I'm cutting down on the amount of shit I take to the festival

Splonk

7 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

How much money do you guys think it would take, to show up just with cash/card, phone and clothes? I know it could go up to  the thousands of pesos, but what do you think would be a reasonable minimum? How much do you spend on average and how much do you save by taking stuff from home?

It depends on the kind of weekend you want I guess, one meal a day, water to drink and sleep in the church tent and I reckon you could do it on £100.

If you’re intending on a more wild weekend I don’t recommend the church tent however. Waking up still half gone with mass taking place is one of the most surreal experiences ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

For me Co-op being there is massive game changer. I went from going back to nearest town for booze on Wednesday to asking my mates that’ll be in CV field to take some for me to actually stop caring about it at all, cause I can do my booze purchase there. 

Fairly confident I can fit all my stuff in single 65L rucksack now!

We don't know that it will sell booze yet do we?

Just now, Jay89 said:

People in Co-op thread on here said there was alcohol (not a very cold one at that) at Latitude. I’m just assuming (hoping) it’ll be the same. 

Yes I read that, but people have also pointed out that the one at Latitude was outside the main arena (meaning technically you're not supposed to bring said booze beyond the campsite). As Glastonbury doesn't have such a set-up some have speculated that it might not sell booze as this would harm the bar takings. Still all speculation mind.

this is the response I got from coop when I asked the question about alcohol ... non committal but I would say its a yes 

• Direct message
  •  
    JdB-V5nj_bigger.jpg Mar 21
    More

Do you need someone to design a Glastonbury specific uniform ?

1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

View Tweet activity
  •  
    MDOjvMSk_bigger.jpg Mar 21
    More

Not this time, but thanks. ^Jordan

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message
  •  
    JdB-V5nj_bigger.jpg Mar 21
    More

can you just clarify if you will be selling alcohol ... thanks :)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity
MDOjvMSk_bigger.jpgCo-op Colleagues @coopukcolleague
FollowFollow @coopukcolleague
More
Replying to @Crazyfool110

Confirmation of what we're selling will be announced closer to each festival, but we did sell it last year so I imagine it might also be there this year :) ^Cat

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It actually always surprises me when people say they would spend thousands. I only take a bit of booze and buy all my food there and at most spend about £200 to £300 for the weekend, which I still think is loads. I suppose you could another couple of hundred for other substances but where does the rest come from? 

Same, I take spirits only with me. Tend to buy tonics or mixers at the bars so can also get ice and then pop some spirit in. Buy all food there and spend a few quid on stalls buying hats or what have ye. Still tend to go home with change. Usually bring £250 and an extra £50 in case of emergencies left in an envelope in the lock ups. Never needed it. 

Although I've had my eye on one of those Mexican hammocks for years so maybe this will be the year. ?