Lollapalooza Berlin 2019

birchtree29

I'm guessing it might be FATM but because they're playing Berlin next month, its embargoed until after then. In saying that, however, that show is sold out, so... don't know. Especially given they have other things announced. Though it might well be that its somebody else entirely.

Can't say its the most enticing bill though. But then very few in 2019 are.

Edited by charlierc

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm guessing it might be FATM but because they're playing Berlin next month, its embargoed until after then. In saying that, however, that show is sold out, so... don't know. Especially given they have other things announced. Though it might well be that its somebody else entirely.

Can't say its the most enticing bill though. But then very few in 2019 are.

I think it’s Lana Del Rey. 

9 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

459243FA-31DA-46C7-94E0-2958356E84C2.png

Who do you think tba is? This poster shows the first letter of last name as B or D

If it was only one line, definitely Dua Lipa - but it looks like two lines.

Actually really stumped on this

13 hours ago, gfa said:

If it was only one line, definitely Dua Lipa - but it looks like two lines.

Actually really stumped on this

Dua Lipa already played Lolla Berlin last year ;)

It was confirmed that Swedish House Mafia would close one of the Main Stages, Twenty One Pilots should close the other Main Stage......so the "tba" could only get the last slot on the Perry Stage, which is mostly reserved for EDM Acts.

I wonder if they would let another EDM DJ play against Swedish House Mafia or if we could expect a bigger German Rap Artist for this slot, but I can't figure out who this could be....

By the way, I could't imagine such a weak undercard like this one

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Muse have announced they're playing Berlin a few days after this at the Mercedes Benz Arena. So if there's a workable day split with the acts I like or might wanna see on the Sunday, I might go for this as a one-two.

Having seen the above, however, the only thing I see of that big of interest is Kings of Leon... not sure. Especially as the thing they're doing in Liverpool looks more up my street.

Edited by charlierc

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Muse have announced they're playing Berlin a few days after this at the Mercedes Benz Arena. So if there's a workable day split with the acts I like or might wanna see on the Sunday, I might go for this as a one-two.

Having seen the above, however, the only thing I see of that big of interest is Kings of Leon... not sure. Especially as the thing they're doing in Liverpool looks more up my street.

Speaking of it, I'm quite disappointed that they weren't able to book Muse for this event.

Since they are struggeling all the time to find big headliners in september and now a headliner, nearly every major festival wants to get their hands on, is around excactly during their season........I simply don't get why they decided to book Swedish House Mafia instead.

By the way they mentioned on Facebook that Underworld would play in the stadium. So they should close the Perry Stage on saturday and play against Swedish House Mafia. The missing "headliner" on Saturday must be subbing SHM or Twenty One Pilots.

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

I like your plan but I would prefer to see Muse on June 1st in London and then take Eurostar/Flight to Paris and see Tame Impala in Sunday June 2nd of We Love Green Festival instead of paying similar amount to Lollapalooza Berlin

7 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Speaking of it, I'm quite disappointed that they weren't able to book Muse for this event.

Since they are struggeling all the time to find big headliners in september and now a headliner, nearly every major festival wants to get their hands on, is around excactly during their season........I simply don't get why they decided to book Swedish House Mafia instead.

By the way they mentioned on Facebook that Underworld would play in the stadium. So they should close the Perry Stage on saturday and play against Swedish House Mafia. The missing "headliner" on Saturday must be subbing SHM or Twenty One Pilots.

I'm surprised they're doing Werchter at all tbf given most of their touring plans seem to revolve around their own shows, except for that, the one in Brazil (god Imagine Dragons/Nickelback as support. Jesus) and the Singapore F1 race (which genuinely looked to have more going on than some festivals). I know they're playing Oslo/Copenhagen dates on the weekend of Lolla Berlin, but still, you'd think they'd give it a go. Would certainly entice people in,.

Is the main stage inside the Berlin Olympiastadion? That would still be cool to see a gig in I think, even if it probably would be less than what, say, U2 or Depeche Mode would attract there.

I'm still curious who the TBA headliner is tbf. Not sure who its likely to be though, given I'm not entirely sure who is about at this time of year this year.

40 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I like your plan but I would prefer to see Muse on June 1st in London and then take Eurostar/Flight to Paris and see Tame Impala in Sunday June 2nd of We Love Green Festival instead of paying similar amount to Lollapalooza Berlin

That'd work too tbf.

@charlierc no, only the Perry Stage is hosted in the stadium, where you can expect acts like Martin Garrix, Don Diablo, Underworld, Scooter etc.

I guess for many younger attenders this is actually the "real" Main Stage :D

And yeah, Werchter is a good point. This is still their only festival show in 2019 worldwide. I wonder what they had to do to get Muse.

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

@charlierc no, only the Perry Stage is hosted in the stadium, where you can expect acts like Martin Garrix, Don Diablo, Underworld, Scooter etc.

I guess for many younger attenders this is actually the "real" Main Stage :D

And yeah, Werchter is a good point. This is still their only festival show in 2019 worldwide. I wonder what they had to do to get Muse.

They are also doing rock in Rio