Sawdusty Surfer

David Attenborough

18 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Played for 5 minutes, mainly new stuff and only that one hit about plastic in the oceans. 

4/10.

Haha, exactly that :) thanks efests for the info though 

Uhhh did I just watch an real life advert?

Ok... 

Very good speech, but he honestly could have made a comment about taking your tents/shit home or something.

Quite disappointed that it was basically just an advert. I really don't understand why he couldn't have done a speech and encouraged people to take tents home etc. 

Well that was a well kept secret.

After the initial info in early Feb, absolutely nothing else until he was announced two or three hours before he appeared!

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well that was a well kept secret.

After the initial info in early Feb, absolutely nothing else until he was announced two or three hours before he appeared!

I suspect given his age that it may well have been last minute as to whether he would appear or maybe just do a video. My friend went to the Yoko Ono bells for peace event in Manchester yesterday and she ended up doing a video link rather than a live appearance. Only problem was she'd recorded a section about clouds which usually for Manchester would be nailed on but yesterday it was absolutely cloudless! 

He's 93 years of age. We're incredibly lucky to have seen him in the flesh. Even if he just walked out and waved we should count ourselves lucky. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He's 93 years of age. We're incredibly lucky to have seen him in the flesh. Even if he just walked out and waved we should count ourselves lucky. 

Prince Philip for the 50th, then?

24 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

He's just not allowed to drive himself onsite

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Hell yeah. Give him a bottle of scotch and let him loose on the mic. 

Sorry to drag this topic up (but still chuffed that I broke the story 4 months in advance on here when it was only announced officially 3 hours before actually happening).

David Attenborough calls Boris 'Shameful' for not appearing in the TV climate debate.

Good on him.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-29/attenborough-boris-johnsons-absence-from-climate-debate-was-shameful/

13 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sorry to drag this topic up (but still chuffed that I broke the story 4 months in advance on here when it was only announced officially 3 hours before actually happening).

David Attenborough calls Boris 'Shameful' for not appearing in the TV climate debate.

Good on him.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-29/attenborough-boris-johnsons-absence-from-climate-debate-was-shameful/

It was quality work, @Sawdusty Surfer, anything lined up this year? :D

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Doubt it, Queen fell out with Michael. 

we cant have the royals dragged through the mud anymore than Prince Andrew has already done can we ? :) 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we cant have the royals dragged through the mud anymore than Prince Andrew has already done can we ? :) 

There was only one Prince I ever wanted to see at Glastonbury, sadly never happened! 

16 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well, I suppose that I could PM you but if I did I would then have to kill you.

I reckon id stay away ... scary enough in a mouse suit ... even worse holding a chainsaw :) 

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well, I suppose that I could PM you but if I did I would then have to kill you.

Maybe you could run a book?  I'd have a mild flutter on the pope attending. I've always had a tendency to support the lame and hopeless. 

• Upvote 1