David Attenborough

Sawdusty surfer

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's the gammon position on The Borough?

Nostalgia, cos hes something they remember from their childhood along with ration books and corned beef and that dog from off of The Dambusters?

Or crimson-faced apoplexy, as he's another BBC-funded looney lefty spouting on about climate change when have you seen all the snow we've been having?

"Hes maybe the most well traveled human ever, been traveling the globe for over 60 years. Listen to the man". 

"Err well hes not a scientist is he?"

"Well you don't believe them either".

And so on. He really pissed a lot of people off with that last speech. 

Looking forward to him speaking.   

"with a foul stench of manure and chemical toilets, swirling storms of seagull droppings day and night and almost guaranteed mud, surely no place on earth... is this ....inhospitable.

Except one.....

Oxylers". 

I am hoping he does the whole Jurassic park thing , lands in one of them helicopters, Jurrasic theme playing , steps out in his lovely white lined suit.

and there is a massive T Rex on stage, Jeff Goldblum comes out shouting something about random butterfly wings flapping in Oz

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I am hoping he does the whole Jurassic park thing , lands in one of them helicopters, Jurrasic theme playing , steps out in his lovely white lined suit.

and there is a massive T Rex on stage, Jeff Goldblum comes out shouting something about random butterfly wings flapping in Oz

image.jpeg.5fd146215a7b61f056522feb23fd793e.jpeg

I haven't read the thread, but I do know that I drove for about 2 hours to go and witness David Attenborough give a talk. It was in a university building in Leicester, if memory serves me right. Anyway, when it came to question time, a young lady stood up and asked the bloke would he marry her. I was annoyed at that because that was the exact question I was going to ask him myself. I mean. beautiful young lady in one hand, ugly old bastard in the other. It's a no brainer. That's how peacocks work it out, anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read the thread, but I do know that I drove for about 2 hours to go and witness David Attenborough give a talk. It was in a university building in Leicester, if memory serves me right. Anyway, when it came to question time, a young lady stood up and asked the bloke would he marry her. I was annoyed at that because that was the exact question I was going to ask him myself. I mean. beautiful young lady in one hand, ugly old bastard in the other. It's a no brainer. That's how peacocks work it out, anyway. 

Good to see you back Yog, you have been missed 

Edited by OG
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The Nal said:

Hes maybe the most well traveled human ever, been traveling the globe for over 60 years. Listen to the man". 

"Err well hes not a scientist is he?"

"Well you don't believe them either".

And so on. He really pissed a lot of people off with that last speech. 

Heard this said before- particularly weird in that, while he isn't a researcher, he does have a degree in natural sciences (zoology and geology mainly) from Cambridge- so hardly scientifically illiterate is he?

The year was probably 2013 and I was spangled with my then boyfriend in the Park late one Glastonbury night.  We were approached by a young couple not much more than 20 who thought we were THE COOLEST.  Not sure what their criteria was but they claimed we epitomised Glastonbury.  Mind you, we were only mid-30s and knew we were hardly grizzled veterans, but we were flattered nonetheless and off our chops.

It was their first Glastonbury, so we shared our goodies,  had a nice chat imparting our wisdom, giving out tips and tricks to the youngsters. They were absolutely lovely and really got Glastonbury.  Suddenly the male, who was clearly enamoured with us,  said, "I'm telling them. They should KNOW."  The girl had no time to respond, but her face showed her horror.

"THIS IS DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S GRANDDAUGHTER".

Our eyes, already as wide as saucers, lit up and before we were able to spit out platitudes and questions ("NO WAY!", "You're so lucky!", "What's he like?!", "Is he a good grandpappy!?", "THAT'S SO AWESOME"), she smacked her boyfriend and bolted down the hill.  The BF explained: "She hates when I tell people that but I think its so cool."

I wonder if it was true and I wonder if they are still together enjoying many more Glastonburys.

Edited by karaseen
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, shuttlep said:

Just read the Goldblum has confirmed

my prophetic dreams are coming true

On 2/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, shuttlep said:

Bolam lives!  Not a helicopter but a giant white swan. 

• Upvote 1