Lollapalooza Berlin 2019

birchtree29

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, Hullabaloo92 said:

@charlierc no, only the Perry Stage is hosted in the stadium, where you can expect acts like Martin Garrix, Don Diablo, Underworld, Scooter etc.

I guess for many younger attenders this is actually the "real" Main Stage :D

And yeah, Werchter is a good point. This is still their only festival show in 2019 worldwide. I wonder what they had to do to get Muse.

My mistake. Although thinking about it I saw footage from The National when they played this last year and that they were on one of the 2 main stages but both of those were out in the Olympiapark next to the stadium rather than inside.

I'm still waiting to see what the full day splits are before seeing if this is worth it. It is still the case a lot of European festivals just lack the something that made 2018 so good. Maybe 2020 will be better.

Werchter is particularly odd because Muse are also doing shows in Nijmegen, Amsterdam and Cologne, which are all pretty close to each other and to RW. I was more game for RW until I saw the bill for that and felt it was a disappointment - double shame because that's on my festival bucket list, especially after I saw great bills in 2014 and 2018. Oh well.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, jj200 said:

They are also doing rock in Rio 

Yeah... Although as said above, an undercard of Imagine Dragons and Nickelback is very sub-par. Oddly most of the other days at RiR are looking fine.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

• 2 weeks later...

Marteria and Caspar appears to have been the "TBA" headliner. Can't say I've heard of either, although both appear to be huge stars by themselves judging by the Wikipedia entries.

Few other acts on the bill have been added but can't say I feel anymore enticed. Stockholm's Foo Fighters day looks the strongest of this year's European Lollapaloozas.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Marteria and Caspar appears to have been the "TBA" headliner. Can't say I've heard of either, although both appear to be huge stars by themselves judging by the Wikipedia entries.

Few other acts on the bill have been added but can't say I feel anymore enticed. Stockholm's Foo Fighters day looks the strongest of this year's European Lollapaloozas.

Marteria and Casper are like the biggest rap solo artists in Germany of the last decade, so it's like a german attempt to copy Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay-Z :P

To be fair, each of them played Lollapalooza Berlin with major slots in the last two years and they're both playing a HUGE solo show in Berlin like a month prior to this event......so this booking seems a bit overkill to me.

This is by far the worst undercard of Lolla Berlin ever, I just can't see where all the money went, there doesn't seem to any act that should be too expensive.....

4 hours ago, dude111 said:

rita ora.

wtf is the headliner they sold us?!

naahhh, she is not a headliner, but her position is very high, though....

The last four act on each day should be:

Saturday: Billie Eilish (Main 2) => Marteria & Casper (Main 1) => Twenty One Pilots (Main 2) => Swedish House Mafia (Main 1)

Sunday: Rita Ora (Main 2) => Khalid (Main 1) => Kraftklub (Main 2) => Kings of Leon (Main 1)

With Muse, Florence + the Machine, The Strokes, Post Malone, The 1975, Royal Blood, Franz Ferdinand, Chvrches etc around at the end of the summer this right here is a total let down....

11 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

naahhh, she is not a headliner, but her position is very high, though....

The last four act on each day should be:

Saturday: Billie Eilish (Main 2) => Marteria & Casper (Main 1) => Twenty One Pilots (Main 2) => Swedish House Mafia (Main 1)

Sunday: Rita Ora (Main 2) => Khalid (Main 1) => Kraftklub (Main 2) => Kings of Leon (Main 1)

With Muse, Florence + the Machine, The Strokes, Post Malone, The 1975, Royal Blood, Franz Ferdinand, Chvrches etc around at the end of the summer this right here is a total let down....

look at the new poster, they deleted the tba anounced headliner which means rita is the missing name

7 hours ago, dude111 said:

look at the new poster, they deleted the tba anounced headliner which means rita is the missing name

Dude, Marteria & Casper have been clealy announced as the final headliner for Saturday! :P

By german standards this seems pretty legit but in my opinion this is the most uninspired decision they could have made....

8 hours ago, dude111 said:

I think she's high up the bill but the Instagram post confirming she's on the bill isn't saying she's a headliner. I didn't know who Marteria and Casper were until Googling them but the sound that they are two big names in German hip-hop trying something like a Watch the Throne is a bit much.

19 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Yeah. Not least given, as said above, Muse play their own Berlin Mercedes Arena concert 2 days after the festival, even if it looks like they're prioritising their own productions. Though tbf they're doing Oslo/Copenhagen shows over the weekend of this.

Royal Blood doesn't seem to be doing that much touring in all fairness. Maybe its just a few prep festivals ahead of a full campaign for the new album.

• 3 months later...