David Attenborough

Sawdusty surfer

Quite disappointed that it was basically just an advert. I really don't understand why he couldn't have done a speech and encouraged people to take tents home etc. 

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well that was a well kept secret.

After the initial info in early Feb, absolutely nothing else until he was announced two or three hours before he appeared!

I suspect given his age that it may well have been last minute as to whether he would appear or maybe just do a video. My friend went to the Yoko Ono bells for peace event in Manchester yesterday and she ended up doing a video link rather than a live appearance. Only problem was she'd recorded a section about clouds which usually for Manchester would be nailed on but yesterday it was absolutely cloudless! 

• 4 months later...

Sorry to drag this topic up (but still chuffed that I broke the story 4 months in advance on here when it was only announced officially 3 hours before actually happening).

David Attenborough calls Boris 'Shameful' for not appearing in the TV climate debate.

Good on him.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-29/attenborough-boris-johnsons-absence-from-climate-debate-was-shameful/

13 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sorry to drag this topic up (but still chuffed that I broke the story 4 months in advance on here when it was only announced officially 3 hours before actually happening).

David Attenborough calls Boris 'Shameful' for not appearing in the TV climate debate.

Good on him.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-29/attenborough-boris-johnsons-absence-from-climate-debate-was-shameful/

It was quality work, @Sawdusty Surfer, anything lined up this year? :D