Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

How many times can I ask before they lock me up?

Been a fan for ages and even went to the party that launched their first album, my wife's uncle is also mates with him. I could get him to find out the stage? I am so hoping for a pyramid opener. Lost count of number of times I have seen him since the comeback but its probably around 15.

Do you think he enjoyed meeting me?

IMAG1179.jpg

is he the one on the right ? he looks very happy :) 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not being rude but who are these people? I'm still discovering a lot of music and there's much that has passed be my, this being one of them.

Is there a good place to start with Heaton & Abbot? Are they one of those bands where I'll probably recognise a lot of their songs without realising it's them?

Haha are you joking? It is effectively The Beautiful Sourh without the backing band. Biggest pop band of 80s/90s. 3 albums just by them and all amazing. For their new stuff try DIY, I Gottta Praise, Heatongrad, Moulding Of A Fool, Man Is The Biggest Bitch Of All. Most of set is Beaut South and Housemartjns though. FLAG day, happy hour, caravan of love, people who grinned, me and farmer, song for whoever's, good as gold, you keep it all in, Rotterdam, perfect 10.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Haha are you joking? It is effectively The Beautiful Sourh without the backing band. Biggest pop band of 80s/90s. 3 albums just by them and all amazing. For their new stuff try DIY, I Gottta Praise, Heatongrad, Moulding Of A Fool, Man Is The Biggest Bitch Of All. Most of set is Beaut South and Housemartjns though. FLAG day, happy hour, caravan of love, people who grinned, me and farmer, song for whoever's, good as gold, you keep it all in, Rotterdam, perfect 10.....

Thanks, I'll check those out, but I don't know who the Beautiful South or Housemartins are either. Not joking ?

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

123739.jpg?b64lines=IEEgInR1cmtleSIgaXMg

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thanks, I'll check those out, but I don't know who the Beautiful South or Housemartins are either. Not joking ?

You'll probably recognise a load of the songs when you hear them.  One of those bands that have been around on radio for so long that at least a few of them will have entered your brain by osmosis without you even realising it :D

Housemartins - Caravan of Love, Happy Hour

Beautiful South - Song for Whoever, You Keep It All In, A Little Time, Don't Marry Her, Rotterdam, Perfect 10, Old Red Eyes Is Back

I'll be amazed if at least one of those doesn't make you go "Oh THOSE guys!"

Also fun fact - the bass player for the Housemartins way back when was one Norman "Fatboy Slim" Cook.

31 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Definitely going to see these. Up there with Belle and Sebastian on my list of bands I love but haven't managed to see live.

Did you go to Glastonbury 2016?

It was literally Paul Heaton & Jacqui followed by Belle & Sebastian on the other stage.

I only say Paul & Jacqui. They were great. 

Bought a ticket for the Manchester gig as something to look forward to after Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Did you go to Glastonbury 2016?

It was literally Paul Heaton & Jacqui followed by Belle & Sebastian on the other stage.

I only say Paul & Jacqui. They were great. 

Bought a ticket for the Manchester gig as something to look forward to after Glastonbury.

I went in 2016, yeah. Not sure what I was doing instead of Paul and Jacqui... Weren't Belle and Sebastian 2015 though? I wasn't there then.