Ryan Adams

tevaburger

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Can you point to the part of that post where I said or implied "You should be more outraged"?

Thanks in advance

you slurred someone because you felt their post was adequate in outrage? 

There's more than one kind of abuse of power, and I'm trying to reign in your own.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

you slurred someone because you felt their post was adequate? 

I simply pointed out that people who deploy the "Nobody's perfect" argument in a discussion about sexual misconduct are often "telling on themselves", as it were. I'm sure you knew that, because you read my post just down the page from there, where I expanded on the topic

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

I simply pointed out that people who deploy the "Nobody's perfect" argument in a discussion about sexual misconduct are often "telling on themselves", as it were. I'm sure you knew that, because you read my post just down the page from there, where I expanded on the topic

Yeah, of course. Anyone with different thoughts to you is probably a sex offender. :rolleyes: 

Some of us know people who work everyday with far worse and hear the stories. Your head would explode.

Just now, FatAmmy said:

There you go, exaggerating again. Nasty habit, innit?

You'll have to tell me what you really meant then when you claimed they were often telling on themselves. :rolleyes: 

Perhaps the claim of them often telling on themselves is the exaggeration? Got the stats to hand or is it just something you've made up? 

Jeez. :lol: 

Just now, eFestivals said:

You'll have to tell me what you really meant then when you claimed they were often telling on themselves. :rolleyes: 

Perhaps the claim of them often telling on themselves is the exaggeration? Got the stats to hand or is it just something you've made up? 

Jeez. :lol: 

Here, let me help. When you conflated "People who employ the 'Nobody's Perfect defense' in discussions about sexual misconduct" with "Anyone with different thoughts to you", that was your most recent exaggeration.

Clear?

2 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

So, now that you've realized that your previous accusation of me going around telling people they should be more outraged has no basis, you're falling back on this?

Do the people you've abused meet your approval for their levels of outrage?

Cos if they don't, I'm struggling to understand why you've abused.

Wise me up.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Do the people you've abused meet your approval for their levels of outrage?

Cos if they don't, I'm struggling to understand why you've abused.

Wise me up.

I've explained myself fully, and if you're going to disingenuously misrepresent my posts, I'm just not going to engage anymore.  Good luck with whatever it is you're doing in here

• Upvote 1

I did think Fat Ammy had to be joking when they said that...but nope. Ignorant and an abuser. I'm getting the lot today. Lucky I'm neither. Well, on the first thing, ignorant on a few things I guess. I haven't got a clue who the president of Malawi is. For this I apologise and unreservedly and will try to atone.

Edit: it's Peter Mutharika and he has reportedly sacked his deputy, Saulos Chilima, in a cabinet reshuffle, ahead of a presidential election next year. There you go. I feel better now. Poor Saulos though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

isn't it all part of the same thing? It is to me.

The crime disappears into the past. The crim doesn't. 

In this particular case, and others like spacey wesentein etc, the 'crime' doesn't unless there is a response . And minimising the response could play into it.

Look at Louis CK. Does anyone really think he's rehabilitated?

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

In this particular case, and others like spacey wesentein etc, the 'crime' doesn't unless there is a response . And minimising the response could play into it.

Look at Louis CK. Does anyone really think he's rehabilitated?

I don't think anyone cares about him apart from you.

Edit: Before anyone gets on my case...it was meant as a joke...however...I think proven incidents of jacking off in front of random people is a slightly different league also...

Edited by Superscally

15 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I don't think anyone cares about him apart from you.

Edit: Before anyone gets on my case...it was meant as a joke...however...I think proven incidents of jacking off in front of random people is a slightly different league also...

You're missing the point. It's not a contest as to what's worse. The point is that the industry REALLY wants Louis CK back and are willing to facilitate that. And I'm sure they'll do the same with Ryan Adams if they can.

If that's the case, there is no accountability really. And nothing will change. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

You're missing the point. It's not a contest as to what's worse. The point is that the industry REALLY wants Louis CK back and are willing to facilitate that. And I'm sure they'll do the same with Ryan Adams if they can.

If that's the case, there is no accountability really. And nothing will change. 

Yeah dude, I know the Louis CK stuff stinks. Really bad. I think if I ever had done something like that I'd want to go away and hide and maybe buy a new face. I wonder whether in some dodgy way it may be more workable for a comedian because they may be able to "self-castigate" and pretend its funny to awkward feeling audiences? I think if the Ava thing is proven for RA, that's him done. Personally, whether the other allegations are over-egged or not, I don't think it will prevent him being in the industry. 

30 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yeah dude, I know the Louis CK stuff stinks. Really bad. I think if I ever had done something like that I'd want to go away and hide and maybe buy a new face. I wonder whether in some dodgy way it may be more workable for a comedian because they may be able to "self-castigate" and pretend its funny to awkward feeling audiences? I think if the Ava thing is proven for RA, that's him done. Personally, whether the other allegations are over-egged or not, I don't think it will prevent him being in the industry. 

Very much sounds like you've decided the other stuff isn't noteworthy.

59 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I think if the Ava thing is proven for RA, that's him done. Personally, whether the other allegations are over-egged or not, I don't think it will prevent him being in the industry. 

Depends on the FBI really, assuming that part of the report is true.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/arts/music/fbi-ryan-adams.html