higher than four down main. 

Eh I'd say they're already a step above Idles for sure. I know it's a completely different kinda act but I wouldn't have predicted Migos to be subbing this year. R&L often make questionable/surprising booking like that. I could just see them giving an act like Nothing But Thieves a big slot next year.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're playing arenas on their next tour too.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don’t get ya hopes up lol.

Actually changed my mind. The lack of festivals this year will make demand higher. Fests like glasto will be stacked or Mad Cool. Reading will be a worse than usual probably as a result

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Actually changed my mind. The lack of festivals this year will make demand higher. Fests like glasto will be stacked or Mad Cool. Reading will be a worse than usual probably as a result

But if R&L goes ahead this year, they could get a load of big names

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sebastian pacheco said:

I’m bored in quarentine so I’ll make a list of possible headliners by genre at Reading 2021:

Rap/Pop Artist: The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Dua Lipa, Eminem(Probably). 

Indie Artist: Kasabian, The Strokes, Tame Impala (why not?), Arctic Monkeys. 

Rock Artist: Biffy Clyro, BMTH(new music this year), Royal Blood, Green Day, MCR. 

The Weeknd

Tame Impala/Royal Blood

MCR

7 hours ago, sebastian pacheco said:

I’m bored in quarentine so I’ll make a list of possible headliners by genre at Reading 2021:

Rap/Pop Artist: The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Dua Lipa, Eminem(Probably). 

Indie Artist: Kasabian, The Strokes, Tame Impala (why not?), Arctic Monkeys. 

Rock Artist: Biffy Clyro, BMTH(new music this year), Royal Blood, Green Day, MCR. 

Also the Killers, PATD, Billie