Ryan Adams

tevaburger

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No. Just because some people's heads aren't exploding with rage doesn't make your fantasy correct.

That's not what I'm saying at all, also thanks for the weird and condescending tone of your argument.

Refer to the top point of my post, we're literally in a thread talking about these issues. Saying stuff like "I'm not shocked" or "It happens all the time" is at best a form of whataboutery ("Well Ryan Adams does it, but so one else does...") and at worst implying that it's not worthy of a discussion. People are right to be frustrated when people come into discussions about serious topics and start saying it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

at worst implying that it's not worthy of a discussion.

well, no.

It's people putting forwards their views, including the views that are different to your own.

And there's more than one kind of different. Just because some people have a different view of things doesn't turn their words into an endorsement of Adams' actions as some have been trying to imply.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, no.

It's people putting forwards their views, including the views that are different to your own.

And there's more than one kind of different. Just because some people have a different view of things doesn't turn their words into an endorsement of Adams' actions as some have been trying to imply.

That's why I said at best... and at worst...

Besides, I never implied it was endorsing his actions. I said that I felt by using that line of argument, they were tacitly not condemning it. If someone doesn't think it should be condemned, then fair enough - say it and we'll have a separate argument.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about the non-underage issue here. I'm sure we can all agree that that is a very serious offence.

Edited by Garrett_Salas

6 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

Saying stuff like "I'm not shocked" or "It happens all the time" is at best a form of whataboutery ("Well Ryan Adams does it, but so one else does...") and at worst implying that it's not worthy of a discussion.

It's really not.

I'm appalled. I'm disgusted. I'm  angry. I want him fully held to account. I want an environment where this shit doesn't happen. Not being shocked that it happened doesn't negate any of those.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

2 tickets please! 

Certainly. here you go 

Ticket 1 (_)

Ticket 2 (_)

you just need to print it out. Now I hope no one else here tries to print this out and use it before @gherkin8r as that wouldn't be cushty and they may revoke my fake internet ticket licence and make me hand in my badge. 

Two things I really don't want to happen on a Thor-sday.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
  • Upvote 1

Weirdly, his upcoming tour is, as of now, apparently still going ahead:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-adams-uk-tour-still-scheduled-go-ahead-ticketholders-struggle-refunds-2454206

They’ll be some um... interesting shows. If they aren’t cancelled beforehand, I can’t see him doing more than one before he decides to pack in the whole thing. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Weirdly, his upcoming tour is, as of now, apparently still going ahead:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-adams-uk-tour-still-scheduled-go-ahead-ticketholders-struggle-refunds-2454206

They’ll be some um... interesting shows. If they aren’t cancelled beforehand, I can’t see him doing more than one before he decides to pack in the whole thing. 

It’s nonce-sense

• Upvote 2

So... what happens now? Is he going to come out and make a statement (I know he made one on the day these came out but that's been it)?

Haven't seen anything else from him. I think we need a lot more than just "well gee whiz I didn't realise I might have hurt people". Maybe he could go full Spacey and release a video? Maybe not...

He can't just leave things as they stand though, what's he gonna do, turn up on stage and just carry on like nothing's happened? "Here's a song about love, and what I do to people to get what looks like it".