2021 Lineup

7 hours ago, Harry_W01 said:

I am still firmly riding the Tame Impala hype train at least till May, hopefully they have UK tour dates next year tho having to travel down to London is already becoming an expensive pain in the ass

I really

really

really

hope that Tame Impala play in 2021

Edited by Gerard the Fab

10 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Weird parallel to make.

what I’m tryna say is you’re all writing Tame Impala off now but who would’ve said this years 3 headliners this time last year 

But it's not the same circumstance at all, Rage are a big favourite of the festival booker and they've got huge reunion hype. Tame Impala have been going consistently and they haven't cared to book them in seven years.

The only thing I've ever heard anyone say about Tame Impala is how class it would be in the dark. I know it's only one example but I never hear anyone mention them in active conversations about music. I honestly don't think I'd know they'd exist if they weren't talked about on here.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Just enjoy Tame Impala headline shows and Reading/Leeds Festival as entirely separate pleasures, man.

Why can’t they be the same thing 

Every time I make a prediction about an act it seems to be quickly shut down, you were all very quick to stop me talking about MCR as a headliner and the Fratellis and all that

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Every time I make a prediction about an act it seems to be quickly shut down, you were all very quick to stop me talking about MCR as a headliner and the Fratellis and all that

There was a reason people shut down MCR and The Fratellis, do you see them playing at the festival? although I can see Tame Impala showing up in the future, Catfish have never been booked since they made it big but having them play the festival wouldn't be an absurd booking so i don't agree with the argument of Tame not being booked so far so therefore there's no chance of them getting booked in the future

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

41 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tame Impala*? Whack. 

My Chemical Romance*? Whack. 

The Fratellis? Whack. 

Rage Against Machine*? They’re tight as fuck. 

* I like all of these bands. 

10 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

There was a reason people shut down MCR and The Fratellis, do you see them playing at the festival? although I can see Tame Impala showing up in the future, Catfish have never been booked since they made it big but having them play the festival wouldn't be an absurd booking so i don't agree with the argument of Tame not being booked so far so therefore there's no chance of them getting booked in the future

Catfish won’t come back because they want to headline. R&L probably think they won’t sell enough tickets.

If R&L doesn't happen this year, I think they'll go 4 days with a full lineup next year to make up for it. I have zero evidence to base that on and I have no idea if that is even remotely feasible due to licencing restrictions etc. but I'll put it out there now and if it happens, happy days. 

• Upvote 1