• 4 weeks later...
Just now, The Martini Police said:

Wow, that's a pretty big move 4 months out, isn't it? How often does that happen? Any other factors apart from shambolic sales?

Not sure I've known anything the same before, although of course there's often been bargain deals for some of the London big-gigs.

Can only think its to drive sales, so i'm guessing they must have been below expectations.

Kettling of punters - even if you left early - you were forced into a non-moving queue to get to a tube station that was so slow the station was shut by the time you got there.

Long queues.

Overcrowding.

On the plus side, it wasn't as bad as QOTSA Finsbury Park also last year, which was the poorest organisation I've experienced in 25 years of gigging.

3 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Wow, that's a pretty big move 4 months out, isn't it? How often does that happen? Any other factors apart from shambolic sales?

That's actually put me off, I'd have gone for £40 I reckon with Catfish, Rag N Bone Man and DMAs to see but Bastille instead nope. I did like them back when they 1st appeared but not arsed for a while now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That's actually put me off, I'd have gone for £40 I reckon with Catfish, Rag N Bone Man and DMAs to see but Bastille instead nope. I did like them back when they 1st appeared but not arsed for a while now.

They have the second stage headliner on at the same time as the main stage sub. Could even be DMA’s.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, John L said:

Got an email today offering “6 for 5”. Not exactly a great deal but I think it shows where it’s going. I can see this getting binned off. 

Community's lineup isn't great either and theres no (young) indie day at APE either. I haven't bought a ticket for this or community yet, i would have done community but Kooks at reading put me off they were a bore. I think it will survive though, just didn't have a great headliner this year i guess that was with the old theme and they've had to adapt around it.

Edited by gfa

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, gfa said:

Community's lineup isn't great either and theres no (young) indie day at APE either. I haven't bought a ticket for this or community yet, i would have done community but Kooks at reading put me off they were a bore. I think it will survive though, just didn't have a great headliner this year i guess that was with the old theme and they've had to adapt around i

yeah they weren't great at reading especially after The Wombats who took down the place really didn't help

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea how this is selling, definitely not coughing up full price as i'm seeing Catfish already this summer and saw them at the SSE - but hoping for some cheap tickets/competition ones. Twickets is empty

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Do we reckon they will start giving out free tickets to this as I've been getting a lot of free ones to APE and was wondering if this would do similar?

Don't think they are run by the same company though are they?

I can't think of any time that has happened for a Live Nation event. They're more likely to commission partners to run a competition with unlimited winners.