Stick close to friends and try not to be separated.
Be careful of big crowds, especially in the tents - if you want a quick escape, you'll find it difficult if you're only 10 rows back from the middle barrier.
Don't excessively drink or 'take anything'.
Plan in advance but don't panic if the plan seems delayed. People get held up by bottlenecks/security etc... I regularly end up waiting 10-15 mins at the ice cream van, waiting for my pals to show up.
Find your bearings across the site as early as possible, including support/first aid tent locations.
Keep your phone handy and with enough charge to contact people.
Understand that the majority of people there just want to have a good time, just like you. The very small minority of idiots usually get found out, thrown out or move along in their own time without causing too much of a fuss.?
Take with you anything that normally helps ease your anxiety and if it's valuable, keep it in the lockers.
Follow the usual festival guidelines about being prepared for weather, staying hydrated and eating well.

That's all I can think of for now ?

Yeah just to echo a few points Cammers made:

Stick with friends and make sure your in a position where you can leave the crowd if you feel you have to.

Make sure your phone is charged, I usually take 2-3 portable chargers for the weekend. 

Have a meeting point inside the arena for if you get lost and make sure people in your group are aware of it before hand. 

Go in to the arena early on when it's less busy and just make sure you know your surroundings.

At the end of the day, pretty much everyone there is there for the same reason, to have fun. It can seem somewhat daunting at first with the amount of people but you will have a fantastic time with your friends. The festival stewards are there to help you, don't be afraid to ask them for directions or help if you need it. 

Enjoy your time at Leeds!

2 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Yeah just to echo a few points Cammers made:

Stick with friends and make sure your in a position where you can leave the crowd if you feel you have to.

Make sure your phone is charged, I usually take 2-3 portable chargers for the weekend. 

Have a meeting point inside the arena for if you get lost and make sure people in your group are aware of it before hand. 

Go in to the arena early on when it's less busy and just make sure you know your surroundings.

At the end of the day, pretty much everyone there is there for the same reason, to have fun. It can seem somewhat daunting at first with the amount of people but you will have a fantastic time with your friends. The festival stewards are there to help you, don't be afraid to ask them for directions or help if you need it. 

Enjoy your time at Leeds!

Also check out this section on the Leeds Festival website: https://www.leedsfestival.com/information-category/personal-safety