NYC Downlow

gearbm95

What a great article! Go early though, the queues get crazy!

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Have a read at this Resident Advisor piece about it; 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2778 

It gets as weird as you're willing to get. It's just full of people having a really great time, it really doesn't matter if you're gay, straight or anything in between. Get your tache on and get involved 

28 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

The only area I’ve not been to in 5 years of going to Glasto - I always get there and the queues are immense - going to give Thursday a night try early evening g

Good luck! Perversely Thursday can be even busier as not much is open.... The best time is probably when the main stages are running- but of course you will miss bigger acts then..

How much do you love alternative drag is the question you need to ask yourself..

On 2/19/2019 at 2:45 AM, shuttlep said:

anything goes, just don't piss off the trannies

Oxymoronic advice, if ever there was some. 

NYC-DL is one place where I feel like I must be missing something. Outside the entertainment is great, with the cabaret to entertaining the queues. But inside it feels like any other club. I don’t get the hype. 

I’ve heard about this Black Room. Sounds like the place to go if you don’t mind being prodded and probed by randoms you can’t see. Doesn’t sound terribly appealing. Does anyone have any direct experience?

Edited by kalifire

It went into the dark room, not realising it was a literal dark room. Thought it was just a separate area. Cut to me fumbling about, slightly panicked that I couldn’t get back out and opening the curtain on two guys. 

I apologised, closed the curtain and went back to fumbling about til I found the exit. 

19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Oxymoronic advice, if ever there was some. 

NYC-DL is one place where I feel like I must be missing something. Outside the entertainment is great, with the cabaret to entertaining the queues. But inside it feels like any other club. I don’t get the hype. 

I’ve heard about this Black Room. Sounds like the place to go if you don’t mind being prodded and probed by randoms you can’t see. Doesn’t sound terribly appealing. Does anyone have any direct experience?

it was a piece of advice I was given by someone who sets up Block 9

On 2/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, themuel said:

That back room exists. And anything goes. 

I had fairy lights around my neck one year. I was in there getting freaky with some other festival goer and accidentally switched them on.

I turned the lights on. In a dark room. FML.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Have a read at this Resident Advisor piece about it; 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2778 

It gets as weird as you're willing to get. It's just full of people having a really great time, it really doesn't matter if you're gay, straight or anything in between. Get your tache on and get involved 

Nice article. And the Masters At Work dream was realised in 2017. I can only imagine how that went down. Was anyone there for that? 

• 2 weeks later...