Oxfam Volunteering 12th Feb

marathonsteve

40 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

well good luck for today - if you get places and you arrive on the Tuesday Your crew pass will get you into the ' interstage area ' { Pyramid back stage } and various ' general crew bars ' - note you need to double check as some crew bars issue a extra wrist band because without it you will not be able to reach that bar from the Wednesday - various areas have their own paper wrist band - so if in doubt ask.

Thank you very much - good to know too!!

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

well good luck for today - if you get places and you arrive on the Tuesday Your crew pass will get you into the ' interstage area ' { Pyramid back stage } and various ' general crew bars ' - note you need to double check as some crew bars issue a extra wrist band because without it you will not be able to reach that bar from the Wednesday - various areas have their own paper wrist band - so if in doubt ask.

Do crew passes get yo7 to the interstate area from Wednesday onwards or only Tuesday and before ... just curious 

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

I’m not applying,  but when do people find out if they’ve been sucessful ? 

It is meant to be first come first served so straight away more or less. 

My friend is trying now but is stuck. I cant even load the oxfam page... think the sites crashed? or is struggling.

2 minutes ago, miffmiffy said:

Arghhh, it's earmarked two card payments out of my account but I can't see I've managed to secure a space.

Resales it is then. Loves me a good nailbiter!

The rule of thumb is supposed to be, if payment is taken the place is confirmed (subject to reference checking out, completing training, etc).

So I'd say be cautiously optimistic.

Yeah my friend had money taken but said reservation could not be confirmed.... she tried again and selected campaigner.... it now says at the bottom "you have already paid so clicking continue you agree to blah blah blah "

But then that says its sold out a swell... what a shit show of a website to be fair. 

Edited by Havors

Just now, DropBeat said:

I don't see glastonbury in the list now, not sure if thats because their system has me down as registered... or if because it's sold out

It's because you've got a place.

If it's full, it says that - if you've already got a place at a festival (or one with conflicting dates), then it won't show it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

did you get an confirmation email? 

Ye mate - both got emails straight away. I wasn’t sure on my partners though because after payment he just got a white screen, then when we tried to do it again Glastonbury wasn’t an option. If Glastonbury isn’t an option, it means you’re done. Otherwise it would still list Glastonbury, even when sold out.

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Ye mate - both got emails straight away. I wasn’t sure on my partners though because after payment he just got a white screen, then when we tried to do it again Glastonbury wasn’t an option. If Glastonbury isn’t an option, it means you’re done. Otherwise it would still list Glastonbury, even when sold out.

Yeah the option was removed fro my friend but she has not had any email. They have taken payment though.