2021 Lineup

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also think there's a decent chance that Sam Fender could be back to sub. He says he's got most of the songs written for his new album, so very possible it'll be out before next August.

I also think both Royal Blood and A$AP Rocky are good bets for subs.

Royal blood already subbed. 

But since reading are now reapeating subs it could work.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Because they've not been booked at the festival since 2013 despite having critically acclaimed albums, so either the festival doesn't want them or they can't get them.

I'll be honest I thought Currents was rubbish and dont get the fuss.

Currents is brilliant as a live album all those songs 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

People don’t only know that song because of that app though. That song had hundreds of millions of streams before that app even existed

no Ik but it’s opened them up to a wider audience 

52 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Friday MCR

Saturday drake

Sunday the cure

the Cure will never be back I don’t think 

I don’t think we’ll get MCR next year, I think they’ll take a year to write an album or something considering they’re touring a lot this year 

I’m more inclined to say Green Day or the Killers or maybe even Metallica 

Travis Scott-Billie/Tame Impala-Metallica would be solid

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I don’t think we’ll get MCR next year, I think they’ll take a year to write an album or something considering they’re touring a lot this year 

I reckon it'll be either Green Day or MCR next year but,, surely with MCR preparing for this comeback for two years they would've done some music already? I know most people are expecting an album pre-tour

10 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

MCR have essentially been reformed since 2017 and judging by the snippet of music in the MK shows trailer, they’ve already got new stuff in the works/recorded. I can’t imagine they won’t have new material ready for next year, and they must be pretty high on the list of acts R/L will want to headline. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MCR will have an album out within the next year. 

let’s hope so

8 hours ago, cal321123 said:

I reckon it'll be either Green Day or MCR next year but,, surely with MCR preparing for this comeback for two years they would've done some music already? I know most people are expecting an album pre-tour

yh idk I just get the feeling they’d get Green Day and miss MCR next year

19 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

The first 6 headliner weekend let’s go would make the dark fruits lot mental though 
Billie Eilish / Tame Impala

Travis Scott / Dave 

Royal Blood / Biffy Clyro

Huge, two main stages I take it??

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MCR will have an album out within the next year. 

I'd like to think they'll have one out very shortly before they tour.  Else it's a reason to do a 'greatest hits' tour this year and then a 'new album' tour next year.  Either way I think RandL should try to secure them for next year for sure.

Just now, Alex Winstone said:

BMTH/ROYAL BLOOD, Wolf Alice, Enter Shikari, Yungblud 

TAME IMPALA, The Chemical Brothers, The Wombats, Nothing But Thevies, M Huncho

KAYNE WEST, Dave, Catfish And The Bottlemen, You Me At Six, M Huncho 

Fairly plausible other than Catfish third down which is miles away from happening. There's probably a small chance they could get them to sub (although they seem content doing smaller headline shows at the moment so I'm not sure whether they'd just wait until they're asked to headline this), but realistically its co-headline or higher for them.

MCR aren’t a System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine type band who will just reunite to milk the cash cow as hard as they can and never even think about releasing any new music. 

MCR will be like Faith No More; they will come back and play a bunch of initial come back shows and then release an album and tour that. It took FNM several years to do that but MCR will have material out far quicker, I truly think. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

BMTH/ROYAL BLOOD, Wolf Alice, Enter Shikari, Yungblud 

TAME IMPALA, The Chemical Brothers, The Wombats, Nothing But Thevies, M Huncho

KAYNE WEST, Dave, Catfish And The Bottlemen, You Me At Six, M Huncho 

M Huncho will be a busy boy, playing Reading Saturday and Sunday, so Leeds Friday  and Sunday