Ryan Adams

tevaburger

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

But you can see how 'letting him live his life' in this case wouldn't change anything if he doesn't want to change? I haven't seen any indication that he knows why people are angry with him e.t.c.

but if he is aware of his wrongs and wants to change, why is he required to hold a conversation with you about it?

When a crim is released from prison after serving their sentence, they're not required to publicly repent. 

He's done wrong; he's been caught; he's already paying a significant price with his career and looks like facing criminal prosecution too. 

It's not your place to hound him (or any other crim) until they've repented to your satisfaction. ;) 

If he threw himself to the ground and begged forgiveness people wouldnt accept their either. Time and long term demonstrative changes in behaviour is needed. The concept of him being forced to be a non-person is sickening to me however. Gross and vile.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but if he is aware of his wrongs and wants to change, why is he required to hold a conversation with you about it?

When a crim is released from prison after serving their sentence, they're not required to publicly repent. 

He's done wrong; he's been caught; he's already paying a significant price with his career and looks like facing criminal prosecution too. 

It's not your place to hound him (or any other crim) until they've repented to your satisfaction. ;) 

Hounding is an... Interesting word. What have I said should happen to him at this stage other than keep a low profile until the investigation is over?

Double edged sword of fame.

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

If he threw himself to the ground and begged forgiveness people wouldnt accept their either. Time and long term demonstrative changes in behaviour is needed. The concept of him being forced to be a non-person is sickening to me however. Gross and vile.

He isn't being forced to do anything. He's rich, so he won't starve. Looks like he abused his position in the music industry, does he have god given right to keep it at the same level?

Just now, zahidf said:

He isn't being forced to do anything. He's rich, so he won't starve. Looks like he abused his position in the music industry, does he have god given right to keep it at the same level?

Take a holiday mate. This is rubbish.

Just now, eFestivals said:

So you'd be up for a bit of hounding of Shamima Begum if she's allowed to return to the UK, until she's repented to your satisfaction.

Or is me saying that going to wise you up a bit?

Is saying she should probably not go on a UK tour until she is investigated properly me hounding her?

18 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

So let me get this straight... If I criticize Ryan Adams without remembering to perform my hourly public two minutes hate of any given dead musician, I'm a hypocrite??? What is wrong with your brain

Nope.

It's if you slur others because they're not performing hate to your satisfaction and then don't perform the hate yourself you''d be a hypocrite.

You'll know if that applies to you, or not. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's if you slur others because they're not performing hate to your satisfaction

Noone has done this. You just choose not to be able to tell the difference between "not performing hate to people's satisfaction" and "having problematic attitudes about abuse/abusers that merit pushback"

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

that's just not true, as can be seen by reading back thru the thread.

If it was you, feel free to defend yourself. If it wasn't, why are you sticking up for hypocrisy?

Everyone can read the thread and see that you're misrepresenting what people have said. I will allow them to do so

If you want to provide evidence for your claim in the form of a quote of somebody saying "You're not performing hate to my satisfaction", you are also free to do so

51 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

If you want to provide evidence for your claim in the form of a quote of somebody saying "You're not performing hate to my satisfaction", you are also free to do so

it's paraphrasing. :rolleyes: 

There are a number of attacks on people's posts, complaining that they're not sticking to the lynch-mob-condemnation-script in one way or another.

I see you're feeling the need to defend yourself. Guess that's because your own entry point into this thread was to make an attack on me (ho-hum) with a wilful misunderstanding* of a post I'd made.

(* apologies if I've credited you with too much intelligence).

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's paraphrasing. :rolleyes: 

There are a number of attacks on people's posts, complaining that they're not sticking to the lynch-mob-condemnation-script in one way or another.

I have no confidence in your ability to paraphrase. I am confident that the substance of the attacks/complaints was not "You're not sticking to the lynch-mob-condemnation script"

Regarding my entry to this thread, that's a great example of a person disagreeing with you for something that is explicitly not "Not performing hate to people's satisfaction". Thanks for bringing it up

1 minute ago, FatAmmy said:

Regarding my entry to this thread, that's a great example of a person disagreeing with you for something that is explicitly not "Not performing hate to people's satisfaction". Thanks for bringing it up

that's you being a trolling prick. Glad to bring it up as a demonstration of your bad faith with your posts here. :) 

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

I am confident that the substance of the attacks/complaints was not "You're not sticking to the lynch-mob-condemnation script"

And I'm confident you're wrong.

Eg:-

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/228298-ryan-adams/?do=findComment&comment=5596990

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's you being a trolling prick. Glad to bring it up as a demonstration of your bad faith with your posts here. :) 

And I'm confident you're wrong.

Eg:-

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/228298-ryan-adams/?do=findComment&comment=5596990

Already stated that I was posting my sincerely held beliefs, not trolling. But feel free to use the "troll" label as a cudgel to discredit people who disagree with you

I actually disagree slightly with Garrett on the wording there - I would categorize stating that you're not shocked as a minimization, not a tacit non-condemnation (Although it could be argued that they are essentially the same thing). But I see where he's coming from and agree with him that it's a harmful attitude worthy of being called out, and I think he explained himself well in the overall conversation without attacking anyone. Definitely disagree with your assessment of that post as "Slurring others because they're not performing hate to your satisfaction"

1 minute ago, FatAmmy said:

Already stated that I was posting my sincerely held beliefs, not trolling. But feel free to use the "troll" label as a cudgel to discredit people who disagree with you

I actually disagree slightly with Garrett on the wording there - I would categorize stating that you're not shocked as a minimization, not a tacit non-condemnation (Although it could be argued that they are essentially the same thing). But I see where he's coming from and agree with him that it's a harmful attitude worthy of being called out, and I think he explained himself well in the overall conversation without attacking anyone. Definitely disagree with your assessment of that post as "Slurring others because they're not performing hate to your satisfaction

Whoops, sorry completely ruined your last part there with the post above ?