The Volunteering thread 2019

FestiZebra

53 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

Wow!! What a 48 hours, all 3 of us secured places with Oxfam! If anyone needs any help with Oxfam let me know and I’ll show you how I did it!

If you could let me know how you did it that'd be greatly appreciated. I've been keeping an eye out but can't refresh constantly!

Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Sophiejmitch said:

If you could let me know how you did it that'd be greatly appreciated. I've been keeping an eye out but can't refresh constantly!

Thanks 

if you have google chrome, download a web monitor called distill and set up to track the my festivals page, make sure you’re logged in obviously and set the refresh speed to the lowest which is 5 seconds and then keep that page open on another tab, you’ll then get a ping every time the page changes. You can add an instant email notification aswell so make sure you have pop up notifications on your phone so if you’re away from your PC you can still see the ping in your phone, so whenever there is a change make sure you give it a refresh and hope it’s glastonbury! 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

if you have google chrome, download a web monitor called distill and set up to track the my festivals page, make sure you’re logged in obviously and set the refresh speed to the lowest which is 5 seconds and then keep that page open on another tab, you’ll then get a ping every time the page changes. You can add an instant email notification aswell so make sure you have pop up notifications on your phone so if you’re away from your PC you can still see the ping in your phone, so whenever there is a change make sure you give it a refresh and hope it’s glastonbury! 

Thanks, do you monitor the whole page or just a section? Also, how do you add the notification? Thanks for your help! :)

On 6/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, lucyginger said:

Yeah, 5 weeks ago we weren't going and now IT'S HAPPENING!! :) 

Celebratory meet up def in order!! 

I’d be up for meeting up! Can’t really believe still, it’s crazy!

I’m going on my own so meeting up with you guys would be great. 

Edited by Ozanne

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’d be up for meeting up! Can’t really believe still, it’s crazy!

I’m going on my own so meeting up with you guys would be great. 

if you see the pyramid or ribbon tower knocking about dont be shy about giving me a shout :) 

2 hours ago, Sophiejmitch said:

Thanks again for your help with this, I've managed to get a last minute place!! 

This is amazing news. Well done to everyone who has got in at this stage - you really deserve it for your persistence!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, tpark said:

I got mine 5th June, but secured my place as soon as they went live so could of got it earlier 

I reserved my place just over a week ago, training is on Thursday, I haven’t had anything through in the post. Is that pretty normal?

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I reserved my place just over a week ago, training is on Thursday, I haven’t had anything through in the post. Is that pretty normal?

The only thing you'd receive by physical mail would be a parking pass - you won't get sent a ticket. Apparently the parking passes were sent out this week and started arriving today. You should get an E-Mail with arrival instructions at some point - the main batch went out last week, I imagine another "mop up" batch will go out at some point soonish to the late additions like yourself.

• Upvote 1