2021 Lineup

10 hours ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

What do you reckon the chances are of Slipknot headlining next year? Or at least fairly soon? They're one of the biggest live metal bands going, had a number 1 album, seem to have a pretty broad range of fans and R&L aren't exactly afraid of booking heavier bands. I think they would go down really well at R&L, would be a nice change from them always doing Download

I think this would’ve been the year but they chose Knotfest instead, which is a bummer 

I think they’ll rotate around Green Day, MCR, Metallica and Muse as a heavier band for the next 4 years, then we’ll see what’s going on

2 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

The Weeknd is a potentially decent shout actually. I’ve only heard two songs by him, but they were very decent. 

I’d quite like that actually, if it means another year without Eminem

4 hours ago, stanh said:

they headlined coachella and the other stage at glasto... they could possibly be a co-headline... but i dont see why they couldnt just outright headline tbh, especially with a strong undercard

Honestly 2 hours of Kevin Parker and his band of synth players is a dream, his new album is so so so so so good and the show would be incredible 

On 2/21/2020 at 5:17 PM, stanh said:

they headlined coachella and the other stage at glasto... they could possibly be a co-headline... but i dont see why they couldnt just outright headline tbh, especially with a strong undercard

Because they headlined the Other Stage at Glasto.

The new album might be good but it clearly hasn't set the world alight. Headlining All Points East and then eventually Latitude and stuff is their level, and that's okay. Haven't been picked up by R+L in seven years now despite being perhaps the most notable indie rock band of the decade so a punt up to headline status doesn't look to be forthcoming.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Because they headlined the Other Stage at Glasto.

The new album might be good but it clearly hasn't set the world alight. Headlining All Points East and then eventually Latitude and stuff is their level, and that's okay. Haven't been picked up by R+L in seven years now despite being perhaps the most notable indie rock band of the decade so a punt up to headline status doesn't look to be forthcoming.

But would still be better than than anyone else

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Liam Gallagher is headlining. They’re not picking headline acts based on what would be good.

They’re also not an indie band

It is an artist who makes exceptional psychedelic pop rock

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bore off

Well would you rather have Tame Impala, an exciting artist with brilliant music and live shows

or Blink, a band well past it’s best

or Biffy, a band that’s been around for ages

or anyone else really, as a live show Tame Impala are arguably undisputed as the best

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Well would you rather have Tame Impala, an exciting artist with brilliant music and live shows

or Blink, a band well past it’s best

or Biffy, a band that’s been around for ages

or anyone else really, as a live show Tame Impala are arguably undisputed as the best

Yes I would rather Tame Impala, the project/band of artist Kevin Parker, and their 'arguably undisputed' live show than any of those but they're just not big enough to headline. I don't think the others will ever headline again either. 

If Reading headliners had to be good to headline then, well... the headliners would be good.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes I would rather Tame Impala, the project/band of artist Kevin Parker, and their 'arguably undisputed' live show than any of those but they're just not big enough to headline. I don't think the others will ever headline again either. 

If Reading headliners had to be good to headline then, well... the headliners would be good.

Do you think Rage are good?

What do you class as good music Dental? We all talk about music but dont ask what we like much - who are your favourite bands/artists?

Sticking up for dental on this one. Its nothing to do with whether or not he likes tame impala, it’s about the fact that R&L is clearly not that arsed about them. They haven’t played since 2013 and they have had ample opportunity to do so.

Kevin Parker is great but let’s be honest. A tame headline slot would probably go down awful with readings current attendees. Rage get away with it because they are pretty much a heritage booking at this point. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Do you think Rage are good?

What do you class as good music Dental? We all talk about music but dont ask what we like much - who are your favourite bands/artists?

I guess. I don't listen to them anymore, nor do I have nostalgia for them as I didn't listen to them as a kid either, but they're fine.

My favourite bands and artists are all across the threads Danders so I don't really want to derail the chat. But, with The Strokes not being picked up this year, I think all my favourite headline-sized bands have now been eliminated from R+L contention, so I'm just here for the debate.

7 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

changed my mind about a few things since my last prediction and was bored so thought I'd crack out a poster

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 20.07.52.png

I think Blossoms are destined to always get the third down gig now, much like The Vaccines ended up. I'd say that Kasabian day is a bit weak overall, take out The Vaccines and add in a stronger sub. Also I think both Jay1 and Mabel would get higher slots.

I think Dave will be at least a coheadliner next year. Can't see him taking a normal sub slot.

Also, I know this happens a lot every year, but I think you've got too many acts that are playing this year.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn