2021 Lineup

9 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Can see him subbing at the very least. Maybe even bump up to a coheadline?

I think 2021 now, a Dave/Billie co healdine 

9 hours ago, atomised said:

Dave was stunning at the Brits 

honestly 

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think 2021 now, a Dave/Billie co healdine 

honestly 

I really don’t think Billie will be coheadlining. I know Kendrick coheadlined that one year but that was because he did a 1hr set.

Billie could easily fill a 90 minutes set. Dave probably could too.

Dave, Billie Eilish, MCR would be a wild trio. However, I reckon R&L might struggle to get Billie back now. I think her team will have eyes on Wembley if she’s touring in 2021.

Edited by Matt42

17 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

M Huncho will be a busy boy, playing Reading Saturday and Sunday, so Leeds Friday  and Sunday

As an aside has anyone ever done R&L in the same day before? I remember Jess Glynne playing at a capital radio event at Wembley in the afternoon then supporting the spice girls in Edinburgh at night, so would be interested to find out if anyone’s ever played both Reading and Leeds on the same day. 

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

As an aside has anyone ever done R&L in the same day before? I remember Jess Glynne playing at a capital radio event at Wembley in the afternoon then supporting the spice girls in Edinburgh at night, so would be interested to find out if anyone’s ever played both Reading and Leeds on the same day. 

Queens of the Stone Age did in 2017 when they did their secret sets I think (Leeds first thing, then Reading just before the headliner on the Radio 1 Stage)

I think at this point Dave and Billie Eilish should be co-headlining together. For the legacy act I could see either The Killers or Green Day playing. Other possible headliners I think are Royal Blood, Tame, Kasabian, Travis Scott, Eminem, Biffy and BMTH. Even though I think they may try and book Florence and the machine to headline the Friday. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Didn’t Jess Glynn turn up drunk to Isle Of Wight from partying with the Spice Girls after supporting them but then due to ‘exhaustion’ refused to play which got here a lifetime ban from the fest?

I’m pretty sure My Chemical Romance (or another pop punk/emo band) played both sites the same day before. It was something to do with them being offered a MTV awards appearance after already being booked for R&L.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Dave/CATB (Dave closing Reading and Catfish Leeds)

Billie Eilish

MCR

Hugeeee, that’s a solid set imo

1 hour ago, Sam Y said:

I think at this point Dave and Billie Eilish should be co-headlining together. For the legacy act I could see either The Killers or Green Day playing. Other possible headliners I think are Royal Blood, Tame, Kasabian, Travis Scott, Eminem, Biffy and BMTH. Even though I think they may try and book Florence and the machine to headline the Friday. 

exactly what I think, but I don’t think they’ll go for Florence, they’ll go for CATB/BMTH or someone, hate to say it and ik people have said it before but I don’t think Florence will be back

Tame impala I am desperate to see, but is he/are they big enough to headline outright 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Catfish and the Bottlemen won’t ever headline R&L, co. or otherwise because they’re so wildly overexposed. I really think they will be stuck in a Vaccines type of position rather soon. 

I think they could co headline next year, but there’s much better alternatives 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see it. I really think that if R&L wanted to book them, they would have at some point over the last few years. 

Hhmmm true but where would they play then over the next few years, they surely wouldn’t accept anything under sub 

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Catfish are much bigger than the vaccines have ever been, that’s a dreadful comparison. 

Fair but a legitimate comparison would be to Stereophonics, who do the mid-tier festivals and outdoor shows every year but aren't on the radar of Glastonbury or Reading + Leeds. That's Catfish now. They're never headlining Reading and Leeds if they weren't having them on the second or third albums.

What do you reckon the chances are of Slipknot headlining next year? Or at least fairly soon? They're one of the biggest live metal bands going, had a number 1 album, seem to have a pretty broad range of fans and R&L aren't exactly afraid of booking heavier bands. I think they would go down really well at R&L, would be a nice change from them always doing Download

9 hours ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

What do you reckon the chances are of Slipknot headlining next year? Or at least fairly soon? They're one of the biggest live metal bands going, had a number 1 album, seem to have a pretty broad range of fans and R&L aren't exactly afraid of booking heavier bands. I think they would go down really well at R&L, would be a nice change from them always doing Download

I would say no. But as we have rage this year anything can happen. But probably most likely a no.