Anyone recently quit smoking?

whitehorses

I quit 13 months ago and still using a vape every day,  30 a day and smoking 40 years... I have never felt so unwell as the past 13 months tbh .

No reason to give up just had enough but yes , I miss it every daamn day and living with a smoker is hard.

Most peculiar thing is when I'm having a drink I don't find it quite so hard 

I'd stopped in September last year after one of the Allen Carr stopping smoking sessions/meetings - was very dubious of it at the time and was fully in the "Im not ready to stop camp - but Ive paid my money, so I'll give it a go" - Ive never really looked back.....Im still amazed at how easy I found it after having tried Champix, patches, vapes etc.....previously to no success.

Did have a couple of cheeky ones over the festival weekend - but "the initial ooohh...I could right go a smoke" went fairly quickly to..."now I feel guilty and a bit sick" and I reckon it was the cause of fairly severe heartburn/acid reflux (problem I used to suffer with when smoking - relaxation of muscles allows the acid to rise up) on both Saturday and Sunday - fair dampened the latter half of the weekend for me!

Big lesson learned there for next year ;) - i.e. dont be a dick....you dont need it Paul!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

@The Nalshit, yeah, when put like that... Millenials keep getting told if they give up Starbucks and Costa they’d be able to buy a house, but think coke and hookers probs a stronger motivator 

Its a good take on life ?

I got through the festival without a puff at all. Didn't torch any of my vapes that much either except the Monday before but that is due to the excited drinking i do on the first day there. Really pleased with myself although miss sharing a late night shark with Mrs Q 

Quit smoking over 8 years ago and started vaping, and still vape to this day. I bought a pack on the Wednesday this year and on the first drag was reminded how fucking disgusting the taste of cigarettes is. Still, I smoked them over the next couple of days once I was drunk enough to not care, and bought another pack though (half of which I threw away).

I've had to think a bit about posting this (see below). I'm not sure about it at all. Over to you, I guess.

I've set fire to one of them 100 cigarette a day smoking beagles,. and am smoking that. Does that make me a bad person? If so, Ill switch to smoking straight dope. The future is yours, the future is...................................... - to be determined.