Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gearbm95

NYC Downlow

Recommended Posts

So how weird does NYC Downlow get? I know it's a gay club but is it an actual club of gay men or just a LGBT themed club for fest goers?

Someone told me theres a backroom where anything goes...is that real life? Ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great article! Go early though, the queues get crazy!

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Have a read at this Resident Advisor piece about it; 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2778 

It gets as weird as you're willing to get. It's just full of people having a really great time, it really doesn't matter if you're gay, straight or anything in between. Get your tache on and get involved 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only area I’ve not been to in 5 years of going to Glasto - I always get there and the queues are immense - going to give Thursday a night try early evening g

Edited by BL1ND T1G3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

The only area I’ve not been to in 5 years of going to Glasto - I always get there and the queues are immense - going to give Thursday a night try early evening g

Good luck! Perversely Thursday can be even busier as not much is open.... The best time is probably when the main stages are running- but of course you will miss bigger acts then..

How much do you love alternative drag is the question you need to ask yourself..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 2:45 AM, shuttlep said:

anything goes, just don't piss off the trannies

Oxymoronic advice, if ever there was some. 

NYC-DL is one place where I feel like I must be missing something. Outside the entertainment is great, with the cabaret to entertaining the queues. But inside it feels like any other club. I don’t get the hype. 

I’ve heard about this Black Room. Sounds like the place to go if you don’t mind being prodded and probed by randoms you can’t see. Doesn’t sound terribly appealing. Does anyone have any direct experience?

Edited by kalifire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It went into the dark room, not realising it was a literal dark room. Thought it was just a separate area. Cut to me fumbling about, slightly panicked that I couldn’t get back out and opening the curtain on two guys. 

I apologised, closed the curtain and went back to fumbling about til I found the exit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Oxymoronic advice, if ever there was some. 

NYC-DL is one place where I feel like I must be missing something. Outside the entertainment is great, with the cabaret to entertaining the queues. But inside it feels like any other club. I don’t get the hype. 

I’ve heard about this Black Room. Sounds like the place to go if you don’t mind being prodded and probed by randoms you can’t see. Doesn’t sound terribly appealing. Does anyone have any direct experience?

it was a piece of advice I was given by someone who sets up Block 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, themuel said:

That back room exists. And anything goes. 

I had fairy lights around my neck one year. I was in there getting freaky with some other festival goer and accidentally switched them on.

I turned the lights on. In a dark room. FML.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Have a read at this Resident Advisor piece about it; 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2778 

It gets as weird as you're willing to get. It's just full of people having a really great time, it really doesn't matter if you're gay, straight or anything in between. Get your tache on and get involved 

Nice article. And the Masters At Work dream was realised in 2017. I can only imagine how that went down. Was anyone there for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 7:13 PM, themuel said:

That back room exists. And anything goes. 

Ditto. 

Was a happy find, on my part.  One kinda dodgy guy in there in 2017, wouldn't take a hint at first but thankfully he left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet to try The Downlow, have heard very great things about it but the queues are just immense. Feels very wasteful to be queuing while having such a limited time at the farm.

Hopefully this year I might actually be able to leave a headliner early and check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Ditto. 

Was a happy find, on my part.  One kinda dodgy guy in there in 2017, wouldn't take a hint at first but thankfully he left. 

You sound fun! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember the Tory lady on here who was very offended that such a place even existed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Anyone remember the Tory lady on here who was very offended that such a place even existed?

Found it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...