Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I went in 2016, yeah. Not sure what I was doing instead of Paul and Jacqui... Weren't Belle and Sebastian 2015 though? I wasn't there then.

You are right! Im getting my sunday afternoons mixed up. I saw Future Islands who were before B&S, Paul & Jacqui were too early. After them it was ELO on the Pyramid.

9 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

@eFestivals How come they aren't SR in lineup as both Paul and Jacqui self confirmed on twitter and now playing Bristol that weekend? :)

did they? Wanna link me to it? If you mean what's posted on the last page, that isn't a self-confirm.

And the majority of acts playing Bristol on glasto weekend don't play at Glasto.

Edited by eFestivals

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You are right! Im getting my sunday afternoons mixed up. I saw Future Islands who were before B&S, Paul & Jacqui were too early. After them it was ELO on the Pyramid.

Future Islands were 2015 and 2017, ELO were 2016, B&S were 2015, Heaton & Abbott were 2016.

I think you're getting the last 4 years mixed up! :lol:

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

did they? Wanna link me to it? If you mean what's posted on the last page, that isn't a self-confirm.

And the majority of acts playing Bristol on glasto weekend don't play at Glasto.

He replied to someone on twitter saying hopefully, when asked if he was playing Glastonbury.

Its on page 1 of this thread, be shocked if there were not playing

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not really. Just about every act hopes to play.

It probably has a bit more meaning from Heaton and Abbott than the norm, tho.

I guess the hopefully from them plus the Bristol date is a fairly good indicator. Not necessarily for you to put SR but I would be shocked if they weren't after that.

• 3 months later...

I might have mentioned this before, but I once saw six (yes six) UK number one singles performed in one single day, by the (original or part thereof) artists at the Festival

This was one of those.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I booked tickets for the rescheduled show in Leeds the other day, but I have the feeling it might have to be re-rescheduled. 

Yes my earliest resceduled gig is in July and I'll be honest I'd be very, very surprised if it goes ahead. I did wonder if they would try socially distancing them so bands that were due to play venues that hold about 250 play venues that hold about 800-1000 so people could socially distance but I think it would be too hard to police inside. A shame as it would be a way to get some money to venues and to the grassroots musicians but probably still too high risk and would lose atmosphere. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Paul Heaton, good man

Was just coming to post this. He's a genuine good guy isn't he. Have you seen the clip from The Wright Show where he offered to nationalise himself and the Tories turned him down. I suspect it's just the tip of the iceberg with him as well. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Was just coming to post this. He's a genuine good guy isn't he. Have you seen the clip from The Wright Show where he offered to nationalise himself and the Tories turned him down. I suspect it's just the tip of the iceberg with him as well. 

Ha no, ill have a look

I haven't read this thread, so don't know if this has already been posted or not. However, I was shown this article late last night, knew of this thread, and thought I'd post it on the off chance that it hadn't been posted before. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/the-support-act-s-t-shirt-shrank-so-fatboy-slim-made-me-a-mixtape-1.3950072?fbclid=IwAR2_PD2rn9yNtCFQtR7HSDaNJTLwyV0zz_FiDv3fVCdrZDXEHf2eLGbJ14g

• Upvote 1