Ryan Adams

tevaburger

13 hours ago, zahidf said:

In this particular case, and others like spacey wesentein etc, the 'crime' doesn't unless there is a response . And minimising the response could play into it.

Look at Louis CK. Does anyone really think he's rehabilitated?

who's minimising the response, and why do you think Adams is reading here anyway?

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You'll have to tell me what you really meant then when you claimed they were often telling on themselves. :rolleyes: 

Perhaps the claim of them often telling on themselves is the exaggeration? Got the stats to hand or is it just something you've made up? 

Jeez. :lol: 

Telling on yourself isn't a great way to put it.

But saying it's something all men would does minimise it. It reduces it from being a conscious choice guys make to just being a biological imperative. 'BOYS will be BOYS '

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Caveats on his behaviour and saying 'he's a dick but not as bad as (x). Not been said here but behaviour like that and worse is often excused as BOYS WILL BE BOYS. 

in the range of possible crimes, this *IS* pretty low.  That's not a caveat, it's the fact* of what happened (*if the allegations are true, of course).

And where are people excusing it with "boys will be boys"? Perhaps you should hang out with different people?

Edited by eFestivals

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Telling on yourself isn't a great way to put it.

But saying it's something all men would does minimise it. It reduces it from being a conscious choice guys make to just being a biological imperative. 'BOYS will be BOYS '

And where are people excusing it with "it's something all men would do"? Perhaps you should hang out with different people?

It's something a proportion of men do. That's not news to everyone but the new-borns.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

in the range of possible crimes, this *IS* pretty low.  That's not a caveat, it's the fact* of what happened (*if the allegations are true, of course).

And where are people excusing it with "boys will be boys"? Perhaps you should hang out with different people?

I said not on here. And behaviour like it! And loads of people defended kavanaugh in the US on the 'BOYS will be BOYS ' defence.

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

Depends on the FBI really, assuming that part of the report is true.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/arts/music/fbi-ryan-adams.html 

...they won't mess about either. The debate on whether he has a career or not will be settled in a very black and white (or should that be orange) manner indeed. My pal in US law enforcement said they'll be checking out all allegations as background too...

Edited by Superscally

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it does.

It proves that he didn't know if we're taking his words as gospel.

And that you'll suck up anything and twist it into untruth if it suits your prejudices.

? Not sure what untruth you're putting in me. He says in his statement he believes the women.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

? Not sure what untruth you're putting in me. He says in his statement he believes the women.

so a guess then,. Like your guess of his guess.

It might be true, but it's a guess. What you've said of his words makes that clear.

You've been unable to recognise it as that guess. You're suggesting his guess is proof of Adams' guilt.

If he *KNOWS* then that's different. But it also raises the question of why he did nothing when he knew.

Edited by eFestivals

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It might be true, but it's a guess. What you've said of his words makes that clear.

You've been unable to recognise it as that guess. You're suggesting his guess is proof of Adams' guilt.

If he *KNOWS* then that's different. But it also raises the question of why he did nothing when he knew.

I think it's relevant his friend and band guitarist has taken the woman's side. But yes, it's just a 'guess'

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Why do you seem to be so annoyed about this?

Just now, clarkete said:

Why do you seem to be so annoyed about this?

I'm permanently annoyed with zahid's inability to use his brain. "Hey, some bloke on twitter thinks the same as me, that means I'm right."

My guess is that Adams is probably guilty of things he's accused of.

His guitarist also thinking that doesn't make my guess or zahid's guess more likely to be correct unless that guitarist saw bad stuff go on he did nothing about (which is the opposite of what that guitarist says, from what zahid said).

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm permanently annoyed with zahid's inability to use his brain. "Hey, some bloke on twitter thinks the same as me, that means I'm right."

My guess is that Adams is probably guilty of things he's accused of.

His guitarist also thinking that doesn't make my guess or zahid's guess more likely to be correct unless that guitarist saw bad stuff go on he did nothing about (which is the opposite of what that guitarist says, from what zahid said).

It's not just some bloke on Twitter. It's Adams guitarist! It's not Jeff from Swansea wearing a tin foil hat.

I don't disagree that it's a 'guess ' though I'd probably say more 'informed opinion based on knowing the guy'. And yes, maybe he should have done something else sooner, but I guess that's part of the whole 'industry forgives and covers up for men like that' aspect of Adams behaviour, as well as the general thing of a lack of understanding if what exactly the right thing to do in that situation is.

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Wisenbaker says he told RA ‘some time ago’ to get help, which indicates that he knew RA was fucked up. If he knew, or suspected, what was going on, his actions should have amounted to more than that. 

Would you feel differently if someone suggested that the women should have spoken up sooner about their abuser?

22 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Wisenbaker says he told RA ‘some time ago’ to get help, which indicates that he knew RA was fucked up. If he knew, or suspected, what was going on, his actions should have amounted to more than that. 

Adams behaviour with women is quite common. I don't find it shocking at all. Its the stuff with the teenager thats the issue. 

• Upvote 1