I bloody love this festival because...

stuartbert two hats

Why I love it:

1. The long-term build up..Will i get a ticket? Got a ticket! Who’s playing? The months of speculation, ruling in/ out. Discovering announced acts and playing the fuck out of them. 

2. The weeks/ days before - buying booze, new camping equipment, monitoring weather forecasts, setting the highlights onto record, finishing work, watching the Glastonbury film the night before.

3. The best 5 days on Earth

4. Getting home, boring friends and family with tales of outstanding music, brilliant new friends, watching highlights and crying tears of joy. Booking the last weekend of June off next year ASAP.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Things like this happen:

Screenshot_20190213-212216_Twitter.jpg

Yesss, this was defo 2015, around Park Home Ground area, and I was a little sad about having to start my Sunday evening shift, my feet thoroughly KNACKERED etc. Going past this one put a right smile on my face, which then turned into a persistent giggle, then full on bent-over laughter!

They were going through the keyboard's demos, every so often hitting the percussion buttons, happy as Larry, nodding along.

You can literally do anything, be anyone. Perfect opportunity to be entirely yourself.

Do the most ridiculous thing and still feel like you're being reserved in comparison. Do the most drugs and still feel sober in comparison. 

I get excited just thinking about the freedom. Sometimes I'll have my headphones in and a song will remind me of glasto and I think of how if I was there I'd be doing a run/dance through the crowd and I walk down the street with an extra skip in my step that i think the people walking past me cant see.

Really this is me:

BruisedOrdinaryBlueshark-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Because I don't have a ticket and I'm still fucking besotted with it all 

This is me.

I don’t have a ticket but I’m here everyday devouring any hint of a rumour I can.

It’s joyous and painful in equal measure. 

This forum manages to replicate a lot of the the good will and feel good factor of the real deal, which makes it such a good place to spend time every day.

Have a good day you wonderful people. 

(Really hope I get a ticket in the resale). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This is me.

I don’t have a ticket but I’m here everyday devouring any hint of a rumour I can.

It’s joyous and painful in equal measure. 

This forum manages to replicate a lot of the the good will and feel good factor of the real deal, which makes it such a good place to spend time every day.

Have a good day you wonderful people. 

(Really hope I get a ticket in the resale). 

Also throwing my hat (just one) into this bittersweet ring

• Upvote 1

The variety of people. Meeting up with my Dad at the cider bus. Meeting an old friend from school. Bumping in to someone I used to work with. Partying with absolute strangers, some of whom I've kept in contact with since. The HUGE variety of music. The buzz of the place. There's nothing like it! *prays to resale gods*

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Things like this happen:

You can go along any time to see the fella who sits in the middle of Market Street every day doing this dressed as Mario or Darth Vader if you like.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN