Weezer Sunday?

Krisesk

2 hours ago, Perks said:

How likely are Weezer do we know? man I need to get a ticket in the resale

They have a London show right around Glastonbury so you’d think they’d be likely, although theyre only free on the Sunday and that London show is listed as their only U.K. show, so we may be shit out of luck once again. 

Seems weird to go Belgium - London - Germany for the sake of one London show, when you could, presumably, fit that London show on at either end of the European tour.  I'm not certain how the logistic of it all works but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense unless they're doing it purely because they're in the UK for Glastonbury that weekend.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, FloorFiller said:

They have a London show right around Glastonbury so you’d think they’d be likely, although theyre only free on the Sunday and that London show is listed as their only U.K. show, so we may be shit out of luck once again. 

Mmmm still gives me enough hope to cling on to for it a bit (aslong as i get a ticket too)

Cheers dude

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, wozwebs said:

No Weezer - gutted. Surely wouldn't fly over to the UK just to play one gig at Brixton?

TBA secret slot? Probably even more unlikely but did have high hopes for them. I even considered seeing if I could put a bet on them playing.

• 11 months later...

1. Weezer
2. Pinkerton
3. Everything Will Be Alright in the End
4. Weezer
5. Maladroit
6. Hurley
7. Weezer
8. Make Believe
9. Weezer
10. Weezer
11. Death to False Metal
12. Weezer
13. Raditude
14. Pacific Daydream

I’ve just realised that admitting to having listened to all Weezer albums is like admitting to owning a blow-up doll.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

1. Weezer
2. Pinkerton
4. Weezer
5. Maladroit
6. Hurley
7. Weezer
8. Make Believe
9. Weezer
10. Weezer
11. Death to False Metal
12. Weezer
13. Raditude
14. Pacific Daydream

I’ve just realised that admitting to having listened to all Weezer albums is like admitting to owning a blow-up doll.

Hey , I’ve listened to all of Weezer's albums*

*though I have got a blow up doll which kind of backs your statement up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

1. Weezer
2. Pinkerton
4. Weezer
5. Maladroit
6. Hurley
7. Weezer
8. Make Believe
9. Weezer
10. Weezer
11. Death to False Metal
12. Weezer
13. Raditude
14. Pacific Daydream

Your Weezers in chronological order I take it? As is correct. 

On 5/3/2020 at 10:04 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Red below Make Believe is contentious

Green below Hurley is outrageous

Do people actually fuck with Red? I figure it’s that people just like Pork & Beans, and generally people who haven’t listened to the song since their teens.

Either way the list to me is like when the SPL breaks in half in March. There’s two really good ones, then the rest of the top half you can admire, and then the bottom half is utter dogshit disgracing the name but have to be ranked nonetheless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

This thread made me ‘rediscover’ Weezer, as hadn’t listened to them properly for a good 8 years. My god, there’s a lot of filler and just shit on those albums..

Say it ain’t so is still my number 1, absolute banger.

Just how good is Blue though? It’s been my car album for the last month or two, can’t help but scream along to it. 

12 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Just how good is Blue though? It’s been my car album for the last month or two, can’t help but scream along to it. 

As a lifelong emo kid Pinkerton will always be my favourite, but Blue ain't far behind. I've always wondered if their later work was a conscious decision to move away from their initial college rock sound or if Rivers just lost that part of his song writing ability.

After seeing dentals list I thought about doing my own, but I haven't listened to their past few albums in full and really don't know if I have it in me to make it all the way through some of the shite they've released, even with all this time on my hands.

Stereophonics.  Word Gets Around was a really good debut, and Performance & Cocktails built on that without becoming overpolished. I know they get a bad deal around here, but those two albums were crackers.

After that....not so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As a lifelong emo kid Pinkerton will always be my favourite, but Blue ain't far behind. I've always wondered if their later work was a conscious decision to move away from their initial college rock sound or if Rivers just lost that part of his song writing ability.

After seeing dentals list I thought about doing my own, but I haven't listened to their past few albums in full and really don't know if I have it in me to make it all the way through some of the shite they've released, even with all this time on my hands.

Pinkerton’s an album I appreciated more later on in life, didn’t quite get it at first but do love that it basically started Emo. They became a singles band after the first two releases, there’s a big banger standout on each of the next few albums after them but that was about it. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Stereophonics.  Word Gets Around was a really good debut, and Performance & Cocktails built on that without becoming overpolished. I know they get a bad deal around here, but those two albums were crackers.

After that....not so much.

Agreed, I love Phonics but I'll admit their albums generally are pretty poor but always a hit or two on each one, except Keep Calm and Carry On, that was just shit.

Edited by Superunknown